• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla 121 A/c Problem

imalone

Hi Dear friends,

I have a corolla 121 (Face lift , 2004, G ) model car.It has a problem,Because if i switch on the a/c, first two min , i dont feel cool. only it gives hot air, then it start to cool.And another problem is when i am driving through some place, frequently a bad smell come .(i mean if i go to near to the sea, i feel Mouldivefish smell).So can u anyone pls help me to fix the problem ?

Thank You,

Sounds to me like your air flow is set to "fresh" instead of "re-circulate".

If the switch is already in the "re-circulate" position, it could be that the air direting mechanism is jammed (leaving the fresh air vent partially open) or because the spongy insulation around the vent doors are leaking fresh air into the car.

Edited by Davy

yup, if i switch on the re-circulate mode, i dont feel the bad smell.but if i switch in it for a long time, i can't breath ( i feel warmit come).So how to fix this ?

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Honestly speaking, if you feel this way when you travel in any air conditioned vehicle, then you'd better see a doctor as JD suggested as you might be suffering from asthma or something. If it happens only in your car, first check if others are also experiencing the same.

Try getting rid of any strong air fresheners you might be having in your car, and stop cleaning your interior with liquids that are strong. Some people can't stand them. If the situation persists, get your AC serviced, and inspect the ventilation duct (beneath the rear bumper in most cars) to see if it's blocked.