• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

50 Rolls Royce Ghost's To Be Imported

malla

Agree.

This is no political statement but just in case the roumor is true, that many Rolls for CHOGM (or any Rolls for that matter) is extreme overkill for a poor (let's face it) country like ours. Even the queen was hauled around in a back of a Range Rover during last CHOGM held in Aus.

PS: Not that I think queen should be hauled in anything better

i dont think the queen gives any crap abt SL' s rolls royces. They have custom designed rolls royces for themselves.

plus, the fact tht The CHOGM will be held in SL, is nt confirmed yt, after the impeachment.

i dont think the queen gives any crap abt SL' s rolls royces. They have custom designed rolls royces for themselves.
you're missing the point mate, which is, if other wealthy countries think they don't need Rolls to chaufer the heads of states around including the queen, why should SL?

So I sincerely hope this whole Rolls story is a prank and should CHOGM be held in SL eventually, we won't see millions of dollars spalshed out in such extravaganza. Besides you can't get 50 Rolls unless you ordered years in advance so this can't be true. Or hang on, this is SL. It could quite be possible that at the firt hint of even proposing to host CHOGM, the first thing we did was to order 50 Rolls.

Edited by HardHat
  • Like 1

you're missing the point mate, which is, if other wealthy countries think they don't need Rolls to chaufer the heads of states around including the queen, why should SL?

So I sincerely hope this whole Rolls story is a prank and should CHOGM be held in SL eventually, we won't see millions of dollars spalshed out in such extravaganza. Besides you can't get 50 Rolls unless you ordered years in advance so this can't be true. Or hang on, this is SL. It could quite be possible that at the firt hint of even proposing to host CHOGM, the first thing we did was to order 50 Rolls.

You're quite right. No one with a sane mind would consider ordering 50 Rolls for CHOGM or whatever it is .. I doubt you will find 50 CW heads of state who would prefer to ride in Rolls - it's overkill as earlier pointed out.

The requirement 'might hv been' for 50 car fleet, including 'some' Rolls Royce's. There are many more practical yet prestige vehicles that can be used for a temporary purpose and then sold or re-purposed much, much easily.

• Like 1

totally agreeing :) i heard from a British High Commision insider that the Queen would take the Jaguar XJ of the high commision if her majesty comes here by any chance.

This import if its a true case is just an attempt of the wealthy bussinessmen and politicians and their henchmen to get rolls royces tax free, through the gov.

Not only is just the idea of using Rolls for V*P transportation unnecessarily extravagant and overkill especially for SL , the security requirements for CHOGM dictate that Heads of State travel in vehicles with some level of armor protection.

This Ghost that has been brought down seems to be a stock Ghost with no armor protection (no unusually thick bulletproof glass or unusually heavy armored doors etc ) which suggests it will not be used for V*P transportation which further suggests that the rumor is false.

Popcorn time :D

LOL, no popcorn time.

There's a reason almost everyone ignores Charitha's posts. That verbal diarrhea spewing illiterate imbecile isn't worth the effort.

There's not even a little bit of thought or intelligence or insight or useful information in any of his posts, just verbal diarrhea. So no point, why bother. :D

LOL, no popcorn time.

There's a reason almost everyone ignores Charitha's posts. That verbal diarrhea spewing illiterate imbecile isn't worth the effort.

There's not even a little bit of thought or intelligence or insight or useful information in any of his posts, just verbal diarrhea. So no point, why bother. :D

please everyone ignores u... no one actually cares about anything u say... we just like to see u get all whamy... about ur hybrids and what not..

and u are just sad coz u cant keep up with me on anything...ha h ahaha..... CALI actually u are all right... it always makes my day taking the piss out of u... ha h ah ahha

and by the way i dont see ur ass when an actual hybrid owner has a problem.....

Edited by charitha19

Not only is just the idea of using Rolls for V*P transportation unnecessarily extravagant and overkill especially for SL , the security requirements for CHOGM dictate that Heads of State travel in vehicles with some level of armor protection.

This Ghost that has been brought down seems to be a stock Ghost with no armor protection (no unusually thick bulletproof glass or unusually heavy armored doors etc ) which suggests it will not be used for V*P transportation which further suggests that the rumor is false.

i think u are correct there mate :) and the bullet or blast proof version of the ghost wud cost a lot.

please everyone ignores u... no one actually cares about anything u say... we just like to see u get all whamy... about ur hybrids and what not..

and u are just sad coz u cant keep up with me on anything...ha h ahaha..... CALI actually u are all right... it always makes my day taking the piss out of u... ha h ah ahha

and by the way i dont see ur ass when an actual hybrid owner has a problem.....

OH please its not the place for your cat fight practise. Stop the OT.

• Like 1

i think u are correct there mate :) and the bullet or blast proof version of the ghost wud cost a lot. OH please its not the place for your cat fight practise. Stop the OT.

i am not gonna start something with u since u are a newbie.. and then there will be all these other fools telling that we bash newbies and stuff.. so carry on...and let me know when the wedding is.. i need to get u guys something special.... or is there a registry...?

i am not gonna start something with u since u are a newbie.. and then there will be all these other fools telling that we bash newbies and stuff.. so carry on...and let me know when the wedding is.. i need to get u guys something special.... or is there a registry...?

