• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2004 Suzuki Alto (Ha23S) Atf Type

CJ5

Question

Could any of you Experts please advice me on the type of ATF ( ie. DexronII or III, SPII or SPIII etc etc) that is originally recommended or suitable for the 2004 Suzuki Alto Japanese model HA23S? The dipstick does not give any clue nor is there any sticker in the engine bay/ gear box, giving any clue.

Anyone?

Edited by CJ5

8 answers to this question

Seems difficult to find the exact answer.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/9748-suzuki-alto-atf-type/

Few suggestions.

• Please check with A M W Kitulwatta workshop. If you can visit there it is better rather than inquiring over the phone as they are bit lazy to answer the phone . I have seen that they have some Alto manuals (for Japanese models) at their spare parts counter for their official use. (Also they have some genuine Japanese parts for Japanese Alto models). So I guess they may have the exact detail you are looking for. Please try. (Previously I owned a Japanese Alto HA11S)
  • Also try with Google using engine model number.
  • Also try with Google using words “Mazda Carol” (rebadged Alto HA23.)
  • Try with any reputed service station as HA23S is a very common model here.
Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Thanks Sampath for all the info!!

BTW

Isn't that Ford Prefect a late 50s early60s than a 1980??????

Edited by CJ5

I'm guessing he means that 1980 was the year he/his family first got it.

OK! That makes sense and explains it!

Could any of you Experts please advice me on the type of ATF ( ie. DexronII or III, SPII or SPIII etc etc) that is originally recommended or suitable for the 2004 Suzuki Alto Japanese model HA23S? The dipstick does not give any clue nor is there any sticker in the engine bay/ gear box, giving any clue.

Anyone?

Go to A*W in Kitulwatte road as Sampath's advice. They have Suzuki branded oil or BP ATF which is a lot cheaper but is suitable for Suzuki auto boxes (at least for HT51S Swift). Their prices are reasonable.

Make sure you mention that your car was made in Japan not India.

Thanks Sampath for all the info!!

BTW

Isn't that Ford Prefect a late 50s early60s than a 1980??????

I'm guessing he means that 1980 was the year he/his family first got it.

Yes, Supra is correct. She was with us 1980 -1983 and in 2005 I saw it is in mint condition while passing Kurunegala. :smilie_liebe9:

Go to A*W in Kitulwatte road as Sampath's advice. They have Suzuki branded oil or BP ATF which is a lot cheaper but is suitable for Suzuki auto boxes (at least for HT51S Swift). Their prices are reasonable.

Make sure you mention that your car was made in Japan not India.

Yes, you mention that it is Japanese Alto HA23S and your requirement is ATF.

As far as I know, no Automatic transmission in Indian Alto up to now.

As far as I know, among old Mariti Suzuki models, only Maruti 800 (1st generation) & Maruti Zen had Automatic versions. (Now A/T is available with A-Star, Ritz...)

CJ5, Anyway as you are a Jap Alto owner, just visit following link too. :)

http://www.s-alto.jp/history/

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

The Don and Sampath,

Thanks guys. I went to Kitulwatta and checked up with their Service Engineer and the type is "Dexron III" ATF for the 2004 Jap Alto HA23S.