• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

About Types Of Carburators

hrm

Hi All,

Just want to know the types of carburators available in Jap vehicles in SL context. What is the most popular one? pros and cons. My Lancer(1994) has a S type carb as my mech said (is it the SU type?). Please let me know some manitenance tips to keep it in good condition.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hrm

Hi All,

Just want to know the types of carburators available in Jap vehicles in SL context. What is the most popular one? pros and cons. My Lancer(1994) has a S type carb as my mech said (is it the SU type?). Please let me know some manitenance tips to keep it in good condition.

Thanks in advance.

Get the carb serviced annually, use the genuine repair kit when necessary and keep it free of carbon build up and rust (aluminium oxide).

Get the carb serviced annually, use the genuine repair kit when necessary and keep it free of carbon build up and rust (aluminium oxide).

Thanks Don. Is there anything special regarding SU type among other types of carbs?

Thanks Don. Is there anything special regarding SU type among other types of carbs?

No, I think its the most common type found. Only thing to note is some cars have so called Electronic carburettors so if your car has one whoever services it will need to be competent in them. They vary in sophistication and I had a fairly simple system in my old Mazda.

• Like 1