• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Click Noice

sira

Guys

I hear little click noise when i release the clutch after shit 1st gear to 2nd gear. Or press and release the clutch on 1st or 2nd gear.

I did small test. Lift the left front wheel and change the gear to 1. When i turn the wheel (it gets stopped and this in first gear) i can hear that click sound. There is play.

The CV joint and inbound joint are in good condition. Re-grease them few months back and replace the boots too.

Will this noise coming from the gear box differential side?

This is EXi 98 and i noticed this issue with Exi 2000 model too. is this common issue with the model?

Few Honda mechanics said this is normal. How true is this?

sira

Anybody know how to fix differential pinion backlash

Edited by sira

Thanks.

I googled this issue . i called differential backlash. Just thinking to replace the gear oil, cox it was never replaced

let you know the feed back

sira

I have changed the gear box oil too.. but that sound is still there... and that sound comes for reverse gear as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I replaced all pully belts today by my self. while doing this i had to remove one of engine mount which near the main pully. it was totally damadged. i replaced with new one . now i can see there is less backlash noice comming on this car.

get it checked your one also.

sira

Edited by sira

I replaced all pully belts today by my self. while doing this i had to remove one of engine mount which near the main pully. it was totally damadged. i replaced with new one . now i can see there is less backlash noice comming on this car.

get it checked your one also.

sira

You mean the left side front mount? U shaped mount? Where did you buy the new one geniune or thailand and the cost?

That U shaped mount is also not in good condition in mine as well, but I checked a few weeks ago in Teck they told me around 2800 as I remember but it is Malaysian or thailand I dont remember exactly. They didnt have genuine or any Japanese one

But is there a point of replacing such rubber things like mounts with Thailand or Malaysian ones? Will it last long?