• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Motor Insuarance

Niroshan.liyanage

1. In the first year i did not claimed any thing so it was the case which i received no claim bonus

2. In feb 2012,first time rear buffer was damaged then it was informed to the hotline and we were asked to wait till the rep to come after about 1/2 hrs time a reprasantative came and noted down the incident and we were asked to go to a gurage obtain an estimate and fax it to an engineear in the head office.so we did it and got his approval after few reminders(some time the telephone call gets cut off while transfering which i had my telephone bill also effected)after the repair is done again we were asked to take the vehicle at the head office to do the ARI where there is hardly any space to park the vehicle and the security also not polite . Again sat for 1 hour due to lack of staff ,somehow handed over the doc and they took numbers again to callback but they never callback .only i had to call more than 20-30 times. After few days we were asksd to come but the payment was not ready,that was happend two times finally the leasing company got involve and after two weeks time we got the payment .claimed amount less than 10.000/- but we spent more than that to get the matter expidite.and broke the rapo with the gurageowner

3.Same buffer was knocked again and had to pass the same sequance of incidents but this time the payment was cut down stating that we have underinsuard.This vehicle estimated by the leasing company at the begining of the year we obtain the insurance certificate acordingly .but what they say the currant value is high thereby we have underinsuared.eventhough we had few problums in the first claim they never said this was undervalued,the price would have gone up later with the new car price gone up due to increasement of the tax which we can not expect at the begining of the year thereby we feel continental insuarance acted non proffesonal manner in which we cannot rec it to anybody

1. In the first year i did not claimed any thing so it was the case which i received no claim bonus

2. In feb 2012,first time rear buffer was damaged then it was informed to the hotline and we were asked to wait till the rep to come after about 1/2 hrs time a reprasantative came and noted down the incident and we were asked to go to a gurage obtain an estimate and fax it to an engineear in the head office.so we did it and got his approval after few reminders(some time the telephone call gets cut off while transfering which i had my telephone bill also effected)after the repair is done again we were asked to take the vehicle at the head office to do the ARI where there is hardly any space to park the vehicle and the security also not polite . Again sat for 1 hour due to lack of staff ,somehow handed over the doc and they took numbers again to callback but they never callback .only i had to call more than 20-30 times. After few days we were asksd to come but the payment was not ready,that was happend two times finally the leasing company got involve and after two weeks time we got the payment .claimed amount less than 10.000/- but we spent more than that to get the matter expidite.and broke the rapo with the gurageowner

3.Same buffer was knocked again and had to pass the same sequance of incidents but this time the payment was cut down stating that we have underinsuard.This vehicle estimated by the leasing company at the begining of the year we obtain the insurance certificate acordingly .but what they say the currant value is high thereby we have underinsuared.eventhough we had few problums in the first claim they never said this was undervalued,the price would have gone up later with the new car price gone up due to increasement of the tax which we can not expect at the begining of the year thereby we feel continental insuarance acted non proffesonal manner in which we cannot rec it to anybody

So which insurance company do you work for?

Also, you are whining about the security not being polite? How about you try to act like a man for a change?

So which insurance company do you work for?

Also, you are whining about the security not being polite? How about you try to act like a man for a change?

Well.. I too have a bad experience with Continental Insurance, and also one of my friend too. Their premium is lesser than any other but also the service. Actually you will get the service you paid for.

My rear windshield got shattered and they gave only 30%, and that is after like thousands of phone calls and visits to their head office. I'm not recommending it to any one, though they offer packages for lesser price.

Most (if not all) insurance companies are the same when it comes to claims. But if you have a friend or know the agent handling your vehicle, story will be a little different. It will help a bit more if you could do the repair in one of their authorized garages.

I have my vehicles insured with three different insurance companies and frankly I do not see that much of a difference between them.

Most (if not all) insurance companies are the same when it comes to claims. But if you have a friend or know the agent handling your vehicle, story will be a little different. It will help a bit more if you could do the repair in one of their authorized garages.

I have my vehicles insured with three different insurance companies and frankly I do not see that much of a difference between them.

You know they charge on owners account because of the depreciation of the vehicle, But I dont think it should apply for windshields (since we cannot find second hand windshields). That was my point there so I managed to get it atleast under 35%. Even Stafford Motors told me it is nonsense, because all the Insurance companies pay full for Windshields. (Actually they are the people who showed me that point and asked me talk with them about that)

You know they charge on owners account because of the depreciation of the vehicle, But I dont think it should apply for windshields (since we cannot find second hand windshields). That was my point there so I managed to get it atleast under 35%. Even Stafford Motors told me it is nonsense, because all the Insurance companies pay full for Windshields. (Actually they are the people who showed me that point and asked me talk with them about that)

'kushan',

There is a special insurance cover for W/S. If you pay the premium than you will get the cost including fitting charges.

