• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla Ceres!

Octanehead

you do know the starlet GT have a 1.3L(4E-FTE) engine right i don't think it's compatible with a ceres try to find a 4A-GE 1.6L engine that you find in carina GT it will be the wiser choice. iirc some ceres comes with 4A-GE engine so you will have no problem with compatibility with that engine but i don't think it's easy to do those engine swap you need more than engine like compatible ecu gear box and the cost for all of those will be high and when you sell it someday you probably wont get the money you spend on it so if you want more faster car than your ceres the wise choice is to sell your car and buy a car like carina GT,starlet GT,honda civic vi,lancer ck4 or primera hp11 if not be happy with your car dude you have a nice car. :)

I have had this car for 6 years plus, I don't intend on selling it ever...... I was considering a 4AGE swap but i was adviced not to Turbo charge it. And the Starlet GT engine shares the mounting pattern supposedly. There is a Turbo corolla 110 with the same engine...... And if not mistaken the 110 and 100 didn't change their mounting pattern

I have had this car for 6 years plus, I don't intend on selling it ever...... I was considering a 4AGE swap but i was adviced not to Turbo charge it. And the Starlet GT engine shares the mounting pattern supposedly. There is a Turbo corolla 110 with the same engine...... And if not mistaken the 110 and 100 didn't change their mounting pattern

well if you are going to do it.. you should do it right.. and since you are not going to sell it then the resale bullshit doesn't matter.. i think there was one ceres that was turbo charged.. it was a silver one me thinks... i forgot the guy's name.. the starlet GT route might be better but i dont know how it will affect the power to weight ratio since the ceres is much heavier.. unless of course you shed some weight.. but some carbon fibre in there..

The turbocharged 110 probably came with a stock 4e engine. because it uses the same mounting points as the starlet fitting a 4e-fte is an easy A. But because yours has an A engine going with a 4a-ge is a less work. If you get down one of the later engines you might be able to get a 6 speed box with that. Not to mention it sounds nicer than the 4e.

I think you are talking about Wichintha not sure about the name though..... but I know of the car, it ultimately had a 4WD drive train with a Turbocharged engine from a Celica GT4. Was pretty fast, sadly the chassis of the Ceres/Marino isnt that strong so it cant take so much power!!

Yup Thanks for the advice. But I was speaking to Sacha and he was saying turbo charging a 4AGE is not a good idea because of the high compression ratio....

Sadly that site doesn't exist any more :(

if you found the youtube link...you can message the guy. he was quite helpful... at least when i mailed him a few years back.

Or...you can take the car to Sacha.... He can turbocharge almost any efi car...

if you found the youtube link...you can message the guy. he was quite helpful... at least when i mailed him a few years back.

Or...you can take the car to Sacha.... He can turbocharge almost any efi car...

+1

yup OH, if i remember right, shehans starlet was also tuned/moded by sacha.

I think you are talking about Wichintha not sure about the name though..... but I know of the car, it ultimately had a 4WD drive train with a Turbocharged engine from a Celica GT4. Was pretty fast, sadly the chassis of the Ceres/Marino isnt that strong so it cant take so much power!!

Yup Thanks for the advice. But I was speaking to Sacha and he was saying turbo charging a 4AGE is not a good idea because of the high compression ratio....

yep thats guy...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just realised this thread got nominated for an award, lol haven't updated in awhile either! Well Turbo plans seemed to have fallen through the roof thanks to my attention going into my other ride!

So for now enjoy some shots of the car since the ones I uploaded before seemed to have disappeared mysteriously

27042012108copy_zps40d4b733.jpg

DSC01105-2_zps59730863.jpg

Edited by Octanehead