• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion Or Corolla Or Civic

manoj123

Question

Hi all,

I need your advice on buying a car between 3.5 Mn to 4.0 Mn. i am thinking of several options

1. Allion

2. 141 - Diesel

3. Honda Civic

My concern is less maintenance cost, fuel efficiency and the second hand market value. Can any one advice on this and let me know which models should i select in terms of above.

Before i thought of buying a hybrid vehicle and based on my budget i realsed that i can not get a latest hybrid model and if i buy a used hybrid probebly i can get 2008-2009 YOM vehicles but i think i will have to face for a huge maintenace cost with in another 2 or 3 years.

Please advice on this...

I,ve heard fuel efficiency of civic is less than other two cars that you have mentioned.I think you should think about allion.It will suit to your budget. :) :)....I think 141 diesal car may have a value over 4 mil.

Thanks for your advice.

How about the maintenace cost and resale value of Corolla 141 diesel car. Average fuel consumption also...

Edited by manoj123

Thanks for your advice.

How about the maintenace cost and resale value of Corolla 141 diesel car. Average fuel consumption also...

i thought abt 141 2011 model(not the axio).u r talkng abt the one which was made in 2007 rit?i'm nt vry much sure abt fuel cnsmption.bt i've hrd it ds abt 10.nt sure pal...gud luck with finding ur new car.. :) hp u will gt the bttr one :) (Y)..i thnk toyota has a sm sort of gud resale value if u use ur vhcl carefully :)

Edited by Dinus
  • Like 1

i thought abt 141 2011 model(not the axio).u r talkng abt the one which was made in 2007 rit?i'm nt vry much sure abt fuel cnsmption.bt i've hrd it ds abt 10.nt sure pal...gud luck with finding ur new car.. :) hp u will gt the bttr one :) (Y)..i thnk toyota has a sm sort of gud resale value if u use ur vhcl carefully :)

Tnx for the comment. Yes i was reffering to 141 YOM 2007. I realised that Allion is the best option.

Can any one comment on diffence in 260 model???

Tnx for the comment. Yes i was reffering to 141 YOM 2007. I realised that Allion is the best option.

Can any one comment on diffence in 260 model???

don't understand what do you ask.

But i can say this.

Members here are not such big fans of allion,you can ask the regular godayas who uses those crap buckets.any garage man will give you pros.yes it has good resale value, Mudalali look as you drive, disgusting road noise , cheap looking interior , but good fuel milage, and most importantly The TOYOTA Badge.

Since you asked about 141D?

It has all above good and bad ,

and if i remember correctly , it has got ancient 2C engine , (which has been in 1980s) .

In corolla, town ace , lite ace, camry, corona, caldina.

It's simple engine with lot of vibration for 2007 car.

Fuel economy will be around 10.

• Like 1

Don't worry about 2C engine. city driving it will do 12kml with AC and 17kmpl outstation with AC if Manual gear one. i can sure that.

Don't worry about 2c engine? He's not buying a townace you idiot. He's buying a 2007 or newer car. Having an engine that would make the car sound like a tata lorry is something to be worried about.

• Like 4

don't understand what do you ask.

But i can say this.

Members here are not such big fans of allion,you can ask the regular godayas who uses those crap buckets.any garage man will give you pros.yes it has good resale value, Mudalali look as you drive, disgusting road noise , cheap looking interior , but good fuel milage, and most importantly The TOYOTA Badge.

Since you asked about 141D?

It has all above good and bad ,

and if i remember correctly , it has got ancient 2C engine , (which has been in 1980s) .

In corolla, town ace , lite ace, camry, corona, caldina.

It's simple engine with lot of vibration for 2007 car.

Fuel economy will be around 10.

Dear Chan5

I understand that members here do not talk positive about aillion or toyota trend cars.

What you would suggest for those who are whin that budget

Pls note this is for everybody's knowledge including me....

• Like 1

it's all depend on your priorities ,

so list down the priorities in decending order .

And if you've already decided your mind on few cars list them too.

And please note you can't have all in one car. Fuel, looks, comfort , resale , handling , easy maintenances,

within your bracket people can make more than 25 suggestions.

So marrow down your mind brother.

But for your current requirements car with a toyota badge is the only option.

Dear Chan5

I understand that members here do not talk positive about aillion or toyota trend cars.

What you would suggest for those who are whin that budget

Pls note this is for everybody's knowledge including me....

And please note you can't have all in one car. Fuel, looks, comfort , resale , handling , easy maintenances,

So marrow down and fix your mind brother.

If you ask suggestions.,

if it's my money ..

(i'm a heavy runner so i prefer diesels too).

1-PEUGEOT 407 HDI.

2-BMW 320D (E46)

3-AUDI A6 -2002-2005

4-HONDA CIVIC FD1-2

5-MAZDA Axella/3

it's your money your car.

Edited by chan5

Don't worry about 2c engine? He's not buying a townace you idiot. He's buying a 2007 or newer car. Having an engine that would make the car sound like a tata lorry is something to be worried about.

have you driven Diesel 141? at east have you seen Diesel 141?

Thanks for your advice.

You have to have a test drive on 141D. yes it comes with 2C engine. but 2C engine is not so generate more vibration. if properly maintain the engine (proper oil, proper filters, on time tuneups, tappet adjustments etc) this 2C run just like petrol engine. also if you maintain it properly 2C engine can run around 400,000km without engine repair. i think this 2C engine is very economical.

for other guys ---- if you are telling this 2C engine generate more vibration you check im sure that engine have run more than 250,000/-km and no have done tappet adjustments and proper calibration of diesel injection pump after service. also another tip- if u want to reduce vibration of 2C old engine just replace the 2C flywheel with 3C flywheel

You have to have a test drive on 141D. yes it comes with 2C engine. but 2C engine is not so generate more vibration. if properly maintain the engine (proper oil, proper filters, on time tuneups, tappet adjustments etc) this 2C run just like petrol engine. also if you maintain it properly 2C engine can run around 400,000km without engine repair. i think this 2C engine is very economical.

for other guys ---- if you are telling this 2C engine generate more vibration you check im sure that engine have run more than 250,000/-km and no have done tappet adjustments and proper calibration of diesel injection pump after service. also another tip- if u want to reduce vibration of 2C old engine just replace the 2C flywheel with 3C flywheel

Umm... Asking since I don't know, I have no experience with this engine, but if the engine is as smooth as a petrol engine, why would you be chucking in another flywheel to reduce vibration?

So marrow down and fix your mind brother.

If you ask suggestions.,

if it's my money ..

(i'm a heavy runner so i prefer diesels too).

1-PEUGEOT 407 HDI.

2-BMW 320D (E46)

3-AUDI A6 -2002-2005

4-HONDA CIVIC FD1-2

5-MAZDA Axella/3

it's your money your car.

What about the special features with Honda Civic FD1-2????

Don't worry about 2C engine. city driving it will do 12kml with AC and 17kmpl outstation with AC if Manual gear one. i can sure that.

I too got to know from a friend that diesel, manual 141 had given them amazingly good km/l results in an outstation tour he participated.

Umm... Asking since I don't know, I have no experience with this engine, but if the engine is as smooth as a petrol engine, why would you be chucking in another flywheel to reduce vibration?

2C engine when become old you have to do proper adjesments on tappets, injectors and injection pump etc. here most ppl can't do it properly. so when run the engine, 4 pistons compression, fuel injection, fire etc. r not equal, so engine generate vibration. if the flywheel bit heavy this unbalance can balance some. so can control vibration