• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Liana - Ignition Coil Rod End - Rubber Bit

The bird on water

Question

Hi,

I've got a Suzuki Liana 1.6. Recently took the ignition coil assembly out to change the spark plugs and noticed that the rubbber bit surrounding the contact point between the plug and the ignition coil rod has broken in one unit. It is the wide bit right at the bottom;

My questions are;

Is there a specific name for this rubber bit?

Can I buy this rubber bit only(without buying an ignition coil)?

If I cannot buy this bit, trust that I can salvage one from a disposed ignition coil from a Liana or a Swift (engine model: M16A). Any thoughts on where I can find one?

Thanks in advance for your support.

post-7701-0-36230600-1340337412_thumb.jp

4 answers to this question

You can use tape that is used to wrap wires. Cant remember the exact name but i think its called insulating tape. Wrap this around nicely and put it back in. Should work well. good luck

Thanks but I don't think insulating tape can survive the high tempreature there. Are there similar products with high heat resistance?

Thanks but I don't think insulating tape can survive the high tempreature there. Are there similar products with high heat resistance?

'The bird on water',

Try heat shrink Raychem rubber tubing. Can buy at electrical stores in Pettah on Maliban street.

You can buy 6 inches two raychem tubes and use one first use a heat to shrink one then use the other one do same like early.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

• Like 1

'The bird on water',

Try heat shrink Raychem rubber tubing. Can buy at electrical stores in Pettah on Maliban street.

You can buy 6 inches two raychem tubes and use one first use a heat to shrink one then use the other one do same like early.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Sylvi,

Many thanks for the advice. I shall try this.