• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Engine Not Registred ?

Dinukap4

Hey,

Well my friend just bought a car and it has a engine conversion because the old engine went bad on the previous owner and now it has a toyota Instead of a Mitsubishi, but its a petrol to petrol conversion and when he bought it he has asked the owner if there is a problem with out this engine being registered and if he will have problems in the future and he has told him that a petrol to petrol Engine conversion isn't sensory to be registered and in fact the owner has the license renewed to 2013 and the eco test completed with the engine not registered and this vehicle is a 7 Sri.

Hope I explained it clear hoping for a reply soon.

Cheers

PS- And We asked some more people and they say that it isn't necessary and the eco test isn't necessary if its under 10Sri ?

Edited by Dinukap4

Hey,

Well my friend just bought a car and it has a engine conversion because the old engine went bad on the owner before him and now it has a toyota Instead of a Mitsubishi but its a petrol to petrol conversion and when he bought it he has asked the owner if there isa problem with out this engine being registered and if he will have problems in the future and he has told him that a petrol to petrol Engine conversion isn't sensory to be registered and in fact the owner has the license renewed to 2013 and the eco test completed with the engine not registered and this vehicle is a 7 Sri.

Hope I explained it clear hoping for a reply soon.

Cheers

All you need to register the engine is to get a receipt from a place claiming to have supplied you the engine. I don't think the RMV is too concerned about these things since its a petrol to petrol conversion. If he really wants it registered, pull a favour and get a receipt for the purchase of the engine and submit a request for the engine number to be altered in the books. If the engine is the same capacity don't think there will be a big issue.

The engine number must reflect on the registration papers. Otherwise its illegal (at least in theory). Your friend might face problems in the future when he needs a valuation done or when he wants to sell the car or if it meets with an accident. So the safest thing to do is to register. Unlike petrol-diesel conversions, registering a petrol-petrol conversion is very simple and you only need to pay something like 500 rupees.

• Like 1

Any engine replacement (even within the same fuel type) requires you to notify the RMV (along with a receipt from the engine seller) and have the vehicle weighed and all that jazz...

And its strongly recommended that you do it for a number of reasons... just off the top of my head:

1- If the vehicle is ever stolen you will have no way of proving ownership if the vehicle is ever recovered

2- Insurance CAN deny any claims made on the basis that it's NOT the vehicle thats covered under the policy. Remember the insurance policy covers a vehicle that's 7SriXXXX. And how do they verify that you didnt just slap a new number plate on a wrecked car? by cross-checking the engine and chassis number.

3- Future potential buyers might not be as easy going as your friend and might shy away from the car because of this discrepancy. I dont know about you buy i WOULDNT buy a car if its actual engine number and the number in the book dont match.

• Like 1

It's a simple process. It was, at least, 2 years ago. You need a receipt for the purchase of the engine, and you need to fill out an application from rmv werahera. Take the car there in the morning, and take your lunch with you. Process will take entire day.

Registered a wrx 4 conversion with no issues. I wasn't even the owner. No one checked

It's a simple process. It was, at least, 2 years ago. You need a receipt for the purchase of the engine, and you need to fill out an application from rmv werahera. Take the car there in the morning, and take your lunch with you. Process will take entire day.

Registered a wrx 4 conversion with no issues. I wasn't even the owner. No one checked

What if the engine capacity changes? Im sure the standard Impreza is 1.5, or 1.8 right, and the WRX is 2L. Is there a tax since the capacity changed?

What if the engine capacity changes? Im sure the standard Impreza is 1.5, or 1.8 right, and the WRX is 2L. Is there a tax since the capacity changed?

that would technically be caught in the weigh in process

:sarcastic_hand:

I didn't! :'( and was hungry and wet and angry by the end of the day!! Was raining cats and dogs. Hats off to the boxer engine tho. No displacement marked on the scale when it ran. All the inlines displaced it with each stroke. The guy there made me go over and check if the engine was on