• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help In Identifying A Problem Existing In The Vehicle Industry

Raminda A4

Hello, I'm looking for a problem for my final MBA project (Dissertation) which is to do an in depth analysis on a problem at hand. A research should be carried out( Quantitative) to support the analysis in finding the opinions of the sample.

For this I chose the vehicle industry - cars

I would really appreciate if your'll could come up with problems which your'll assume as major problem that exist within the industry as a whole, could be researched in depth and make recommendations.

Thank you

So what you are interested in.. you mean specific mechanical problems or some situations in the industry as a whole?? anyway you can do a research about why toyota vehicles are so popular and why people are afraid of buying europian or German cars when they are way luxurious and while the 2nd hand price is also so low.So you could do some analysis about sri lankan people perception ,what they are afraid of??and why this happening sort of..and also why sri lankan people could sell their 16-20 year old vehicles at a price more than they brought it ,make recommendation to the industry as well.Hope that helps

Aren't you supposed to figure what to write by yourself? since it's YOU who is actually writing the paper. If you have trouble figuring things out you should see your instructor.

Has the quality of education in these mushroom universities depleted so badly, that students need to go on a internet forum to get help picking a topic to write about? Of all things, this is a dissertation for your MBA. At this up the education ladder, I would think you would be smart enough to not go to an automotive forum and ask incoherent questions about the topic you should write on for your dissertation.

I hope you aren't writing this paper in English since you do have issues using a spell check. "Your'll" is not a word. It's 'You'll', which is short for 'you will'.

Edited by jdnet

Also great job on picking such a narrow topic, "Cars."

I do agree there is nothing much in depth to analyze.all of are common that people are well known of these issues.I personaly think MBA level research does deserve a more throughout analyzable topic.

I do agree there is nothing much in depth to analyze.all of are common that people are well known of these issues.I personaly think MBA level research does deserve a more throughout analyzable topic.

I don't think you quite got my sarcasm....

Cars, is a pretty wide topic to be writing a paper on. If he was smart he would have taken one specific problem that can be researched locally. When writing a paper you really need to narrow down the topic.

Cars, can be anything.

You have to be specific like;

The chemicals released during the process of painting cars and it's affect on the environment.

The negative effects on the environment caused by oil leaking from engines and the monetary loss created by it.

Edited by jdnet

So what you are interested in.. you mean specific mechanical problems or some situations in the industry as a whole?? anyway you can do a research about why toyota vehicles are so popular and why people are afraid of buying europian or German cars when they are way luxurious and while the 2nd hand price is also so low.So you could do some analysis about sri lankan people perception ,what they are afraid of??and why this happening sort of..and also why sri lankan people could sell their 16-20 year old vehicles at a price more than they brought it ,make recommendation to the industry as well.Hope that helps

Nothing related to mechanical. Problems faced in importing, reselling, tax hikes, anything related to vehicle industry. It's suppose to be specific like cars or could give a range such as vehicles under the capacity of 2500cc draw a confined area to research on since vehicle industry per se would be too large to be researched within a constrained time period. Again this would depend on the problem. The reach could be extended for a problem like a discussion on the present tax issue at hand.

Seriously dude, if u r writing a paper on public policy analysis or taxation or economics, this would make a good topic. But for an MBA dissertation, the 'problems' faced by sri lankan automobile salesmen are all caused by the tax system. U wont have anything much to analyze here as an MBA student.

Nothing related to mechanical. Problems faced in importing, reselling, tax hikes, anything related to vehicle industry. It's suppose to be specific like cars or could give a range such as vehicles under the capacity of 2500cc draw a confined area to research on since vehicle industry per se would be too large to be researched within a constrained time period. Again this would depend on the problem. The reach could be extended for a problem like a discussion on the present tax issue at hand.

Bro you gotta have a choice.What you think you can go in deep and understand for yourself. finally you'll be the one who doing the analysis.Yes we got taxation issues,environment problems.The biggest problem caused by these tax issues.we are buying cars at a 3x by real value of the car.All of the other problems are linked to it.If the taxation was low middle to low class people could buy emmition low new vehicles without driving 20 year old cars.You select a area in cars what is best for you to understand so we can discuss in depth

Edited by GayanR

1- You know the problem in importing cars. its expensive because of taxes. Its not like anyone ever had a problem importing vehicles because there's a fire breathing dragon that eats all the car carrier ships heading to Sri Lanka. Geez!

2- And when the others said be specific they didnt mean narrow down on one engine capacity. 2500cc or 3000cc; does it make a difference? While you're at it why dont you narrow it down to a 2500cc YOM 2010 red car.

Either you're getting your 'MBA' in the post or you don't attend classes or your lecturers suck balls. good teachers dont just hang you out to dry with no clue on how to chose a topic or where to get ideas.

Ya'll better stop hatin' tha' poor kid!... :)

He is just reflecting the quality of this MBA, y'know!

and if all he came up with is 'cars' for his dissertation, one can only imagine the quality of this MBA.

Ya'll know what I mean... :)

No offense to the OP.

Machang, why dont you do your dissertation on the very visible transport problem in Sri Lanka. Why cars are in high demand in a country like Sri Lanka, the infrastructure or the lack thereof, the middlemen's roles, the gfovernments role, the troubles faced by the geberal public, importers, end users, etc etc... then you can get a broader idea of all these importation, taxes and all that stuff.

Just saying'... y'know. :)

Ya'll better stop hatin' tha' poor kid!... :)

He is just reflecting the quality of this MBA, y'know!

and if all he came up with is 'cars' for his dissertation, one can only imagine the quality of this MBA.

Here's hoping he doesn't try to get a doctorate and get a teaching job. Your'll know the value of his education...

Ram, seems that you are just starting out of your MBA project. It's quite normal at this stage to thrash about a bit looking to get a handle on a decent research topic that will be useful to your MBA progression, will be enjoyable for you to carry-through, and will have potential to be show-cased to employers after the MBA is gained.

You've already pointed to an intended quantitative approach to your research, hard data is going to underpin your dissertation. You are going to be looking at using questionnaires, interviews, focus group and available data from published sources. Your questions - because of the quantitative approach - are going to be narrow and targeted. And that sort of approach tends to drag you away from "cars" in a SL context where the car pool - and it's owners - is skewed out for a whole series of reasons; reasons that are likely to be better investigated through a qualitative research methodology.

BUT, staying with things with wheels, the quantitative approach does suit investigation of issues of public transport systems, useage and choices, and can couple well with forecasts and recommendations to come out of your research. So, maybe, have a think about what's happening locally in the public transport arena? Heaps of problems/people to talk to/people who are interested in initatives and ideas.

Ram, whatever you do decide on as a topic, just make sure it really interests you. If you do, you will find the dissertation a breeze. Good luck with the project, mate..