• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Reverse Sensors / Camera

akboselk

Hi,

looking for car reverse Sensors OR camera to fix to my car.

any advantages ( or disadvantages ) of Camera system over the sensor system ?

I checked with few dealers for camera system and most of them 50K including city guide licence. Any recommended place for these type of system ?

thanks

cityguide is a gps system so unless you want a navigation unit, no need to spend the bucks.

as for cameras and sensors...run a search. discussed in detail before!

Hi,

looking for car reverse Sensors OR camera to fix to my car.

any advantages ( or disadvantages ) of Camera system over the sensor system ?

I checked with few dealers for camera system and most of them 50K including city guide licence. Any recommended place for these type of system ?

thanks

Try Pet#o La#ka. I heard they are good.

did you fix it youeself? What is your car?

I too bought a set off ebay well over an year ago to hook up to the truck

easy DIY if you're ok with electrical bits. Need to tap into the reverse light circuit, and power the sensor unit via a relay. I didn;t want to directly run the unit off the reverse light wiring so hooked a relay in there for safety.

Mu unit of course, one of the sensors failed after roughly and year an half of use... so bought a another set to scavenge parts out of.

Please think about your rear buffer before drilling holes. It is very expensive to replace it. If it's made of metal (Toyota Hilux) it starts corroding. I have a bad experience with a hilux vigo which the previous owner has drilled holes in the rear buffer to fix a reverse sensor system and the buffer started showing signs of corrosion. I don't find them much effective like cams as srilankan pedestrians always walk behind a reversing car. The sensors take some time to inform it to you.

Please think about your rear buffer before drilling holes. It is very expensive to replace it. If it's made of metal (Toyota Hilux) it starts corroding. I have a bad experience with a hilux vigo which the previous owner has drilled holes in the rear buffer to fix a reverse sensor system and the buffer started showing signs of corrosion. I don't find them much effective like cams as srilankan pedestrians always walk behind a reversing car. The sensors take some time to inform it to you.

That happens because the Hilux has a metal/chrome rear buffer, it interferes with the activity of the reverse sensor kit.. there are special kits for metal buffers..