• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2012 Ford Focus Titanium

Shanjeev

if it's a 1.4 petrol. I'd say it's good to go. i've tried a ford fiesta 1.4. which does nearly 22kmpl.

'soulja',

The vehicle that you have mentioned on your post Ford Fiesta, 1.4 according to you it does 22 KMP/L it is correct figures.

Did you do the test on Colombo running or on out of Colombo running.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'soulja',

The vehicle that you have mentioned on your post Ford Fiesta, 1.4 according to you it does 22 KMP/L it is correct figures.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi,

According to your post you state that the previous poster is correct and you want to know if the test was done in Colombo, or out of Colombo.

• Like 2

if it's a 1.4 petrol. I'd say it's good to go. i've tried a ford fiesta 1.4. which does nearly 22kmpl.

Focus doesn't have a 1.4L engine. Fiesta sedan reminds me of the Swift Dzire. But share your opinions about it. Can be pretty useful.

Edited by Shanjeev

He's not the one who tested it, he is the guy asking about the car :rolleyes:

'Pericles',

Yes by mistake I had posted a quote to AL member 'shanjeev' on my post.

I would like to know from AL forum member 'soulja'. Did he really get,22km/l.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Pericles',

Yes by mistake I had posted a quote to AL member 'shanjeev' on my post.

I would like to know from AL forum member 'soulja'. Did he really get,22km/l.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Machang bro sylvi,

Let it go machang. I'm a pretty sure that the guy is bluffing or achieved that driving on some express-way overseas...Your omni is da bomb! No other vehicle of modern times can be as awesome as that!

'soulja',

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Out of Colombo. But city running i got roughly around 15 - 16. It was an English Ford. Seriously if your talking about fuel economical petrol car, the English Ford is the ONE!!!

Edited by soulja

Machang bro sylvi,

Let it go machang. I'm a pretty sure that the guy is bluffing or achieved that driving on some express-way overseas...Your omni is da bomb! No other vehicle of modern times can be as awesome as that!

Machan! why would I need to bluff, when I've experienced it. If you really want me to prove it, I can get it for a test drive and then you will know what i'm talking about. At first I myself was shocked, but later understood the Ford Technology :)

Ok, let me put it this way, pumped fuel full tank for LKR 5400 (excluding reserve) left Dehiwala and head to Hambantota Port and back to Dehiwala with half tank remaining. How would you explain that??? Seriously the Ford Fiesta is ALIEN to me :speechless-smiley-003:

Edited by soulja

Machan! why would I need to bluff, when I've experienced it. If you really want me to prove it, I can get it for a test drive and then you will know what i'm talking about. At first I myself was shocked, but later understood the Ford Technology :)

Ok, let me put it this way, pumped fuel full tank for LKR 5400 (excluding reserve) left Dehiwala and head to Hambantota Port and back to Dehiwala with half tank remaining. How would you explain that??? Seriously the Ford Fiesta is ALIEN to me :speechless-smiley-003:

Jeez clearly your figure is not accurate. How do you know how accurate your "half tank remaining" is?? You've been on AL long enough to know the accurate way of calculating fuel efficiency.

Watchman are you by chance in Sri Lanka?

Let's say i'm a guy of many nations :)

edit: why? are you gonna loan me your car for a week to do this 'test'?

Edited by Watchman

'soulja',

Sir please do not misunderstand the method you say for a fuel test is not correct. You should have filled the tank after the Hambanthota port run at the end of the trip, refilled the tank to full and get the reading of number of kilometers done divided the number of liters consumed for the trip.

You are assuming that your 1.4L engine. Fiesta sedan had done nearly 22kmpl.That figure is impossible for a 1.4L engine.

I use a Mauti Omni van this has only 3 Cylinders. It is less than 800cc engine. I keep all records of fuel from the day one. never got more than 16.94 for a liter.That was because only 4 passengers. The person who drove never drove more than 50 Kilometers on the drive. Left Colombo 4AM and returned to Colombo in the late night the traffic was minimum going out of Colombo and returning to Colombo.

I have used number of times on EO1 highway my vehicle I top up the tank before leaving Colombo driving top speed of 100 Kilometers at times. After coming back I top up again. At high speeds I get only 13 kilometers for a liter on long runs.

Please do a Petrol consumption test again by top up and at the end of the run top up again.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thank you Soulja and Sylvi for ruining a perfectly good topic.

@Shanjeev

I own a Ford Focus 2011 (B/N imported). It's a previous generation car (not the one that you have posted). I have used it for a year and got 10000 on the clock. I have the one with highest options. About 50 of those came to Sri Lanka from Spain when Softlogic launched Focus. My experience is based on that car. However, I also managed to do a test run on the 2012 one (the one which you have posted). Here are my views:

The Good:

It's really value for the money that you pay. As a comparison, it came below the price of an Allion :sad-smiley-066:. For permit holders, the price was less than that of a 141/Axio.

Being a Euro, safety features are much higher than an average Jap.

Very good handling

Very good ground clearance (Brand new imported ones to Sri Lanka, are manufactured for 'extreme conditions'). Usually comes with 16 or 17 inch wheels and stands much taller than many of the cars in the market

No fancy stuff like EPS or millions of sensors that you see in other Euros. Believe me, they become a pain once the car gets older.

Leather interior appears to be more durable than other cars (applicable for ones with leather seats)

Some parts still match with Mazdas (Duratec engine is a Mazda design)

eBay is a good source for spares

Pretty good warranty (4 years/40000km right?)

In theory, Duratec engines need oil changes every 20000km under normal conditions and every 10000km under extreme conditions (this one is up to the user)

The Bad:

1.6Ltr engine is underpowered. It's sluggish on pick-up.

