• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

I was just making a general comment to point out that how some brand hybrid buyers as 'economical' buyers but when some one buys an old euro car for way less they are branded as enthusiasts, petrol heads etc.

That would be coz the way less Euro car provides a much better driving experience than most new hybrids. Its not like they are buying up the Porsche hybrids, now is it? Its just the A-to-B people movers, soft on the suspension, soft on the steering, soft on the response. You can bet your bottom ruppee that no one buying a Prius put "fun driving" at the top of his/her list of priorities when selecting a car.

I won't say a person who buys a e36 is broke,

but he will be broke due to the high repair costs and low fuel economy :angry-smiley-048:

Really? How long did it take for your retarded mind to come up with that assumption? Do you know anyone with a E36? Do you know what a E36 is?

Fuel economy? A difference of a few Kms per liter will drive someone to bankruptcy? Only in the retarded world of EconoBox drivers!

I was just making a general comment to point out that how some brand hybrid buyers as 'economical' buyers but when some one buys an old euro car for way less they are branded as enthusiasts, petrol heads etc.

Understood mate :)

But i think you missed my point, my comment was aimed at the singer called "chilli". We all know how they rap about cars and bling blings and how rich a$$ they are, I find it ironic that such a person actually needs a lease even to buy an econobox :rolleyes:

Well for a fact i dont consider anyone who buys a hybrid as an economical buyer, if someone buys a Porsche or a jag hybrid that wouldnt be very economical is it ?

But what i hate about Sri Lankan hybrid buyers is that they try to rationalize the reason they bought the car was to bring out the inner tree huger in them, But we all know that they buy it cause its "Cheap + economical".

But i think you missed my point, my comment was aimed at the singer called "chilli". We all know how they rap about cars and bling blings and how rich a$$ they are, I find it ironic that such a person actually needs a lease even to buy an econobox :rolleyes:

Well for a fact i dont consider anyone who buys a hybrid as an economical buyer, if someone buys a Porsche or a jag hybrid that wouldnt be very economical is it ?

But what i hate about Sri Lankan hybrid buyers is that they try to rationalize the reason they bought the car was to bring out the inner tree huger in them, But we all know that they buy it cause its "Cheap + economical".

Guys can we start talk about Prius I start this topic to get more info & comments about Prius use in SL. BTW the "chilli" lease I know about it bc's one of my Friend done lease for him.. may be they getting lease to get rid of Income TAX.. :-)

That would be coz the way less Euro car provides a much better driving experience than most new hybrids. Its not like they are buying up the Porsche hybrids, now is it? Its just the A-to-B people movers, soft on the suspension, soft on the steering, soft on the response. You can bet your bottom ruppee that no one buying a Prius put "fun driving" at the top of his/her list of priorities when selecting a car.

Today took a ride in a friend's 301 - Pug 405. I was so impressed with its handling, the quietness, the ride and the ease at which it takes the SL roads while keeping the passengers fairly insulated in nice body hugging Recaro type seats from the road noise and ruts.

All for less than 800K..

BTW, I had to ask... and he said 9kmpl Colombo with AC... :)

1600cc , 5 speed manual.

Not bad at all.

Power Steering, windows, mirrors, Single ABag, and all the other mod cons you would find.

I still think that wasting 3-4 million + on an average car is waste of money.

Guys can we start talk about Prius I start this topic to get more info & comments about Prius use in SL. BTW the "chilli" lease I know about it bc's one of my Friend done lease for him.. may be they getting lease to get rid of Income TAX.. :-)

Maybe you should not talk about your freind's work here on a public forum.

You are breaching this singer's privacy by talking about things that are not legally privileged to us.

It's his money and its his choice.

A party known to me got fired from a bank and got black listed from ever working in a financial institution all because he was talking about a client at he R&B bar to a freind, while the client was sitting right next to him.

So be careful

If I were Chili and I see this I will take your freind to court.

Today took a ride in a friend's 301 - Pug 405. I was so impressed with its handling, the quietness, the ride and the ease at which it takes the SL roads while keeping the passengers fairly insulated in nice body hugging Recaro type seats from the road noise and ruts.

All for less than 800K..

1600cc , 5 speed manual.

Not bad at all.

Power Steering, windows, mirrors, Single ABag, and all the other mod cons you would find.

:grinning-smiley-003: 100% with you.....there's plenty of cars out there in which u can travel in style, comfort leaving you with plenty of change in ur pocket for repairs and petrol for a good few years AND you are doing the planet a massive favor....all for almost quarter of the cost of a boring Axio.....

:grinning-smiley-003: 100% with you.....there's plenty of cars out there in which u can travel in style, comfort leaving you with plenty of change in ur pocket for repairs and petrol for a good few years AND you are doing the planet a massive favor....all for almost quarter of the cost of a boring Axio.....

