• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Efficient Car Below 1.5M

blackbox

Question

Hi guys,

I recently joined this forum, i have read some topics and was very happy to be here where so much of information has been shared here and so much of helping ppl..

I'm trying to buy my first car, and im a newbie to vehicles...so looking for a good car which is fuel efficient and which does not give so much of trouble and no issues w.r.t. parts. My budget is very tight which is Rs. 1.5M...

So would like to know ur valuable comments and info for me to buy my first car....

What i look for...

1) Fuel efficient

2) No regular breakdown

3) Less/ no shortage of parts

Thanks all in advance...

Edited by blackbox

Ok guys.....thanks for all your great inputs....so jus to list down all what you said....pl tell me what is good for me to buy out of what you all have mentioned.

Toyota AE100

Honda Civic Ek3

CK2 Lancer

Suzuki Baleno

Mitsubishi lancer cb8

Which is the best for what fuel, comfort and less maintenance issues..

Jus wanna know also what you think about Ford Laser and Hyundai Accent and Elantra....

Id go for a Suzuki Baleno

Spares are all available in A*W

and they are not too expensive as well. body parts are a bit hard to find but not impossible

the car does around 10-12kmpl

if you want to play it 100% safe. go for a bulletproof AE100 with a EFI engine.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="blackbox" data-cid="238077" data-time="1366514825"><p>

Ok guys.....thanks for all your great inputs....so jus to list down all what you said....pl tell me what is good for me to buy out of what you all have mentioned.<br />

<br />

Toyota AE100 <br />

Honda Civic Ek3<br />

CK2 Lancer<br />

Suzuki Baleno<br />

Mitsubishi lancer cb8<br />

<br />

Which is the best for what fuel, comfort and less maintenance issues..<br />

<br />

Jus wanna know also what you think about Ford Laser and Hyundai Accent and Elantra....</p></blockquote>

i thought you wanted a highly fuel efficient car. why are you eve thinking of elantra and laser?

i personally wouldnt touch a corolla or civic. owners tend to molest them a lot and the chances of you landing with a lemon is very high. in any case take someone who knows those cars.inside out? when u go for inspection.

i like to add one more to the list. dont be surprised but the chinese car Geely 2007 or later model can be bought for 15 or less. its got the same engine as corolla so it is efficient and chinese parts are dirt cheap. only trouble is the resale value. think about this too.

Ok guys.....thanks for all your great inputs....so jus to list down all what you said....pl tell me what is good for me to buy out of what you all have mentioned.

Toyota AE100

Honda Civic Ek3

CK2 Lancer

Suzuki Baleno

Mitsubishi lancer cb8

Which is the best for what fuel, comfort and less maintenance issues..

Jus wanna know also what you think about Ford Laser and Hyundai Accent and Elantra....

ok if i were you i will search for a Manual AE100.

if you go for a sunday hunting will meet you some SE LIMITED ones with 300 or 301 number. if it has maintained well good car good km\pl & good re sale value.

or search for a EK3....

If you can push you budget to about 1.65-1.7 mil, I would recomend for you to go for a Lancer CS model. from my personal experiance I can gurentee you on good fuel economy and good handling. This will give you an option of having a relatively new car which (2001-2002) for the rice you pay with a lower milage. You can cross check and details of a certain car with the agents they are kind enough to give info if you request them.

Do not worry about the spareparts and maintanance because it is a Market myth. I recomend you to go for a CS2 or a CS3 manual.

If you interested I can give you further details of the model.

If you cannot streach your budget, CK2 is still a good option. you can find 1999-2001 manufactured cars for that price. just check if they are Indian made or Japanies made.