• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla Ce110 Engine Mounts

thilinak

I have a corolla ce110 diesel car. Its top engine mount is broken. Does anyone know a place to get recondition engine mounts.

I was looking to buy brandnew ,but toyota lanka is very expensive.

Thanks in advance.

You probably should not use, used engine mounts as they are a rubber item which deteriorates over time as well as through use. Body part shops should have them if you are really interested.

You can either buy them from Panchikawatte brand new, both genuine Toyota and aftermarket, or you can buy just the rubber bits and fix them to the existing metal casings. These wont last as long (and might not work as well as the genuine Toyota product) but are a lot cheaper.

There's a place that specialize in rubber busher & mounts @ delkanda opp: S*mp*th Bank. You could check with them if you go that way.. they dont have recon stuff but as Don pointed out they might have the rubber stuff to use with your existing metal parts in the mount.

top mount is not rubber as i remember, (driver side one i meant).

Other 3 are rubber,

indeed you can buy aftermarket bushes which is one third of the price of genuine.

Applying bushes to existing mount is lot cheaper and worked more than year for me , and still no problem.

Those bushes come with the same brand which produces the complete mount as well.

Ex-RBI thai brand,

has bushes for mounts and complete mounts too.(mind you ,

it's a cheap brand).don't go

for JAPA brand.

Try TZK(something sounds like that, not exactly remember)(JAPANESE) If possible , but cost will be more or less closer to genuine.

Don't replace one mount, just replace them all at once,that's always advisable.

I usually avoid the damn place called T*yota lanka unless it's a crucial component like timing belt, oil pump ,ect..just because it's un ethical expensive price tag.

Labour would be 2-3 k range(dismantle+bushing+install)

good luck

Those bushes come with the same brand which produces the complete mount as well.

Ex-RBI thai brand,

has bushes for mounts and complete mounts too.(mind you ,

it's a cheap brand).don't go

for JAPA brand.

Try TZK(something sounds like that, not exactly remember)(JAPANESE) If possible , but cost will be more or less closer to genuine.

Don't replace one mount, just replace them all at once,that's always advisable.

Thanks Chan5 , i think it's better to replace all mounts. Where can i get those bushes.?

I used RBK thai which was about 3500 but lasted only about 3 months. I couldn't find any Japanese ones so had to go for toyota lanka and the whole 4 mounts cost 50,000+ :(

I don't recommend used ones as they should be at least 15yrs old and try to find Jap ones. And also it's highly recommended that you change all the 4 mounts in one go. Coz when ones gives in it increases the load on the others and they too are weakened,

Edited by Amila G

I used RBK thai which was about 3500 but lasted only about 3 months. I couldn't find any Japanese ones so had to go for toyota lanka and the whole 4 mounts cost 50,000+ :(

I don't recommend used ones as they should be at least 15yrs old and try to find Jap ones. And also it's highly recommended that you change all the 4 mounts in one go. Coz when ones gives in it increases the load on the others and they too are weakened,

i also heard the same story but don't know my one lasted more than year, no problems yet.

50,000k price is not justifiable at any ground, because you can bush it ten times with average brand.

Japan parts are around , give it a search in panchi....

Bushing can be done by any small garage, remove the arm, buy bushes from motor shop , insert bushes at lath work shop...

Hello,

I also did replace main engine mount of my CE110, bought for Rs.2700 on 2011-07-22. Still no problem. It was around 18000 at toyota that time. Also did replaced small engine mount near radiator bought for Rs2000/- on 2011-08-07. Still no issue.

All of these mounts are new, but I dont remember brand.

Main mount was replaced when I replaced T-Belt and water pump. labor was Rs2250/- . (Also replaced 2 lower arm bushes same time and took full day to disassemble, buy and take parts to garage and reassemble)

Other mount replacement took 30min and labor was Rs.300/-

after replacement of engine mounts I used car for 27xxx km now.

I never knew I should replace all engine mounts at once. If I knew I would done that.

Hello

nano31

I bought 2x lower arm bushes on 2011-07-22 for Rs635 each. it was RBI brand and came in nice sealed bag. I had to change these two RBI bushes on 2012-08-11. By then I used them for about 21xxxkm.

2012-08-11 I bought TEZUKA brand and I was told this is japan made.

I haven't noted down engine mount brand. But will try to find out

@ abiman,

what is the brand of the mounts?

Anyway I have used RBI Thai products (http://www.rbi.co.th/) for lower arm bushes, Upper Shock mounts 1 year ago but still have no problems.