• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Tune Up

rameez

Question

guys,

my lancer 1400 seems to be coughing...in the road and there is a vibration in the idle as well. the car is not picking up as usual... though of getting an engine tuneup. what are your thoughts abouta good chap around colombo.

i remember a member stating a person who was in moratuwa who has done a good job but could not locate the post becuase the phone no was there. EFI experts are not necessarily carb experts right?

how is the guy called fernando in cotta road borella? any experience with him.

thanks

rameez

10 answers to this question

guys,

my lancer 1400 seems to be coughing...in the road and there is a vibration in the idle as well. the car is not picking up as usual... though of getting an engine tuneup. what are your thoughts abouta good chap around colombo.

i remember a member stating a person who was in moratuwa who has done a good job but could not locate the post becuase the phone no was there. EFI experts are not necessarily carb experts right?

thanks

rameez

Rameeze, why don't you rule the simple things like spark plug failure, or HT lead failure out? This can be done by any competent mechanic. Also check if your fuel lines are not blocked and the fuel filter is clear as well.

fuel filter was replaced 8 months ago...i dont think this is the issue,

but let me check the other things.

any idea why the car jerks a lot.......when i park it and the engine is running till i close the gate in out garden i have noticed there are intermittent vibrations in the engine....and then when the car is on the road the vibrations are quite high and there is fuel smell coming from the car. at high speed say about 50k++++

guys,

thanks

rameez

'rameez',

Answering your last Question. Mr. Fernando do tuning of cars his father did this for long time then he took over from his farther.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

thanks

rameez

Been going there for over a year now, for every 10k clocked. Could recommend him to anyone with an EFI engine. However i was told that he's even better for carbs.

Cheers,

K9M

i also can agree to that....yesterday i went to him and he tuned my engine and the car is smooth now and i can feel a great difference. the guy is good as all members have told me. Does not talk much and is a silent chap but knows what he is doing and concentrates fully on the work ....i guess it is his passion and he enjoys his work. I went there at about 1 pm and got a bill of about 2200 which is reasonable from my point of view.

he told me that my rotor in the distributor is short and that needs to be sorted out.apart from that he made all the other stuff.

Rameeze, why don't you rule the simple things like spark plug failure, or HT lead failure out? This can be done by any competent mechanic. Also check if your fuel lines are not blocked and the fuel filter is clear as well.

thanks don and i think there was an issue where one of the wires were burned and that was also contributing to the miss.thanks anyway.

i also can agree to that....yesterday i went to him and he tuned my engine and the car is smooth now and i can feel a great difference. the guy is good as all members have told me. Does not talk much and is a silent chap but knows what he is doing and concentrates fully on the work ....i guess it is his passion and he enjoys his work. I went there at about 1 pm and got a bill of about 2200 which is reasonable from my point of view.

he told me that my rotor in the distributor is short and that needs to be sorted out.apart from that he made all the other stuff.

Can you share me the address of this guy?