+1 machan, solid point.

and before all of our newly minted tree hugging hybrid fanboys jump in asking "HOW IS USING AN OLD CAR THAT DOESNT DO 35KMPL RUNNING ON UNICORN FARTS LIKE MY SHINY NEW PRIUS DOING THE PLANET A FAVOR???!!!" I'd like to clarify: By buying an older car and keeping it running for longer, we ensure that the planets waning resources are not expended to build yet another smug mobile... When you think about it, it's actually a form of recycling... and im sure you green boys have nothing against THAT right?

I won't say a person who buys a e36 is broke,

but he will be broke due to the high repair costs and low fuel economy :angry-smiley-048:

Shows how much you know..! :lol:

I have an E36.. in fact I'm looking for another. And there are many other people out there like me. We buy em cos we don't really care about fuel economy...! In comparison, to my Jap Mazda, I found that repairing and modifying the E36 was much cheaper.

So, please... think before you post.! :action-smiley-060:

All for less than 800K..

1600cc , 5 speed manual.

Not bad at all.

two thumbs up!! Should try an outstation ride and see the difference as well..

This should be a later model of 405 coz very rarely it came to SL with air bags and the options you've mentioned.

Really? How long did it take for your retarded mind to come up with that assumption? Do you know anyone with a E36? Do you know what a E36 is?

Fuel economy? A difference of a few Kms per liter will drive someone to bankruptcy? Only in the retarded world of EconoBox drivers!

Do u think that i was born yesterday the e36 was the 3 Series of the 90s

No hard feelings pls just joking

I know no one who can afford a car will get broke due to the fuel economy.

I also hate those econ-boxes,

If he really was a tree huger (in my words - Green freak) he would have bought a hybrid even before the tax reduction on them.

Yet a thinking tree huger would use his old vehicle he had.

Do u think that i was born yesterday the e36 was the 3 Series of the 90s

No hard feelings pls just joking

I know no one who can afford a car will get broke due to the fuel economy.

I also hate those econ-boxes,

Wow... that was quick googling!!!

What you guys think about this..

"Toyota Prius breaks Japan sales record in 2010"

TOKYO - TOYOTA'S Prius hybrid broke the Japanese sales record for a single car model in 2010, helped by a popular government subsidy for green vehicles, an industry group said on Tuesday.

The world's biggest automaker sold 315,669 units of the Prius in Japan last year, up 51.1 per cent from the previous year, according to the Japanese Automobile Dealers Association.

The Prius broke a 1990 sales record of 300,008 in a single year set by Toyota's popular Corolla to take its second consecutive annual crown, the association said..

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Money/Story/STIStory_622843.html

Edited by MIBSriLanka

TOKYO - TOYOTA'S Prius hybrid broke the Japanese sales record for a single car model in 2010, helped by a popular government subsidy for green vehicles, an industry group said on Tuesday.

The world's biggest automaker sold 315,669 units of the Prius in Japan last year, up 51.1 per cent from the previous year, according to the Japanese Automobile Dealers Association.

The Prius broke a 1990 sales record of 300,008 in a single year set by Toyota's popular Corolla to take its second consecutive annual crown, the association said..

Did you even READ what you posted. All the article says is that it sold a lot cos its cheap. When a single model has a price advantage over its competitors its kinda obvious that it'll sell better. Its the same reason sri lankans too are so keen on buying hybrids right now.

If the government suddenly decided that they will remove all taxes on Opel or Vauxhalls the majority will start buying them.. Does that mean its the best car? no it only means more people are buying it. Just like how the kyron and rexton became so popular in Sri Lannka.

And if i recall you too had some other ulterior motives in promoting the prius, so best is you keep your articles to yourself.

Edited by Watchman

Another Cut&Paste Expert... :D;)

Even after 100% TAX free and when you can get a 2008 Model for 2.4 Mill it not get popular yet in SL..

This car might be cheap but I do not see a point going for this car in this early.

See toyota Lanka still does not support this car (No services)

We can not repair this car on a local garage.

even if somebody will provide services in near future the cost will be really high.

There will be only few people who will import latest models (2010 and 2010 < ).And older models are not stable like latest models.

One of my dads friend imported pirus before the tax reduction and its battery was dead and there were some problems also.So he tried to repair the car but could not get the car into better shape.Still car in garage and he loose all his investment on this car.

This car might be cheap but I do not see a point going for this car in this early.

See toyota Lanka still does not support this car (No services)

We can not repair this car on a local garage.

even if somebody will provide services in near future the cost will be really high.

There will be only few people who will import latest models (2010 and 2010 < ).And older models are not stable like latest models.

One of my dads friend imported pirus before the tax reduction and its battery was dead and there were some problems also.So he tried to repair the car but could not get the car into better shape.Still car in garage and he loose all his investment on this car.

What's his car model? 10,20 or 30?

What kind of problems did he have?except battery prob