• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

About Import Vehical Parts To Srilanka

imalone

Hi dear Friends,

I have to know, Can i import vehical parts to Srilanka without any permission ? .I prefer to import some parts,which is given below,

Cars and Vans lights,Doors,dashboard,seats and engine.

Can i import above the parts ?

Please reply me only serious members.

Thank You.

Edited by imalone

Hi dear Friends,

I have to know, Can i import vehical parts to Srilanka without any permission ? (Through Cargo baggage ).I prefer to import some parts,which is given below,

Thank You.

'imalone',

If it is in commercial Quantities, there are formalities you have to full fill.

Yes you can import open a Letter of Credit from a bank with necessary invoices, from the agent who is going to ship them. You have to get an income tax clearance (Tin) number to clear the stuff when the shipment arrives to Colombo port. The shipment clearing will have to be handled by a clearing agent.

If it is for personal use one unit at a time small parcels can import by sending A Telegraphic Transfer (TT).It is call wire transfer in west. Or a credit card, Can import through a courier, the charges you can pay in Srilanka they will deliver to your door step courier charges will be high.

If you import by normal Air Cargo. You have to go to GPO to pay duty and clear the parcel.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi dear Friends,

I have to know, Can i import vehical parts to Srilanka without any permission ? (Through Cargo baggage ).I prefer to import some parts,which is given below,

Thank You.

You want to import doors, seats and engine through "cargo baggage"? as in air cargo?

and I'm being a 'serious member' when I ask this; are you retarded?

• Like 1

on a similar note i want to get down a windscreen washer bottle and tubing which is very cheap on ebay,if i get someone in uk to post it to me will it be an issue,do SL post open parcels and ask for Tax to be paid its a small box like the size of a small shoe box

You might have to pay duty but the cost will be negligible. Do use post because the process is a lot more straight forward than shipping though you are restricted by weight