• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Feedback On Forum Etiquette, Standards And Courtesy

The Don

OK, time to end the malarky - Here is how this works.

The guys maybe newbie mods, but don't try to tease like they are noobs. They have been here a long time, and they have participated in member moderating the forums when people tried getting silly. Also, they are here on my explicit request, I don't have as much time to devote to the forum, and I want to get out of having to keep fighting with all these retards who keep popping up and pontificating on online behaviour without having the first clue about the community. Not to mention, I do have other things going on in my life that need attention too. I pretty much told Madz to get new mods or I was gonna retire. I'll be hear a while longer, but its not cast in stone.

The Don is just trying to be democratic. As some of you have pointed out, most of the time, we have mod cleanups on threads going over the line, and most of you bantering on here have warnings to show for it too, don't need to point fingers and call names, no? We don't even need to escalate so far coz a txt, mail or IM is sufficient to stop things going overboard. And most of you (bar a few whiners) accept the discipline in good grace coz you know the standard. This thread really does not apply to those kinds of guys.

Its also a good time to point out that more people complain about pointless posts than about how rude people are. And I sympathize, you gotta know it is pretty hard to uphold this free speech thing when said speech is utter rot. But we don't penalize on rot so it stands.

Think of it this way. This is not to set the limit at clean. This is primarily a forum full of guys, and guys communicate in a forthright manner. This will allow people to know how dirty u can get before getting a virtual boot to the backside by a mod. We aren't gonna turn it girly. Think of it as more for the benefit of noob troublemakers than long timers. The dudes, janitors and in-laws of the community. And Don is actually asking you guys feedback to set the limit, rather than set it at the discretion of the mods. So how about you longtimers try to use that chance, rather than letting a bunch of prissy pansies have their say and set the bar low?

Peri, how about we leave out the long 2000 word essays on how we should all behave and actually start working on the issue at hand, which is basically quality control and keep out the riff raff.

I suggest that you introduce a point system for any noobs. More like a 3 Strike policy. 3 Strikes and you are out. And the reasons for those 3 strikes can be determined and explained clearly and the decisions ad reasons be made public.

I think Sylvi or his posts is not the problem. Sylvi is just the face of a bigger issue. No offense to Sylvi. he does have usable knowledge.

First order of business would be to do some house cleaning in the whole system to remove many of the threads that have been opened for no reason by many noobs to get an answer to a random question. These just populate the space and actually clutters.

I have attached a link to another forum that I am in now, and I tell you, some of the fights are epic. But no one gets the manpanties in to a twist there. perhaps we can learn from the suddas?

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/

After that we can follow The Don Declaration... :)

Just my Rs. 50.

PS. Can we put this to rest, I have 2 5000 word assignments to finish before next wednsday and I'd rather add the words to that... ;)

Edited by VVTi

Peri, how about we leave out the long 2000 word essays on how we should all behave and actually start working on the issue at hand, which is basically quality control and keep out the riff raff.

I suggest that you introduce a point system for any noobs. More like a 3 Strike policy. 3 Strikes and you are out. And the reasons for those 3 strikes can be determined and explained clearly and the decisions ad reasons be made public.

I think Sylvi or his posts is not the problem. Sylvi is just the face of a bigger issue. No offense to Sylvi. he does have usable knowledge.

First order of business would be to do some house cleaning in the whole system to remove many of the threads that have been opened for no reason by many noobs to get an answer to a random question. These just populate the space and actually clutters.

I have attached a link to another forum that I am in now, and I tell you, some of the fights are epic. But no one gets the manpanties in to a twist there. perhaps we can learn from the suddas?

http://www.subarufor....org/vbulletin/

After that we can follow The Don Declaration... :)

Just my Rs. 50.

PS. Can we put this to rest, I have 2 5000 word assignments to finish before next wednsday and I'd rather add the words to that... ;)

VVTI, I think we will close this thread on Monday and the last post will hopefully be from Madz with some fairly rough guidelines and pointers, and something to help the absolute newbies determine who is a good experienced source of information and who is not (though it's very hard to have a perfect solution to this), and we will see where it takes us.

Thanks for engaging productively. There is no problem with criticism however harsh it is as long as its objective.

Holy Coitus!!

You guys are clamping down on people LOLing now!?!??!

Machang you might want to change your AutoLanka account password, cos someone seems to have hacked into it and typed the following. Based on the above quoted post, it certainly couldn't have been you who typed the below quoted post :rolleyes:

Watchman, it wasn't me who hid the posts from Kushan.

How telling it is that the new moderator Don started this thread to have a civil conversation about the said issues, but the three (jdnet, watchman, master don) AL vigilantes who direct the most rudeness and antagonism towards other AL members have now turned their hostility on the moderators and made this thread into a joke.

Sadly, a common occurrence on AL.

How telling it is that the new moderator Don started this thread to have a civil conversation about the said issues, but the three (jdnet, watchman, master don) AL vigilantes who direct the most rudeness and antagonism towards other AL members have now turned their hostility on the moderators and made this thread into a joke.

please.. dont u have trees to hug... go suck on a leaf man..

you Jealous that you're not getting all the attention anymore?

• Like 2