• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

High Fuel Consumption On Diesel

VTEC

Question

Hello,

We got a recon nissan caravan e25 2007 3L diesel auto recently and after using for a few days we realized the fuel consumption is very high. We are getting only around 4.75 kmpl! We topped up the tank, and after a day topped up the tank again from the same pump untill it autostopped, and realized we had pumped in about 17.75L for only 85km on the odo.

We've heard from users this vehicle does around atleast 7/8kmpl in the city and 10+ outstation.

We did a full service at A*W before using. Appreciate your expert advice and opinion on what we should get checked and what could be the main causes/factors for this high fuel consumption.

Thanks,

V

9 answers to this question

Its a 3.0L engine. :)

Also a known party owns one and he claims that he is lucky to get 6 kmpls with AC on. Outstation its about 7-8.

Next time, do not lsiten to the seller's fuel figures.

With teh current tax structure, there are no difference between a Diesel and a petrol vehicle IMHO.

VTEC,

The new E25 Caravan is actually very good in fuel. It is giving 9Kmpl+ in city with A/C and 12+ for outstation travelling.

Not like the E24, E25 is having Direct injection Fuel system as well as coupled a turbo unit with the 3.0L engine. Most probably it may be a fault of your Direct Injection Fuel system. BTW, have u noticed any unusual smoke from the muffler? what is the ODO meter reading?

Also, check for brake binds. these are simple things but affects lot for fuel economy.

BR

KW

It isn't very good. I had to take one to our plant in Agalawatta recently, tank was 3/4 empty by the time we returned to colombo. The driver said its awful on fuel. This was a high roof delivery van with a rear A/C conversion and 3 rows of seats.

thanks everyone but the responses are very contradicting. According to vvti and terrabytetango the 3L diesel should be giving very less fuel efficeincy around 6kmpl but according to kasun and dpbtagoda its 8+kmpl in the city. Confusing!

Not an aggressive driver at all, just normal avg driving, no smoke from the muffler, and odo is around 110K. Just surprised to get even less than 5kmpl with AC. Should we get the injectors and diesel pump cleaned up and checked? Dont think this was done by the agents.

Does the Hiace kdh give out the same mileage? A known person using the petrol version of that said he gets 6kmpl. But thats ok I suppose considering its a petrol. Diesel should definitely give more than 7 to 8kmpl should nt it? Anyone using a nissan e25 or a kdh2xx could share their experience?

Edited by VTEC

this is electronic fuel injection yeah? in that case...you should notice black smoke if the engine is using excessive fuel. usually worn injectors will burn more juice and put out black smoke. a bad pump will give you sluggish power and poor starting and the works.

I too tend to agree with VVTI...

Yes. That's why i asked the ODO reading since it might changed. And it will be a good idea to check your injectors and diesel pump ASAP.

even the e24 Caravan with massive QD32 (3200 cc and Yes, it is Non-Turbo) is also giving 8+ Kmpl in colombo with Dual AC. also i have driven an e25 for few days and it gave me 9/12(colombo/out) respectively. Now i'm having a e24 with TD27 engine (2700cc) with automatic transmission but it also gives me 9+ in colombo with A/C.

hence i would like to recommend to you to get the Injectors/Diesel Pump as well as the turbo unit.

Thanks and BR

KW