• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Became A Owner Of Peugeot

kumaras

Hi Friends,

Want to share with you my joy that I became a owner of Peugeot 406. I searched for couple of months to find a good one as I have many times gone through Autolanka advices which guided me a lot in the event ,didn't bother you with new post " buying advice" ,though .

My sincere gratitutes for the members for your valuable inputs.

Mine is D8-1999 BN , and really enjoying the ride after travelling morethan 1500 km in one week time ,with two long distance to A'pura and downsouth. will KIT with the forum as usual .

Thanks again.

Sounds good. I've never really liked most newer french cars, but I do fondly remember a 406 estate that my friend had of this model, back in England. It seemed like a really good deal, and was kitted out with almost everything imaginable. Hope you can turn this in to a progress thread in the future, it'll be very beneficial to those thinking of taking the Euro plunge! :)

post-27857-0-85551200-1355309850_thumb.jTrying to upload a photo,taken with phone camera

Looks good indeed. I too learned a lot from the Auto Lanka forum when I wanted a Peugeot and was bombarded with negative comments from the so called "car experts" who run car sales. I've enjoyed the ride for nearly 3 years now, and hope to continue for the foreseeable future. Welcome to the club.!

• Like 1

Welcome on board to the fabulous world of Peugeot. Its a nice D8 you got there mate, a very rare beauty it seems.

What's the engine it got? 1.8 L6A with 8 valves or the 16v version? Seems like this is the glx with full options including auto wipers.

Rule of thumb in using / owning a Peugeot (even other euros) is thst don't let those makabasses mess around with it to learn

Edited by harshansenadhir
  • Like 1

Congrats kumaras, that's a lovely car you've got there.

406s are brilliant value for money at the moment, a hell of a lot of car for not a lot of cash.. Heck, a corolla 110 is more expensive than a loaded D9 nowadays!

Best of luck with her!

Congrats!...Now build a shrine for the almighty puglord harshansenadhira and worship it day and night,for he shall be your savior now.

nah.. :P

he got a nice D8 which is usually robust and trouble free than face lifted D9. If the engine is L6A, that's a one hell of a robust engine in the entire series and parts are also cheap.

Now shut up and get back into your rust buckets :P

Hi dear friends,

I was out of reach of mails/webs yesterday and seeing them now. Wooow, I can't just imagine the feedback and genuine interest shown in my post. I have no words to express my gratitute for you all being such friendly and supportive.

In response to Harshan, our Peugeot expert, it is 1.8 L and not sure about the engine type.will get back with details on that.

Cheers,

KS

• Like 1