• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fixing Window Sash Scratch

GoDDy

Question

Guys, I need your help...

While I was washing my car, I scratched the side window sash(the black plastic piece) accidently by sandpaper. That's right sandpaper. Don't ask how it happened, but it did :sad-smiley-050:

I have highlighted the exact area I'm talking about. The pic is not mine but that's the car I have;Toyota Vitz 2012.

post-51535-0-06780300-1344195828_thumb.j

Now there is a white patch in that area. Just like it would look when you scratch plastic. It's not a deep scratch but under sunlight it's visible and looks unattractive because of the black colour. I'm not sure whether that piece can be detached easily or it needs removing the door screws to take it apart.

So, how should I get this fixed?

Will spraying black paint over it do?

Or do they sell this part separately so I can replace it?

Please help...

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Hey Goddy! nothing to worry about, these things do happen accidentally. You've got 2 options. Either spray coat matt black over both papers or simply replacing it(sticker shops), if you have any plans on replacing them, i'd recommend you to get the carbon fiber effect. There you go :) got plans of replacing. hit down to in^ate gra5hic$ at saranankara road. where the job is done perfectly.

You can try rubbing the whole part/area with braso or some rubbing compound... it might help even it out...

Personally I think a carbon fiber sticker would look pretty cool, and fairly discrete. That would be my choice. I did that to faded/scratched side panels of my motorcycle.

While I was washing my car, I scratched the side window sash(the black plastic piece) accidently by sandpaper. That's right sandpaper. Don't ask how it happened, but it did :sad-smiley-050:

I have highlighted the exact area I'm talking about. The pic is not mine but that's the car I have;Toyota Vitz 2012.

Now there is a white patch in that area. Just like it would look when you scratch plastic. It's not a deep scratch but under sunlight it's visible and looks unattractive because of the black colour. I'm not sure whether that piece can be detached easily or it needs removing the door screws to take it apart.

Please help...

Thanks

Well If I where You I wouldn't try to scratch off small paint marks on it with sand paper that fell on it when painting the garage :D

It may be a paint like in the Swift or a sticker like in the Santafe,

If it's paint get it resprayed and if it's a sticker go to a sticker shop,

But I would keep it original If i were you.

Please help...

Thanks

'GoDDy',

I checked with my painter he informs me that Black mat paint with labor, complete job 2 hours cost will be about Rupees 1000/00.

Any garage who do painting will do this.Or you can try black trim restorer as 'Terrabytetango' suggested. Don't use any other polishing compounds.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I would like to first try the trim restorer and see how it looks before trying anything else. I want it to look as close as the original. I don't want to paste any stickers making it look fancy. But I agree that the carbon fibre sticker would look pretty cool.

terrabytetango & Sylvi, where can I get this black trim restorer? What's the brand?

Edited by GoDDy