• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Efficient Car Below 1.5M

blackbox

Question

Hi guys,

I recently joined this forum, i have read some topics and was very happy to be here where so much of information has been shared here and so much of helping ppl..

I'm trying to buy my first car, and im a newbie to vehicles...so looking for a good car which is fuel efficient and which does not give so much of trouble and no issues w.r.t. parts. My budget is very tight which is Rs. 1.5M...

So would like to know ur valuable comments and info for me to buy my first car....

What i look for...

1) Fuel efficient

2) No regular breakdown

3) Less/ no shortage of parts

Thanks all in advance...

Edited by blackbox

1. > AE100, Alto

2. > FB14, EK3

3. > FB14

Does Nissan cars have fuel efficiency issues...

And jus wanna know whether the most fuel efficient cars are from Toyota and Honda....is it so?

What about cars from Hyundai and Mitshubishi

Edited by blackbox

Does Nissan cars have fuel efficiency issues...

And jus wanna know whether the most fuel efficient cars are from Toyota and Honda....is it so?

What about cars from Hyundai and Mitshubishi

Nissan FB13 manual gear is a good fuel efficient car, but FB14 and FB15 Auto gear cars are horrible on fuel. Max you can get on FB15 auto gear is 8Km/L. FB14 is little better than FB15 in-terms of fuel. But again, go for manual gear one if you are concern about fuel.

Toyota AE 100 is a very good car, if you can find a good condition one. I will give you good fuel efficiency. My friend is having it and he claims that he get 10Km/L in Colombo and 15Km/L in outstation.

Hyundai Accent is better fuel efficient than FB14, Manual Hyundai Accent will do 14Km/L for long distance. For Colombo it will do 10Km/L. or max 11 Km/L

• Like 1

I do not know whether you are interested in Peugeots.... :sad-smiley-067:

Peugeot 206

Peugeot 306

also come under your budget..... :sad-smiley-067:

I like it but does it give a good fuel efficiency...

And thanks all for great info.....would like to know more if can be given...thanks..

I like it but does it give a good fuel efficiency...

And thanks all for great info.....would like to know more if can be given...thanks..

I think EFI versions would do around 9-10 kmpl in city for the engine size 1360 cc. I have used these models but I did not calculate the consumption correctly... :speechless-smiley-006:

Anyway you can check other Pug fans in the forum. :music-smiley-010:

2 cars that will meet all your requiremnts i would suggent is the

Toyota Corolla AE100

and the

Honda Civic EK3

I most like the Honda EK3...is it this one u r referring...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=115983

Noob question does the same model (lets say Honda Civic EK3) have different YOM...wht i meant is does the same model come with different features/ modification in diff years....

I most like the Honda EK3...is it this one u r referring...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=115983

Noob question does the same model (lets say Honda Civic EK3) have different YOM...wht i meant is does the same model come with different features/ modification in diff years....

Yeap that is the EK3

u could find a 1995 model for that price bracket

And yes, there are 2 EK3 models. 1998 there is a facelifr model with rear crystal lights

and both models get different grades as Exi, Vti Vi-Rs and so on. which means different trim levels and different engines as well.

if your budget is 1.5M the one you can get is the 1995-1996 model Exi

If fuel economy is your only concern and nothing else, look for a Maruti Esteem. You can get hold of a one with a K-number for your budget and maintenance is very cheap. Build quality is not too bad compared to other indian cars like Tata Indigo. You may face some difficulty in resale value of it.

Another option is Suzuki Baleno. Thats also a lovely car that does well on fuel.

Hi guys,

I recently joined this forum, i have read some topics and was very happy to be here where so much of information has been shared here and so much of helping ppl..

I'm trying to buy my first car, and im a newbie to vehicles...so looking for a good car which is fuel efficient and which does not give so much of trouble and no issues w.r.t. parts. My budget is very tight which is Rs. 1.5M...

So would like to know ur valuable comments and info for me to buy my first car....

What i look for...

1) Fuel efficient

2) No regular breakdown

3) Less/ no shortage of parts

Thanks all in advance...

mitsubishi lancer cb8 ( diesel)

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crosswind" data-cid="238048" data-time="1366464394"><p>

If fuel economy is your only concern and nothing else, look for a Maruti Esteem. You can get hold of a one with a K-number for your budget and maintenance is very cheap. Build quality is not too bad compared to other indian cars like Tata Indigo. You may face some difficulty in resale value of it.<br />

<br />

Another option is Suzuki Baleno. Thats also a lovely car that does well on fuel.<br />

</p></blockquote>

Thumbs up for the Baleno!

OP - I'v got one and it does 11-12km/l in city. Resale value would be a bit of a problem, but if u can find a well maintained one, u will not regret as it is well within ur budget. Good luck mate!

Go for a manual no issues at all...... :medium-smiley-037:

actually i agree with him. i've had 3 fb14's and manual or not they all are troublesome cars. maybe they are showing there age.

and its mostly because of our people haven't properly maintain them.

actually i agree with him. i've had 3 fb14's and manual or not they all are troublesome cars. maybe they are showing there age.

and its mostly because of our people haven't properly maintain them.

apart from that it's really a bullet-proof car...but the old mechanicsm parts starting to show age as you said..and the car is pretty damn heavy,i would feel the metal inside,but a comfortable drive no way sporty.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crosswind" data-cid="238048" data-time="1366464394"><p>

If fuel economy is your only concern and nothing else, look for a Maruti Esteem. You can get hold of a one with a K-number for your budget and maintenance is very cheap. Build quality is not too bad compared to other indian cars like Tata Indigo. You may face some difficulty in resale value of it.<br />

<br />

Another option is Suzuki Baleno. Thats also a lovely car that does well on fuel.<br />

</p></blockquote>

Thumbs up for the Baleno!

OP - I'v got one and it does 11-12km/l in city. Resale value would be a bit of a problem, but if u can find a well maintained one, u will not regret as it is well within ur budget. Good luck mate!

Thanks bro....highly appreciate your input...

Ok guys.....thanks for all your great inputs....so jus to list down all what you said....pl tell me what is good for me to buy out of what you all have mentioned.

Toyota AE100

Honda Civic Ek3

CK2 Lancer

Suzuki Baleno

Mitsubishi lancer cb8

Which is the best for what fuel, comfort and less maintenance issues..

Jus wanna know also what you think about Ford Laser and Hyundai Accent and Elantra....

Ok guys.....thanks for all your great inputs....so jus to list down all what you said....pl tell me what is good for me to buy out of what you all have mentioned.

Toyota AE100

Honda Civic Ek3

CK2 Lancer

Suzuki Baleno

Mitsubishi lancer cb8

Which is the best for what fuel, comfort and less maintenance issues..

Jus wanna know also what you think about Ford Laser and Hyundai Accent and Elantra....

for hyndai, ford, kia spares may be difficult to find

civic ........... i really doubt about the fuel efficiency

we own a lancer cb 8 for 19 year

does 10 city, outstation 13-15 depending on the driving

except the manual gear box, other spares are easily found

ae100 may also be a good option

if you do a good search, even an ae110, for your price

• Like 1