• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Crv (2013)

kush

I am considering this vehicle (brand new from the agent) and would like to have feedback on the following from any members who has experience in the vehicle,

Ride and Handling

Economy (city / outside)

Reliability, any kown issues that i should be concern.

I know it is fairly a new model, any info relating even for the old model might be useful as basically to my knowledge it has the same engine and drive train.

I am considering this vehicle (brand new from the agent) and would like to have feedback on the following from any members who has experience in the vehicle,

Ride and Handling

Economy (city / outside)

Reliability, any kown issues that i should be concern.

I know it is fairly a new model, any info relating even for the old model might be useful as basically to my knowledge it has the same engine and drive train.

Weren't you talking about buying the sorento a few days back?

A close friend of mine got a RE-4 (AWD model) as soon as it came out (mind you this is in Japan is the JDM version notsure if the export model has any differences). Driven it a few times and feels a lot heavier than the RD 4/5/6/7 (2002-2006/7 model) series but feels a lot more stable and has a lot less body roll. Dad has a 2007 RE now (in SL) and I would say it is somewhat and almost comparable (maybe a tad more lighter...it is just one of those driving feels that you can't actually put your finger on). feels very plush...only thing I hate is (well looking beyond its looks)...it is heavy and feels some what cumbersome to drive in heavy traffic (don't get me wrong..though it feels heavy and lazy the damn thing can go like a bat out of hell..)and poor rear visibility for a car of its size.

Fuel consumption wise....the RE-4 comes in a 2.4 ltr engine. When I drove it the range meter showed 9-10 klm/l and even at times 11;but overall friend claims he gets on average 8-9 (compared to my RAV which I get around 7-8) and on the highway about 13-14 (vs. 12-13 for my RAV4)...

As with most other cars of its type; don't take it serious off-roading :D

Known issues....I know Honda asked him to bring the unit over for some inspection (electrical connector and some kind of bushings) but nothing was changed and was just a precautionary inspection. Apart from that the unit has only 4000+ kms so it really hasn't been used that much for any long running "problems" to prop up.

Personally, the last CR-V I truly loved as the very very first model the RD-2 and RD-1 series.

just curious, the CRV sold by the agents, does it have the same engine as the JDM version?

No idea...probably ? The JDM comes with either a 2.0L SOHC or 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC engine....SL agent's web site the picture of the engine says 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC engine but the specifications sheet only refers to a 2.0L SOHC i-VTEC engine...that is water cooled :)

Looking at the JDM site, one other recall is for the door latch which apparently needs re-adjustment :)

http://www.honda.co.jp/recall/120719_2978.html

Edited by iRage

Thanks iRage, I’m in fact looking at the RM

Agents have only the 2.0 in stock, they will get down the 2.4 ordered but with the higher duty and the price the difference against the 2.0 will not be justified.

Your info in the km/l is what was claimed by the agents (at least they are honest).

Agents have only the 2.0 in stock, they will get down the 2.4 ordered but with the higher duty and the price the difference against the 2.0 will not be justified.

Hmmm...the price difference between the 2WD and AWD over here is about 2500-3000 USD; I guess you add all the duties and taxes in SL it ends up being close to a 10K-12K price difference between the two ?

Your info in the km/l is what was claimed by the agents (at least they are honest).

As for the km/l; when my friend gets that fuel mileage; we live in a city that is not that heavy on traffic (well not most of the time) and overall the petrol over here is really good. but then my dad who lives in Colombo and gets stuck in traffic quite a lot still gets close to 8......interesting....an honest car dealer ? or maybe an honest car ?

Weren't you talking about buying the sorento a few days back?

Yes but with the yen rate @ 1.35-1.36 the price of Japs have come down is now more or less in par with the Korians

When you factor the reliability, aftersale, resale value it make sense to look at Japs now