• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Place To Wheel Alignment

sira

Can somebody advice me the best place to do t the wheel alignment for Honda EK3 As it got rear wheel alignment too. (Most of cars has this but)

I did checked my car alignment the place nearby rathnawali balika college in borella. During the reading the current alignment one of technician had to open front 2 reader unit and unplug the cable and plug then the system become noramal. Look that is not correct. However the software that they got is American and it is for left-hand driving cars, are they compatible with right-hand driving cars?

Anybody know any good place for especially for Honda?

Sira

Can somebody advice me the best place to do t the wheel alignment for Honda EK3 As it got rear wheel alignment too. (Most of cars has this but)

I did checked my car alignment the place nearby rathnawali balika college in borella. During the reading the current alignment one of technician had to open front 2 reader unit and unplug the cable and plug then the system become noramal. Look that is not correct. However the software that they got is American and it is for left-hand driving cars, are they compatible with right-hand driving cars?

Anybody know any good place for especially for Honda?

Sira

'Sira',

Go to Nalaka next to Arpico show room First turn to left after Ibbavala traffic lights At Union place junction from eye hospital junction.

I try the Wellawatha galle road near Savoy theater on the other side of the road as that place was recommend by the forum they could not do my Caster adjustment.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

I too noticed some shops have machines that are meant for left had drive vehicles.

Although I'm not sure about the machines, there's a difference is setting alignment for LHD and RHD vehicles. Roads are crowned (sloped to a side) to allow for water drainage and when setting alignment the crown is taken into consideration coz it cause vehicle to slightly pull to a side.

So the values for left wheels are different from the values of the right ones. If the recommended values shown by the machine are for LHD they could be wrong for our roads.

Car Care wellawatte is good.

@Sylvi : was nalaka able to adjust the castor ? and if so how did they do it? Normally castor is not adjustable on most cars and afaik you need to pull the frame or control arms to adjust it.

• Like 1

I too noticed some shops have machines that are meant for left had drive vehicles.

Although I'm not sure about the machines, there's a difference is setting alignment for LHD and RHD vehicles. Roads are crowned (sloped to a side) to allow for water drainage and when setting alignment the crown is taken into consideration coz it cause vehicle to slightly pull to a side.

So the values for left wheels are different from the values of the right ones. If the recommended values shown by the machine are for LHD they could be wrong for our roads.

Car Care wellawatte is good.

@Sylvi : was nalaka able to adjust the castor ? and if so how did they do it? Normally castor is not adjustable on most cars and afaik you need to pull the frame or control arms to adjust it.

'Amila G',

Yes you are correct.

I had driving side tire wasting on inside. They wanted to me to take the strut shock absorber little to words outside I drilled three holes on the Vehicle frame and fitted the same it was corrected know both front tires have the same measurements.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Sylvi, is that camber or castor you adjusted for? Sounds like camber to me. Incidentally I faced a similar issue recently. I noted that in my earlier shocks some allocation had been made to allow for a camber adjustment. I recently replaced the shocks and of course this modification is not there. So rather than drill a bigger hole, I simply bought 4 bolts off ebay (yet to be delivered) that allows for the camber to be adjusted by turning them around. Wheel alignment place didn't pick up any worrying issues but I bought them just to be on the safe side as I plan to take the car to a proper alignment place next time who will pay a lot more attention to slight variances.

Ironically in my car you can adjust the camber at the back and it's not a modification.

Hi Sylvi, is that camber or castor you adjusted for? Sounds like camber to me. Incidentally I faced a similar issue recently. I noted that in my earlier shocks some allocation had been made to allow for a camber adjustment. I recently replaced the shocks and of course this modification is not there. So rather than drill a bigger hole, I simply bought 4 bolts off ebay (yet to be delivered) that allows for the camber to be adjusted by turning them around. Wheel alignment place didn't pick up any worrying issues but I bought them just to be on the safe side as I plan to take the car to a proper alignment place next time who will pay a lot more attention to slight variances.

Ironically in my car you can adjust the camber at the back and it's not a modification.

'don',

The agents said it cannot happen as these vehicles are done to international specs and caster is pre set but when you test the caster it is negative on driving side wheel.

Only thing to do is remove bottom arm and cut into two and have a adjustment bolts on a improvised plate with long slots on the bottom arm so it can be adjusted which is a time taking matter.

To cut short everything I made three new holes on the body chassis and took the shock with the spring out by 2/3 rd of an a inch

Then it came to the left hand side wheel measurements.

Must run few thousand miles and see the difference.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

i had a big issue in alignment and seeked the help of my bros in AL. I was guided for 2 places

1. auto wheel center, panadura

2. car care, wellawatta.

i went to car care cz of close proximity and they took 2+ hours and did all adjustments manually and i got my problem solved nicely.

u can go through the thread i post and u can find a way after reading the replies by experienced people. regards

Bloody hell! so much for Chinese quality control. Sounds like an issue with the manufacture of the lower arm!

Don,

I have a Indian omni van. No more Chinese van I sold same about two years ogo.

In side tire wastage of front driving side I notised after 10000 KMs.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

both the places I go for alignment do the camber adjustment by using a little gadget which looks like a pneumatic puller. I once asked how it works and they said it bends the strut a bit to get the camber corrected. Sounds a bit scary but works. I too wanted camber bolts but gave up the idea as cannot trust the quality of ebay parts :(

both the places I go for alignment do the camber adjustment by using a little gadget which looks like a pneumatic puller. I once asked how it works and they said it bends the strut a bit to get the camber corrected. Sounds a bit scary but works. I too wanted camber bolts but gave up the idea as cannot trust the quality of ebay parts :(

Amila, the part I speak of is just a bolt. It will not make any modifications to any other components and you will have your original bolts to hand should you suspect a failure. To be honest it is very unlikely something like a bolt will break and to be honest you can get it made in SL itself from a good machine shop/lathe. It is not a complicated piece of kit.

I am a lot more confident than you with regards to part quality. To be honest the bolts cost me £20 with shipping to SL. That is half the cost of my new shock absorbers. I'd rather that than using a puller on the shocks!

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I'm also in need of getting following done to my Alto (45,000km). can you recommend a reliable place somewhere around Borella area. 

1. Wheel alignment

2. Suspension testing

3. Full inspection (T belt, brake, clutch etc)

4. Headlight alignment

Your advice in this regard wold be appreciated