• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Automatic Transmission - Gear Issue

tilvin

Dear Friends,

My brother has a Nissan Wingroad Y10 automatic car. When it runs in "D" mode, it is running with small hesitation in startup. But when speeds up gears are changing and moving. But when change the Gear to "1" possition, gear not engaging at all. When we change to position "2" it is engaging. Where we need to check to make "1" working. Because when climbing some slopes from the stop, it is really difficult. Pls assist.

Tks.....

Does the reverse work without any issue?

YES. Reverse "R" works without issue. It is engaging properly.

Is it possible that you have a contact issue on the lever because by the sounds of it the auto box seems to be ok. Can you see 1 light up on the dashboard when you move the lever there?

In Dashboard it lights up "1", but not engaging at all.

Looks like an electronic issue to me. Anyway your gearbox starts from 2nd since 1st does not get engage for some reason. Best is to get it checked through an expert as using the car this way isn't good for the internal clutch packs.

If the reverse too does not engage then I could've suspect the Hub/piston which is responsible for 1st/reverse is gone. But since the reverse works, I tend to suspect this is a software or wiring related issue.