• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Es Or Ek?

chamath1

Question

Hi everyone this is my first forum post and it's reguarding my very own first car :)

When I was a teenager I had the luxury of riding Mitsubishi Pajero (1989), L200, Lancer Box, Nissan N16, Doctor Sunny, Bluebird (Diesel), Peugeot 406,407, Freelander and none of them gave me the beautiful experience of riding a 1995 Vtec Honda Civic Ex (EG) car. I almost learned all the driving tactics on Sri Lankan roads on this vehicle as my father owned it. I loved it's unique balance between horsepower and fuel consumption which was 15kmpl within Kandy city roads. I dreamt of having it for a lifetime but my dad had to sell it as he needed a four wheel for his travels.

Years later I saw the same car in bits and pieces in a garage as the second owner had tried to modify the vehicle in a very cheap form and then met with a major accident and the vehicle had to be sold for parts. I never felt so sad for machine like that before, and here I am now trying to get a same car just to revive my wild and free good times by buying a Civic to myself :)

I truly like to go for an EG but since that model is too old I'm confused with buying either ES or EK series?

My aspects for a good car is:

1. Fuel Consumption (>12 within city limits, >15 on highway)

2. Price < 2.2 Million

3. Low maintennance cost

4. Vtec engine HP>100

5. Sporty Look (optional)

When it comes to fuel efficiency , I heard that Lancer CVT has a good kmpl count (15-18KMPL) but didn't go for it because of the memories I had with a Civic and when it comes to looks Civic wins.

I truly like to go for an EG but since that model is too old I'm confused with buying either ES or EK series. Which one is the best when t comes to my requirement ?

You really are allergic to searching no? Multimatics have been discussed to death on this forum too. Including good tips on maintenance and repair. Look up those threads. And praveen is right. I have a good feeling you'll love it

I did a Search for multimatics In AL but the search was returned with 0 results . Please check it by yourself do a search and see.

May be something wrong with the spiders .

And still the Multimatics use advanced CVT , any complaints on frequent troubles like a member commented like we need to keep a close eye to the CVT Transmission System .

Correct me if i am wrong.

I did a Search for multimatics In AL but the search was returned with 0 results . Please check it by yourself do a search and see.

May be something wrong with the spiders .

And still the Multimatics use advanced CVT , any complaints on frequent troubles like a member commented like we need to keep a close eye to the CVT Transmission System .

Correct me if i am wrong.

I didn't reach this many posts commenting about girls on elakiri. Use keywords "Honda, cvt, ek3 auto, gearbox" etc and you shall find.

Everything you need to know about cvts are there, I assure you. And more. Understand we also get tired of the same thing again and again. There's storage and search facilities on forums for a reason no?

• Like 1

I am finding comfortable going for a ES5 series and this forum helped me alot . Thanks for all Who commented.

Out of interest , One of my friend is looking for 5 door HRV probably 2002 and he need my assistance . As you guys know i am not good with cars, so i am asking your feedbacks on this model.

Sorry for Posting it Here , i don't get any feedbacks from Honda HRV thread. May be user too discontinued writing comments with the ceased production of HRV .