• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Ck2 A/c

dingy

Guys the blower works but the works on and off...then it starts to work again once u accelerate and go a bit fast why is that

Feel it's a faulty or looseconnection in electrical system. is it happen when the ac switch on or off time ?

Guys the blower works but the works on and off...then it starts to work again once u accelerate and go a bit fast why is that

Does your car have an automatic climate control system? If you do it regulates the speed of the blower

there might be several root causes. you are the one who can identify the way (exact steps) to recreate the problem.

for ex:

in ur above post u have said that "then it starts to work again once u accelerate and go a bit fast why is that".

then try to identify the pattern. to start to work again if it is just enough to rev up the rpm without moving the car

or do u really need to move the vehicle fast to start to work it again.

in second case , that might be problem related to condenser or condenser cooling system (fan). when we travel faster counter moments of wind help to remove the heat from condenser.

in first case , there might be problem in compressor or related part.

if just open the shutters enough to work it again then it might be a problem in temperature control unit.

there might be several others.......................

in here i am not trying to draw the conclusion , just brought up some examples.

Edited by MV-5

I re-gassed the a/c no problemup to now.....and thnx a lot for your feed back

I see, now I understand what you were trying to say in your first post. Basically with rotary type compressors the amount of pressure produced is relative to the speed at which the compressor is spun which is relative to engine revs. So even under standard conditions you might notice a cooling power increase as your car revs up.

In your case with the low gas situation you only got enough compression at high revs, hence why cooling was coming on when you rev the engine up and off when the engine settled back into lower revs

Also what is the fuel consumption of this car mine does between 8-9

Sounds normal particularly if you drive a lot in traffic. Can probably improve this a bit by being light on the accelerator particularly if you have the DOHC engine, as at around 3000 rpm the cam lobes will switch to a more aggressive profile which will consume more fuel.