Stop the shit, u r suffering from a superior mental complexation. So have u r time mate go and speak to a psychatrist.

OK now i get wht type of person u r kiddy :D say what ever u want nobody is gonna give a crap :D

• Like 2

Range Rover was used to transport the Queen for CHOGM 2011.

Hmm..that range Rover does not seem to be armor plated (at least not a very comprehensive package) that window glass is way too thin to be resistant to anything (granted it could be the angle too). Maybe armor plating was not a requirement since this was in Australia ? and they felt pretty safe ? Some places where I have had to work I have had to go around in armor plated Land Cruisers, Discos and Suburbans (vehicles commissioned both for general field work and VIPs) and those things had thick glasses and was pretty evident it was armor plated;doors that weighed as much as an ali pattiya...and driving it felt like driving a freaking barge on wheels.

But then again all armor plating goes to waste when the dang window is open :)

Edited by iRage

Hmm..that range Rover does not seem to be armor plated (at least not a very comprehensive package) that window glass is way too thin to be resistant to anything (granted it could be the angle too). Maybe armor plating was not a requirement since this was in Australia ? and they felt pretty safe ? Some places where I have had to work I have had to go around in armor plated Land Cruisers, Discos and Suburbans (vehicles commissioned both for general field work and VIPs) and those things had thick glasses and was pretty evident it was armor plated;doors that weighed as much as an ali pattiya...and driving it felt like driving a freaking barge on wheels.

But then again all armor plating goes to waste when the dang window is open :)

To my knowledge, shutters cant be opened in bullet proof vehicles(noticed that in the armoured beemer used by the IGP.

Dont know if im correct

Stop the shit, u r suffering from a superior mental complexation. So have u r time mate go and speak to a psychatrist. OK now i get wht type of person u r kiddy :D say what ever u want nobody is gonna give a crap :D

chil chil man.... i am just trolling u.... go ahead.. u and cali can discuss what u want... no one really cares either... i have mentioned what i know and have to say about the regime and how things work... but u guys can discuss about armoured vehicles and the queen and all this shit etc... fact of the matter is they will do what they want... and the common man will have to sit and watch it like a sitcom or more like a tragedy..

but the point that its too late now to get 50 down.. yes i have to agree with that.. but it doesn't mean that our people will not do it if had the chance.

Edited by charitha19

Stop the shit, u r suffering from a superior mental complexation. So have u r time mate go and speak to a psychatrist. OK now i get wht type of person u r kiddy :D say what ever u want nobody is gonna give a crap :D

You can add 'delusional' to his many mental problems. Mr. Verbal Diarrhea believes that he knows the inside information about what the govt wants to do and the decisions they make. He still hasn't figured out that this 50 Rolls Royces imported for CHOGM is only a rumor and nothing more. Poor fellow must have missed the last few appointments with his psychiatrist. No wonder almost everyone ignores him.

A bullet resistant window can be rolled down. A bullet proof window generally cannot and is fixed in place, although some new designs can be rolled down a few centimeters to allow for the exchange of letters, files etc.

BTW, an armored Range Rover was used on the Queens visit to Northern Ireland.

image_update_ea20ca4b085803df_1340708627

1305766571-queen-elizabeth-ii-attends-st

You can add 'delusional' to his many mental problems. Mr. Verbal Diarrhea believes that he knows the inside information about what the govt wants to do and the decisions they make. He still hasn't figured out that this 50 Rolls Royces imported for CHOGM is only a rumor and nothing more. Poor fellow must have missed the last few appointments with his psychiatrist. No wonder almost everyone ignores him.

just because i am bored.. i already agreed several times that its too late for them think about importing them.. u are delusional to think if they had the slightest chance that they will not do it... dont talk without knowing things...spending ur life in US is ok and i am all for that.. but without knowing the ground situation dont open your mouth please...

in case u didnt know this is the country that closed down its main financial hub a day in advance just because they want to have a road race around the main city.. now some friends of mine also took part but what is wrong is what is wrong...

Edited by charitha19
  • Like 1

ok whoever and what ever they have brought it for, now theres a new rolls in SL.Many say its prestige, and some says it was imported for the unconfirmed event the CHOGM.

Anybody with brains what this regime isbut nobody wud keep commenting about that and ruin the car forum.

ok whoever and what ever they have brought it for, now theres a new rolls in SL.Many say its prestige, and some says it was imported for the unconfirmed event the CHOGM. Anybody with brains what this regime isbut nobody wud keep commenting about that and ruin the car forum.

well i think the wisdom of you and cali has pointed out that its not for the event.. so i guess its a private sale.. good for the bugger who bought it then...

Yes it can be rolled down...the point was it doesn't matter if it is resistant or not if the window is going to be rolled down. the pics from Northern Ireland are a lot thicker than the ones from Aus....the amount of deflection and the bordering of the glass is a dead give away in the case of the glass being resistant :)

and I haven't yet seen glass that is actually 100% bullet proof (ie withstand multiple shots with a multiple range of guns) thus making them just another higher grade resistance glass..but then again I am not an expert at the varied transparent ballistic materials :) so it is just a comment...

A bullet resistant window can be rolled down. A bullet proof window generally cannot and is fixed in place, although some new designs can be rolled down a few centimeters to allow for the exchange of letters, files etc.