• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

You know whats funny? Cars in SL and Toyota's in particular sell with two main points in mind. Fuel consumption and resale. Thats mentality. What will happen to all these eager beavers who want to bring down hybrids when they discover that aging batteries makes the car more difficult to sell and brings the value down? Specially if they have gone and paid a premium for used cars in the first place by trying to keep up some kinda image?

Possible replies;

"Didn't you know? Those batteries never die! Toyota no, goes on forever."

Oh wait, got a better one...

"Those batteries will soon come with a lifetime warranty. Nothing to worry about."

Oh no wait, wait...

"They'll become cheaper than donkey ears. A schoolboy will be able to afford them."

No no no, wait, I got it...

"Our baases will figure something out."

:)

You know whats funny? Cars in SL and Toyota's in particular sell with two main points in mind. Fuel consumption and resale. Thats mentality. What will happen to all these eager beavers who want to bring down hybrids when they discover that aging batteries makes the car more difficult to sell and brings the value down? Specially if they have gone and paid a premium for used cars in the first place by trying to keep up some kinda image?

Resale not as much mentality Peri. I think the atrocious figures for a 10 year old Toyota comes partly from it's reliability and the ability to get it fixed like getting a tea bunnis with a plain tea. It'll be really interesting to see how and what'll happen over the next few years with more and more Hybrids cleaning the environment around Colombo and suburbs! Maintaining the image ... that's a very small percentage ne machang.

Hybrids we can breath easy

Yet will have to drink imported bottle water to avoid drinking water contaminated with prius batteries

I don;t know what the docs say Boy I love Heavy metal Import more priuses please and the gov reduse taxes for them even more

Do you seriously think the prius batteries will even put a dent in the contamination of our water supply? we have bigger things to worry about. For example; garbage dumps without proper linings of the ground that leach other toxic substances into the water grid, CFL lights that contain mercury that are not properly disposed, regular car batteries, the list keeps going on. I seriously doubt the prius battery is a bigger concern than the rst of the contaminants that can or already have reached the water grid.

Oh yeah I forgot this one....improperly disposed pharmaceuticals...

Hybrids we can breath easy

Yet will have to drink imported bottle water to avoid drinking water contaminated with prius batteries

I don;t know what the docs say Boy I love Heavy metal Import more priuses please and the gov reduse taxes for them even more

And here I was thinking world hunger was a bigger problem :blink:

well dude its like this when you get in to car and driving you feel pleasure to drive car and enjoy the ride then it put a smile in your face that's fun driving.

driving is you get in to car and driving because you have to drive and hop you can get there quick so you can stop driving.

to some fun driving is driving a fast car or family sedan it doesnt matter you driving rx 8 evo vi-rs axio Prius vios if you love to driveing it then it's fun driving.

in simple its like wearing your favorite cloth or wearing same thing.

please dont get angry with me guys this is just my personal opinion :)

yes mate..good explanation..fun driving is subjective..it's the personal preference..If somebody likes prius it may be fun for him..If he doesn't like a Ferrari it may not be fun for him...I think when somebody publish the threads here..they should mention that it's their personal opinion (as you have mentioned :rolleyes: ) ..I think it's not fare enough to say that prius is not a fun car to drive...coz..there might be a lot of people who like to drive it.. :rolleyes:

can you explain the difference between having sex to reproduce and having sex for pleasure? :rolleyes:

lol...can u explain the difference between eat for living and eat for pleasure??????? It's always personal preference mate..your question is not applicable to the topic i asked.. :D

saw couple prius in town not very bad looking in shape. But little bit fat and bulky looking. Could've made better looking if made litter smaller.

And also there is very cool looking honda CRZ hybrid.. hmm reminds the good old CRX.

yes mate..good explanation..fun driving is subjective..it's the personal preference..If somebody likes prius it may be fun for him..If he doesn't like a Ferrari it may not be fun for him...I think when somebody publish the threads here..they should mention that it's their personal opinion (as you have mentioned :rolleyes: ) ..I think it's not fare enough to say that prius is not a fun car to drive...coz..there might be a lot of people who like to drive it.. :rolleyes:

Nope... the prius is NOT a fun car to drive. Unless your definition of fun and your definition of dull are equal.

lol...can u explain the difference between eat for living and eat for pleasure??????? It's always personal preference mate..your question is not applicable to the topic i asked.. :D

Yeah. Eating for pleasure would be when you save up, treat yourself and your significant other to a fancy dinner at a really nice restaurant and have a bloody good time.

Eating to live is when you have your standard three meals a day to keep from starving.

Clear enough for ya, Einstein?

Errr... All three are the same explanation. And if you don't know the difference between doing something for pleasure and doing something out of necessity... well, unless your a monk who gave up worldly pleasures pursuing some higher goal...

Like Supra said, the Prius is not fun. Thats ok, that not what Toyota designed if for. A-to-B transport is what its for, not fun.

