• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Peugeot 206

ireshlk

Question

Hello every one, im new to this forum :-)

Im hoping to buy a peugeot 206, and im very new to this field having very little knowledge about vehicles. so ill be very gladful if any one experienced with peugeot 206 can share their ideas and suggestions.

Im willing to know,

1. Average price of the Car - Through searching in the AutoLanka, i have found cars varying from 11 to 16.

2. Flue cost - i did call to few people and many says its about 15km/L, through i have no idea about this.

3. Parts availability and maintenance cost.

And at last, is it okay to select this type of vehicle, if it is okay, please mention the necessary things i have to check before buying an second hand peugeot vehicle.

Thank you very much,

7 answers to this question

http://forum.autolan...l=+peugeot +206

This is good but very little of information,

because of the less popularity of those european cars, its very hard to find ppl actually know about those vehicles, Different ppl give different answers,

some say flue economy is about 13-18 and others say its 12-8.

Any help will be appropriated.

Thank you

Well Dude.. This car is being used by one of friend of mine. What i will do it, will leave you a PM indicating his correspondence. You can mail him & ask about this car & if i am not mistaken since 2 years this car is being used by him without any issues. Cheers!!

Check your PMz

http://forum.autolan...l=+peugeot +206

This is good but very little of information,

because of the less popularity of those european cars, its very hard to find ppl actually know about those vehicles, Different ppl give different answers,

some say flue economy is about 13-18 and others say its 12-8.

Any help will be appropriated.

Thank you

1. If you read the posts in that thread you'd see that the very first reply had mentioned the FUEL(that is how you spell it btw) consumption. That was for an Automatic gearbox however, the Manual will usually do between 9 and 11 in the city and 14-15 outside but it all depends on driving style.
  2. The price range you mentioned sounds about right depending on number, condition etc.
  3. Parts are available from a couple of importers in colombo and there are two or three very good independent workshops that specialize in Peugeots.

But first of all, figure out why exactly you're buying the 206; only buy it if you understand that European cars will in general require a bit more care and attention from their owners and really will not respond well to being used like bullock carts the way Toyotas etc do. By your own admission you do not have a lot of knowledge about vehicles, thats fine but the question you need to ask yourself is, do you have the time/interest to learn about them and make them an interest/hobby?

If your answer to the above is no, then you'll be much better off buying a Japanese car of some kind (or perhaps a Maruti or something in the price range). The 206 will only work for you if you're willing to get invested in it and make sure you take good care of it.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Also, while the mechanicals of the 206 is solid, the interior plastics were not of as high quality as other pugs of that generation and didn't always age well. If you are buying one I'd pay close attention to the interior.

Also the AL4 auto boxes have some known issues, particularly when the car was not used very regularly.

Thank you Praboda Fernando, ill contact him for more details.

and Supra_Natural thank you for the advise, and i think that i have time and interest for the cars, im going to use this car for office transportation, no heavy work of course, so im bit of doubt about, "Is this the right car for me" thing, my total investment will be around 15-20, so can you please give me some advise on this issue.

Thank you The Don, for your advise