• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Wont Start Please Help

abiman

Hello,

My car is toyota CE110 and has 2c engine with mechanical injector pump.

I drove this car from home to office for about 100km on monday morning and parked there. Today night I tried to start (after 2.5days) but only starter motor works and engine wont kik in.

I tried to start many times but same thing happens.

so far I never had engine issue and car always starts with in 2 seconds even after kept it parked for over five days and tried to start early morning.

Now it seems like starter motor rotates engine but engine wont start.

heater lights comes up and turn off as usual.

please help me to diagnose.

thank for help.

The 'heat light' tuning off doesn't not always mean the heater plugs are good.One faulty plug is all that is needed to cause a problem, especially with the chilly weather we're having these days....try connecting a direct wire from the battery to the plugs for a few seconds and start the car immediately after.

As MasterDons, diagnosis I feel that can be the main cause.

I will like to suggest one more thing. Pour diesel 50% mixed with kerosine 50 %. Mixture about three ounces to your intake of the throttle by removing the air filter connecting hose,then operate the starter motor the engine should start. If the Engine starts and stop within few seconds there can be a fuel starvation to the cylinders.

Get a diesel mechanic to check up your fuel pump and and other related to fuel supply system, to inspect they are in order.

Battery should be good 80% charge for all above testing.

Please inform the forum if the problem persist. Try to help you out.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Hi thanks all for help. I managed to start car. Still I have questions.

Because most of votes are for heater plugs, I have disconnected heater plugs from their copper wire/[bar] and measured resistances.

I measured all of them have around 1 ohm. So I thought heater plugs are ok.

Then as soon as heater light goes off, I tried to touch plugs and see whether I can feel heat. I did managed to feel burning heat near one plug, but others had no detectable heat!

Then I tried to manually operate pump on diesel filter and then tried to start and never worked. when I'm operating pump I heard some "chuoos" sound near injector pump.

then I disconnected fuel out line from diesel filter and when I operate pump diesel came out from this outlet.

after connecting diesel line I tried to start car and it never did for some time. then suddenly engine started and died with in 10 seconds.

then some help came and he just operated diesel pump thing for about 20 seconds (I did it over 3min earlier) and now car works fine.

So please help me to figure out what was wrong and what needed to be replaced.

and also I would like to know where the electric diesel pump located in this car. (if it has one!)