• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rewinding Ignition Coil - Will It Possible?

tilvin

Hi friends,

I have a pretty rare model car - Hindustan Ambassador Classic MPFI petrol which comes with Ignition Coil - 0221503407(Three Pins Model).

I searched Panchikawatte and Nugegoda side and could not find one. Are we having any shop who rewinds the ignition coil? Also will it possible?

I have attached the picture of the coil.

Pls assist.

post-45824-0-66032900-1340983791_thumb.j

Hi friends,

I have a pretty rare model car - Hindustan Ambassador Classic MPFI petrol which comes with Ignition Coil - 0221503407(Three Pins Model).

I searched Panchikawatte and Nugegoda side and could not find one. Are we having any shop who rewinds the ignition coil? Also will it possible?

I have attached the picture of the coil.

Pls assist.

'tilvin',

It is possible to rewind any Ignition coil. I used to do these thirty years ago. But I am on a different automobile service now.

Can you show the coil to me I will try to give you some solution for the coil.

Winding wire and insulation cost today will be around Round rupees 5000/00 and labor I cannot estimate.

Try to get down one from India. that will be the cheapest.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks Sylvi Uncle for the advise :rolleyes:

I showed this to a good EFI technician. He told that it is not matter with size or shape and the important part is the 3 pin input type. He said that Micro MPV Van uses similar pack. Where I can find Micro Van Spares? Is it selling in Panchikawatte shops or company only?

Thanks....

No worries. The Micro guy is located near the borella cemetery. Im sure you can find something very similar. When you buy the unit why dont you try to find one with the wire harness? This way you can connect it with the old harness straight away?

If you can't find out a solution from here, I can suggest you 3 options.

(1) In India, you can easily buy parts for Ambassador cars as it is very common. Give the correct details with a photo to someone who travels for pilgrimage or arranging pilgrimage trips. But most important thing is ask to get
genuine parts
. India is full of fakes for every item. (I was in India from 1998-2001). But I am afraid as now a days peak of summer and availability of pilgrimage tours.

(2) Try with Udawatta Motors, Panchikawatta. They import Maruti spares frequently from India. Try with them.

(3) Hindustan Motors is the manufacturer of Ambassador brand as well as agent for Mitsubishi in India. Here, at U n i t e d M o t o r s. I have seen Hindustan Motors poster and they may have a link. This option I am not sure much, but check with Unit#d Mot#rs.

Comparatively first option is very easy to achieve.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Thanks guys. I'll check with Micro first. And try to buy with wire harness as suggested. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Really appreciate this forum for the great involvments of motor enthusiasts.... :D Keep the good work guys.. :sport-smiley-003:

Tilvin,

The coil you can buy from India they are prepared to ship out you have to transfer the cash through bank pay the freight here to DHL.

REPLY I GOT BY EMAIL FROM INDIA THE LINK I GAVE TO YOU.

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

2400 plus tax and frieght

Sent from my BlackBerry® on Reliance Mobile, India's No. 1 Network. Go for it!

Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 17:44:25 +0600

To: <[email protected]>

Subject: Hindustan spares

Spare parts manager,

Can you ship out a new Ignition coil if I give you the part number as under.

Can transfer the cost before the shipment with air shipping cost by telegraphic transfer or by bank draft.

Hindustan Ambassador Classic MPFI petrol which comes with Ignition Coil - 0221503407(Three Pins Model).

Please do communicate by email with possibility.As early as possible like to have your telephone contract number

Your're truly,

Sylvester Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Thanks Sylvi Uncle... :speechless-smiley-006:

Anyway, unexpectedly I found an old friend of mine coming from India to Sri Lanka to vacation and promised to get the coil by Tuesday.

I really appreciate your support.

It is better you call me my login name Sylvi ineted of any other relatin ship I help you as you wanted help from the forum members.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.