• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw 320D E90

sampathd

Question

Hi All,

My better half has set her sights on a beemer 320D. Car looks nice and seems well maintained and has around 15K on the clock.

One thing that worries me is the run flats. Not having a spare is a worry for me. And I hear RFT's are expensive. Can they not be repaired at all??

Also, I heard the stated service intervals are liek 30K. Is that even possible? And does that work in a country like ours with the dust?

I know this sounds like a rambling. But appreciate any feedback from 320D E90 owners. I've owned European cars before but never a beemer. So appreciate the feedback from those who have.

9 answers to this question

mate I don't know much about the E90 but as for most of Euro cars and their long service intervals, when driven in SL better service them at shorter intervals than manufacturers' recommendations, as the local road and driving conditions make the cars rack up much more "engine mileage" compared to the actual "road mileage".

I'd say if the recommended service interval is 30k, better service them at 15-20k

I doubt the service intervals are at 30k, more like every 10k miles. And yes the RFTs are repairable (though not recommended by the manufacturer) if the side wall is not broken.

Edited by madmax

Usually BMW services go by service indicator however the agents recommend service every year or 8000 km for diesels. Routine service cost approximately Rs. 28,000/-. This is what they told me for the 320d (F10) and X3. Since it is the same engine most probably it will be the case for the 320d (E90) as well.

They are getting down 320d (F10) for the permit and cost is around Rs. 7.4 Mn. If you add 1-1.5 Mn. for the permit cost will be around Rs. 8.4-8.9 Mn. This car is bigger and has better specs including Alloy Wheels, Climate control, 8 speed auto against 6 speed, i-drive with 6.5 inch display so the prices of E90 bound to come down in prices.

Hi All,

My better half has set her sights on a beemer 320D. Car looks nice and seems well maintained and has around 15K on the clock.

One thing that worries me is the run flats. Not having a spare is a worry for me. And I hear RFT's are expensive. Can they not be repaired at all??

Also, I heard the stated service intervals are liek 30K. Is that even possible? And does that work in a country like ours with the dust?

I know this sounds like a rambling. But appreciate any feedback from 320D E90 owners. I've owned European cars before but never a beemer. So appreciate the feedback from those who have.

RF tires can be repaired.

I would advise you to google "BMW 320D N47 engine" and read about the inherent problem these units have with the timing chains. It would be useful to know, especially in the event you decide to use it beyond the warranty period

I believe the timing chain issue affects engines made before 1/3/2011 so if thats the case one of the later 320ds should be all right.

Around the 7 mill. Which is too much in my opinion, given the price the B/N one is trading for. I would say 5.8 - 6.2 should be a good buy (as it is an absolute basic model)

Slightly out of topic, how much would a good condition 2007 model E60 trade for? a 525 for example. Saw a few 2004 530i's going for around 5.4