Suspension is a bit stiff (Cars supplied for Sri Lanka are made for extreme conditions)

The one with leather seats are a bit uncomfortable than the fabric ones

Should only run on 95-Octane

Duratec engine is noisy. Sounds like a diesel car.

Power steering is stiff

(The last two points are common for many Euro Fords. I have also used a Mondeo so I know it's not a fault)

The Ugly:

They have sourced brake pads from El Cheapo and company. From the day I got the car and until now, brake pads generate dust.

If you get a one with 17" low profile tires (as I did), expect to spend a lot when you have to replace tires.

Avoid the agents' service centre. They just don't know how to service a Euro. For example, they washed the engine of my car with the HP washer and it started acting funny. I had to take a day off and clean the plugs, sensors etc., myself after the service.

Also avoid any advice given by the agents (they will tell you to pump Octane 90, for example) There's plenty of literature on the internet. Ford Focus are common as houseflies in Europe.

Fuel: My one does ~450km on a full tank of petrol. That's about 9 to the litre if driven gently.

And here's what I noticed with the 2012 version:

The center console looks hideous. Gives a cramped feeling inside (-)

Music system is sourced from Sony and it's far better than what I have (+)

Nice aerodynamic design compared to the boxy design of the earlier model (+)

I wish it retained the grille of the 2011 model. I personally like it better than the new one

Boot is big but entry point is very small so U won't be able to fit in a big box or a suitcase (-)

Interior is similar to the 2011 one (Why on earth can't they get beige interior?)

Driving experience is same as the 2011 one. Engine is also same (assuming you are talking about 1.6ltr engine)

The Bottom Line:

Let me put it this way, if someday in the future if I am to go for another new car, it will be a Focus.

PS. A Ford Fiesta will NEVER give 22km/l. It will do a maximum of 12. The only way to get 22km/l from a Fiesta is to get soulja to push it half way.

PPS. @Soulja - when you say it's an 'English Ford', I assume you are talking about the FORD badge written in English :) 'cos the model you have posted, was never assembled in England. Fiesta came to Sri Lanka from Thailand and in Europe, it was assembled in Spain and Germany.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2

Thank you Soulja and Sylvi for ruining a perfectly good topic.

@Shanjeev

I own a Ford Focus 2011 (B/N imported). It's a previous generation car (not the one that you have posted). I have used it for a year and got 10000 on the clock. I have the one with highest options. About 50 of those came to Sri Lanka from Spain when Softlogic launched Focus. My experience is based on that car. However, I also managed to do a test run on the 2012 one (the one which you have posted). Here are my views:

The Good:

It's really value for the money that you pay. As a comparison, it came below the price of an Allion :sad-smiley-066:. For permit holders, the price was less than that of a 141/Axio.

Being a Euro, safety features are much higher than an average Jap.

Very good handling

Very good ground clearance (Brand new imported ones to Sri Lanka, are manufactured for 'extreme conditions'). Usually comes with 16 or 17 inch wheels and stands much taller than many of the cars in the market

No fancy stuff like EPS or millions of sensors that you see in other Euros. Believe me, they become a pain once the car gets older.

Leather interior appears to be more durable than other cars (applicable for ones with leather seats)

Some parts still match with Mazdas (Duratec engine is a Mazda design)

eBay is a good source for spares

Pretty good warranty (4 years/40000km right?)

In theory, Duratec engines need oil changes every 20000km under normal conditions and every 10000km under extreme conditions (this one is up to the user)

The Bad:

1.6Ltr engine is underpowered. It's sluggish on pick-up.

Suspension is a bit stiff (Cars supplied for Sri Lanka are made for extreme conditions)

The one with leather seats are a bit uncomfortable than the fabric ones

Should only run on 95-Octane

Duratec engine is noisy. Sounds like a diesel car.

Power steering is stiff

(The last two points are common for many Euro Fords. I have also used a Mondeo so I know it's not a fault)

The Ugly:

They have sourced brake pads from El Cheapo and company. From the day I got the car and until now, brake pads generate dust.

If you get a one with 17" low profile tires (as I did), expect to spend a lot when you have to replace tires.

Avoid the agents' service centre. They just don't know how to service a Euro. For example, they washed the engine of my car with the HP washer and it started acting funny. I had to take a day off and clean the plugs, sensors etc., myself after the service.

Also avoid any advice given by the agents (they will tell you to pump Octane 90, for example) There's plenty of literature on the internet. Ford Focus are common as houseflies in Europe.

Fuel: My one does ~450km on a full tank of petrol. That's about 9 to the litre if driven gently.

And here's what I noticed with the 2012 version:

The center console looks hideous. Gives a cramped feeling inside (-)

Music system is sourced from Sony and it's far better than what I have (+)

Nice aerodynamic design compared to the boxy design of the earlier model (+)

I wish it retained the grille of the 2011 model. I personally like it better than the new one

Boot is big but entry point is very small so U won't be able to fit in a big box or a suitcase (-)

Interior is similar to the 2011 one (Why on earth can't they get beige interior?)

Driving experience is same as the 2011 one. Engine is also same (assuming you are talking about 1.6ltr engine)

The Bottom Line:

Let me put it this way, if someday in the future if I am to go for another new car, it will be a Focus.

PS. A Ford Fiesta will NEVER give 22km/l. It will do a maximum of 12. The only way to get 22km/l from a Fiesta is to get soulja to push it half way.

PPS. @Soulja - when you say it's an 'English Ford', I assume you are talking about the FORD badge written in English :) 'cos the model you have posted, was never assembled in England. Fiesta came to Sri Lanka from Thailand and in Europe, it was assembled in Spain and Germany.

Thank you Crosswind. I think they will improve in the next focus model.