Now what does that statement have to do with a Prius? :lol: :lol:

LOL......hey Big_D i think it's something to do with what he was drinking when he writing the post.... :lol:

If all the kmp/L fanboys are having hard-ons for hybrids why not go for the CR-Z? At least it's a little sporty and must be more fun to drive than the Prius. I even considered getting one if I ever get a permit. Wonder how it racks up against the old CR-X though.

If all the kmp/L fanboys are having hard-ons for hybrids why not go for the CR-Z? At least it's a little sporty and must be more fun to drive than the Prius. I even considered getting one if I ever get a permit. Wonder how it racks up against the old CR-X though.

True it seems to be the only interesting hybrid for sale around here, but the 2 doors and slightly higher price for a smaller car would put off the average buyer in SL. Sadly, we see very small number of jap coupes around after all. And even the CR-X wasn't famous among the public, only the car enthusiasts know about it. Saw a RX-7 today while with some friends, and no one knew what it was except it being Mazda after seeing the badge, weird sort of guys these days sad.gif

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Ya men, I wish they would make a proper successor to to the CR-X. Don't know how the CR-Z is but I wish they would go back to creating a nice little basic hotrod jap sports-coupe/hatch. I've been looking for a decent CR-X for the past 2 years, but most have been hacked and all have outrageous prices. I'm seriously thinking about the CR-Z just cos it's related to the CR-X, but the whole hybrid thing is starting to put me off!

Ya men, I wish they would make a proper successor to to the CR-X. Don't know how the CR-Z is but I wish they would go back to creating a nice little basic hotrod jap sports-coupe/hatch. I've been looking for a decent CR-X for the past 2 years, but most have been hacked and all have outrageous prices. I'm seriously thinking about the CR-Z just cos it's related to the CR-X, but the whole hybrid thing is starting to put me off!

You're speaking the original CR-X and not the del sol right? Yea almost all I've seen were badly kept. But our fellow member MD seems to have a well kept one, though it's your luck if he decides to part with his baby :)

And yes the CR-Z is underpowered compared to the good old CR-X, so guess you'll have to wait a bit more and see if they fit in a bigger motor or actually make a successor.

Deffo not the del sol, I almost had a orgasm when they announced the CR-Z but then lo and behold they said it was going to be a hybrid.... Well I don't know how the after-sales support is going to be for hybrids, especially when it's so hard to find a reliable place to deal with the electronics on our present cars and with the agents charging an arm, a leg and sometimes the odd testicle to bring down a part the size of a peanut without which your car wont even start.

Edited by sharky

Well for the CR-Z owners, and any other hybrids upto now, even agents do not seem to able to cope with any troubleshooting so best bet is to pray nothing will go wrong for sometime until mechanics and auto electricians learn about these vehicles properly.

But it does retain similar styling and is a sexy little car IMO

Deffo not the del sol, I almost had a orgasm when they announced the CR-Z but then lo and behold they said it was going to be a hybrid.... Well I don't know how the after-sales support is going to be for hybrids, especially when it's so hard to find a reliable place to deal with the electronics on our present cars and with the agents charging an arm, a leg and sometimes the odd testicle to bring down a part the size of a peanut without which your car wont even start.

But you see, the electric motor kicks in only when cruising. When accelerating hard you'll be on the petrol engine, so i dont see why the CRZ should be a turn off simply cos it HAS a hybrid mode.

And i'm guessing the prius n all are probably detuned for economical driving (hence making it all bland), while this being a sports car is not detuned or anything.

On one hand we have a bunch of people jumping on the "hybrid=cheap deal" bandwagon while another bunch jumping on the "hybrid=lame" bandwagon. Why oh why...........

Sporty car it maybe, but it's got a 109hp engine mated to a 13hp electric motor, giving a total of 122hp with 1200kg curb weight for the manual (from US specs as we've a max of 95RON petrol similar to US instead of 100RON as in Japan). In comparison the least powerful manual CR-X had 105hp with only 880kg, so that's why the CR-Z doesn't live upto the ancestor...

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Sporty car it maybe, but it's got a 109hp engine mated to a 13hp electric motor, giving a total of 122hp with 1200kg curb weight for the manual (from US specs as we've a max of 95RON petrol similar to US instead of 100RON as in Japan). In comparison the least powerful manual CR-X had 105hp with only 880kg, so that's why the CR-Z doesn't live upto the ancestor...

yeah even a normal sedan like a subie impreza H4 puts about 107 hp

I doubt if the CR-Z is faster than even an ek3 :unsure:

yeah even a normal sedan like a subie impreza H4 puts about 107 hp

I doubt if the CR-Z is faster than even an ek3 :unsure:

yeah, 1200kg is a lot of weight for a small hatchback.

Edit: ya, 0-100km/h is 8-9secs :unsure:

Edited by shanX