Normal charge is 10% value of the W/S. It is always better to file with the new policy a Quotation for new W/S from the agents.

Some insurance companies pay for small damages by stone chips and scratches if it is done by a Maniac when you park on unknown parking places.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Honestly, This is the first time I heard that theres a separate cover for the Windshields, If I have known before, I could have purchased one. Anyway they didnt tell me about this separate cover for Windshields. They just said since the vehicle is older than 10 years its the procedure. From their point it is because of the depreciation cost, but how can we find second hand Windshield..? Thats why they finally agreed to pay 35%.

Honestly, This is the first time I heard that theres a separate cover for the Windshields, If I have known before, I could have purchased one. Anyway they didnt tell me about this separate cover for Windshields. They just said since the vehicle is older than 10 years its the procedure. From their point it is because of the depreciation cost, but how can we find second hand Windshield..? Thats why they finally agreed to pay 35%.

Actually purpose of having a seperate insurance cover for windsheild is When you claim you will not loose the no claim bonus .

Edited by jaga

Please post it, Myself and friend of mine is waiting to like that page :D

Their premiums are very cheap when comparing with others, That is the main reason, you have to understand that may comes with a cheap service too.. I have been insured my vehicle for 2.3M and the premium was around 34K. But actually you will get the service what you have paid for.

Edited by kushan

'kushan',

There is a special insurance cover for W/S. If you pay the premium than you will get the cost including fitting charges.

Normal charge is 10% value of the W/S. It is always better to file with the new policy a Quotation for new W/S from the agents.

Some insurance companies pay for small damages by stone chips and scratches if it is done by a Maniac when you park on unknown parking places.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Actually purpose of having a seperate insurance cover for windsheild is When you claim you will not loose the no claim bonus .

Called my insurace agent from S r i L a n k a I n s u r a n c e, According to him they are paying fully for Windshield and paying 50% for adhesives for the windshield in normal insurace. and also they have a separate special insurance cover for the vehicle comes with huge windshields (Like in Tourism buses) where the Windshield costs around 1M, and also other vehicles can too purchase this cover, but that only covers if the windshield got crack or shatter without any impact (which means, he said sometimes windshields get crack for no reason).

In Normal Insurances which we all having, covers the Windshield cost for 100%, and adhesives for windshield up to 50%. (S r i L a n k a I n s u r a n c e),

But if it got crack for no reason (without any outside impact) in normal insurance policies they are not paying full for the Windshield, In that case you have to purchase the special coverage for Windshield.

In Continental Insurance its only some portion depends how old is the vehicle, like in my case it was 35% they paid for Windshield, and that was like after thousands of phone calls like I said initially.

Hope this may clear the doubts with claiming for Windshields, I advice no one to go for Continental.

Edited by kushan

Kushan,

Make a complain to http://www.insuranceombudsman.lk

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Thanks for sharing the link Sylvi, I dont wanna push this so far, Have given up on that already, Its been nearly one year, Now im going with S r i L a n k a I n s u r a n c e, thougth their premiums are high, Its good now I know atleast some where I can report these kind of incidents. :)

kushan,

As I do a Automobile service related to your problem, the best Insurance company so far I have come across when claims are concern is Celinco Insurance.

I am not advertising this is purely sharing my experience.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

kushan,

As I do a Automobile service related to your problem, the best Insurance company so far I have come across when claims are concern is Celinco Insurance.

I am not advertising this is purely sharing my experience.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I have heard that, but also they are the most expensive. SLI is cheaper than that I guess.

I suggest you to do a forum search on insurance before deciding on a company switch.

Also the premiums will depend on the options you wish to have. Usually the agent will assess your requirements depending on the circumstances. Chances are, if the agent thinks that you are willing to do a comprehensive cover, he will give you a comprehensive cover with a high premium. When you bargain, they will give you a lesser premium cutting down on options.

It's really really important to read the fine print.

I purchased the policy (Full option) from Asian Aliance and at the point They gave only the insurance card, But no copy of agreement policy,

Isthis normal to all companies ?

For some yes it is, But only if you insist they issues. (SLI also not issuing copy of agreement, But issues when insisted one.)

Edited by kushan

I purchased the policy (Full option) from Asian Aliance and at the point They gave only the insurance card, But no copy of agreement policy,

Isthis normal to all companies ?

Asian alliance is a very decent company AFIK . I had policies with them for 03 years and had 02 accidents and the values over 150000 Rs in both the cases and payed me in a very reasonable way.I just changed to SLI because of a coporate package.