• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Manual Transmission Fluid

kmcsb

im going to replze my MTF for the first time after i bought it....its already done 160,000kms...so what grade and viscostiy u prefer...do i need to replze with honda MTF fluid or any ???

also mine eg8 94 JDM single carb

I need to know wht are the part number for Belts also..eg- timing,AC....

i heard mitushuba ..will they ok??

should i replze geniune Honda timing belts or can i use mitushba ones also..plz help guys.....

wht abut water pumps???

its very useful if u knows prices of each ones......

im going to use 15w-40 mobil1 for my next service with vic filter...is it ok no...

1.Use the genuine Honda factory manual transmission oil. None of the other brands would give you the same shift feel or the smoothness. I know this as I have tried this myself. Some say use 40w engine oil, but it is all up to you.

2.Call Stafford motors or Teck (spelling) motors mate. They'll give you all the details you need.

3.With timing belt, I'd stick with genuine stuff. Bit pricey, but it is something that will last another 100K. Having said that, I know a lot of people who use after market timing belts and still haven't heard of any failures. So it all depends on how much you are willing to spend.

4. If you are getting the timing belt changed, always do the water pump at the same time. Also check and replace oil seals,etc. Don't forget to replace the t-belt tensioner too mate.

5. Oil selection is fine. To be honest, a genuine honda filter wouldn't cost you any more then a vic filter.. (based on 2008 prices, so things may have changed since then). I have use VIC filters a few time myself without any dramas.

4. Don't replace any other belts if they are still in good condition-money down the drain.

Cheers.

im going to replze my MTF for the first time after i bought it....its already done 160,000kms...so what grade and viscostiy u prefer...do i need to replze with honda MTF fluid or any ???

Mate... i'm about to fall off the chair laughing... man i just cant sstoppp,,.la.. ha ha ha RO frakin FL..

1.Use the genuine Honda factory manual transmission oil. None of the other brands would give you the same shift feel or the smoothness. I know this as I have tried this myself. Some say use 40w engine oil, but it is all up to you.

2.Call Stafford motors or Teck (spelling) motors mate. They'll give you all the details you need.

3.With timing belt, I'd stick with genuine stuff. Bit pricey, but it is something that will last another 100K. Having said that, I know a lot of people who use after market timing belts and still haven't heard of any failures. So it all depends on how much you are willing to spend.

4. If you are getting the timing belt changed, always do the water pump at the same time. Also check and replace oil seals,etc. Don't forget to replace the t-belt tensioner too mate.

5. Oil selection is fine. To be honest, a genuine honda filter wouldn't cost you any more then a vic filter.. (based on 2008 prices, so things may have changed since then). I have use VIC filters a few time myself without any dramas.

4. Don't replace any other belts if they are still in good condition-money down the drain.

Cheers.

thank machan very useful..machan i askd from agents and they given mea 2l og honda MTF.. i asked them about weight and viscosity but they didin know and not even displyed on a bottole also..so im little bit confussed...so i came back..the bottle seems like this

38197d1301209311-amsoil-redline-mtf-hondamtf.jpg

9142935_w640_h640_05012012035.jpg

if im buying an anoter product of MTF wht weight should i go with????? as i said mine does 160,000kms.... will high W doing less fuel as well?? so mate wht d u think???

Edited by kmcsb

The weight is exactly where the problem is. Everyone recommends viscosities from 75w-80/90w as they are the normal viscosities used in many manual transmissions. However, I found out the hard way that those viscosities could really affect the shift quality. Spoke to my mechanic who works at Stafford and he told me to switch back the Honda fluids. Problem solved.. :)

Well, I can't really tell you exactly what weight you should use with different products. Stick with the OEM and you should be just fine..What is the price difference? Don't really know if a higher weight gearbox oil would affect your fuel consumption. That is sometimes the case with thicker engine oil though. The difference however is so minute that it is negligible.

Cheers.

Edited by GearHead