• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Use Of A Metal Conditioner

bagUrE

Recently saw an ad by S*ltron about their new product called Ez*. Thinking about trying it...

'bagUrE'

I dot think according to my knowledge there are no products like what you have mentioned.

Is it SOLTRON? If it is so this is so UK product, it is existing for long time in the SL market I have used same.

Do you want for to add to to your car engine oil so that oil will be used longer or to your fuel to do more miles for a Liter?

There are so many fuel savers to be added to your fuel, note non of them work satisfactory.

I myself had tried them from the time fuel costs started increasing far back early 1970s.

Do inform for what purpose you want this product.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I have experimented with different types of oil additives on a Mazda 929 (1800cc 1978 model) over a period of around 13 years under scorching heat in the ME but none gave me the desired results except for a US product called "Engine Restorer". This product claimed to have microscopic particles of copper, lead and traces of silver suspended in a lubricant medium. It was somewhat expensive compared to other products (Something like $25 per pint sized can) but once you pour the can's contents to the engine, after couple of days you can really feel your idle getting smoother and an appreciable increase in the engine power. But I do not know what the same product would do to a modern engine. I have not seen it here it SL. As for the product described above just see if it is a similar one.

Recently saw an ad by S*ltron about their new product called Ez*. Thinking about trying it...

'bagUrE'

I dot think according to my knowledge there are no products like what you have mentioned.

Is it SOLTRON? If it is so this is so UK product, it is existing for long time in the SL market I have used same.

Do you want for to add to to your car engine oil so that oil will be used longer or to your fuel to do more miles for a Liter?

There are so many fuel savers to be added to your fuel, note non of them work satisfactory.

I myself had tried them from the time fuel costs started increasing far back early 1970s.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, metal conditioners are supposed to restore worn parts like pistons and piston rings.

I have used it long time ago due to a wrong diagnostic. I can't remember the brand but there's nothing special to comment on it.

Sylvi, metal conditioners are supposed to restore worn parts like pistons and piston rings.

I have used it long time ago due to a wrong diagnostic. I can't remember the brand but there's nothing special to comment on it.

'whatever',

Yes I agree to your post if he is talking about for used engines.

I misunderstood for SOLTRON he is referring to because he have mentioned that product name at last.

There was plenty of that type of products available in S/L years back, but they lasted only for few thousand miles.

Some who used them had very bad effects, later with piston rings getting stuck, oil used to come up to the plugs.

I have tested there was a product about 40 years ago with Graphite based mixed with oil thick paste. Not like grease.Little thin.That product gives a very smooth engine, cars with differential hum, noticeable reduction.

That can go to the engine, Gear box.Differential,steering drive. Have to add according to their recommended portions. That product came in large tube.

That product was good for gear boxes and Differential but not to the engine. Because oil filers have to change every 1000 Miles for Petrol engines. Have to add again the same quantity to the engine.

Cannot remember the name. In the Web cant find, but there are Graphite mixed oils and grease, but that Graphite tube product is not manufactured any more.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'bagUrE'

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi,

Actually there exists many products of the type metal conditioners, may be beyond your knowledge.

Just type it in; this is a nice explanation [rather an advertisement for the said brand]

Yes you have mentioned the trade name of the product that I am talking about, but I believe you have used their fuel additive. This particular product was introduced recently.

As from the advertisement facts, it can:

1. Reduce wear at morning start.

2. Reduce engine noise / vibration

3. Reduce excessive engine heat.

4. Reduce gumming up of oil.

5. Reduce friction among engine components.

6. Increase engine power.

7. Increase engine life by 50%.

Also, it states that it does NOT contain teflon, graphite, Zinc etc.

Just curious to know whether anyone has used this so far...Any improvements or issues.

Members,

This is the reply Received from the UK company.

Dear Sylvester,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I regret that, at present, we have no Agent or Distributor in either Sri

Lanka or India.

We make occasional sales to both, but I understand Import Taxes are very

high, and often make prices look uncompetitive.

Or have things changed?

How can we help?

Kind regards,

I will post their Web links under.

http://www.molyslip.com/products/oilfuel-supplements/molyslip-break-in/

http://www.deltec.net/acatalog/Molyslip_Price_List.html

This product I am not advertising it is only sharing my past experience, with their product.

I find now they have plenty of Motor Vehicle Engine and industrial products. For long lasting use.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.