• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 504

racerboy

Hi dear memebers

Just got hands on a Peugeot 504... 6 Sri GL model ( All 4 disks).. It needs a bit of work.. like door locks, bit of corrosion, Door upholstery boards and ofcourse the paint will need to be done up agian. will upload the pictures soon for you guys.. would it be possible to get good conditon door upholstery boards?

I had one sometime back with a Toyota Diesel engine which was in pretty good shape, when i was leaving for a job overseas i handed it to a friend to restore the car totally and only found it in ruins after two years.. saaaaddd.. it tore my heart apart when i saw the car.. anyways.. thought ill get another and here goes..

Any advice , thoughts are always welcome..

Hi dear memebers

Just got hands on a Peugeot 504... 6 Sri GL model ( All 4 disks).. It needs a bit of work.. like door locks, bit of corrosion, Door upholstery boards and ofcourse the paint will need to be done up agian. will upload the pictures soon for you guys.. would it be possible to get good conditon door upholstery boards?

I had one sometime back with a Toyota Diesel engine which was in pretty good shape, when i was leaving for a job overseas i handed it to a friend to restore the car totally and only found it in ruins after two years.. saaaaddd.. it tore my heart apart when i saw the car.. anyways.. thought ill get another and here goes..

Any advice , thoughts are always welcome..

WOW!!!!! What luck! The 504 is one of the most comfortable cars I've been in and still remember how the seats virtually wrap you in for the ride. I assume it has the original engine. If so I hope you are not considering any conversion. An uncle of mine has a 8sri car which he got B/N and used as the sec. of a ministry and got it when he went on retirement. Splendid condition and I am eyeing it as he is now on the verge of doing his finals!!!! ;)

Is yours the Summit model which the police also had ( late 6 sri- early 7 sri series) or is it the three meter model which were the early 70s models imported used, mainly from the UK?

The door upholstery boards would not be much of a problem to replace isn't it??? Most cars of that vintage just had the plain hard board as a base and the vinyl covering with a thin layer of sponge isn't it? There are quite a few places that would do it professionally but that place at Nawala would be the best going on personal experience.

You can also contact the peugeot owners club in the UK for assistance and advice. http://www.clubpeugeotuk.org/

Waiting for the photos and wish you all the very best in the restoration!!!! :)

WOW!!!!! What luck! The 504 is one of the most comfortable cars I've been in and still remember how the seats virtually wrap you in for the ride. I assume it has the original engine. If so I hope you are not considering any conversion. An uncle of mine has a 8sri car which he got B/N and used as the sec. of a ministry and got it when he went on retirement. Splendid condition and I am eyeing it as he is now on the verge of doing his finals!!!! ;)

Is yours the Summit model which the police also had ( late 6 sri- early 7 sri series) or is it the three meter model which were the early 70s models imported used, mainly from the UK?

The door upholstery boards would not be much of a problem to replace isn't it??? Most cars of that vintage just had the plain hard board as a base and the vinyl covering with a thin layer of sponge isn't it? There are quite a few places that would do it professionally but that place at Nawala would be the best going on personal experience.

You can also contact the peugeot owners club in the UK for assistance and advice. http://www.clubpeugeotuk.org/

Waiting for the photos and wish you all the very best in the restoration!!!! :)

Thanks bro, yes ofcourse this model is well knows for its seats and comfort. The car i've got now is 6 Sri 7xxx series and the three meter model., i suppose its brand new, yet to see the docs. i live abroad and saw this car online, so i called up a friend of mine and asked him to check it out, once he confirmed the car was ok i got him to buy the car for me. And yes the car has its original engine which is in pretty good condition giving a smooth drive i was told..., i hope to preserve the car to its original condition. will get the pictures up soon.

I hope you get the car you are eying ;) and since you say its in very good condition.. indeed its you who is luckier than me... lol.... good luck mate..

• 3 months later...

Hi guys..

sorry the pictures have taken so long.. its just that i am abroad and had to wait for my nephew to send them accross.. As you all will see there is quite a bit of work on the body and interior. The engine is supposed to be in pretty good condition, there is a huge play in the gear lever, probably the lever bushes.

anyways.. your comments are most welcome.. cheers....

post-51969-0-58772700-1380090910_thumb.jpost-51969-0-00173800-1380090913_thumb.jpost-51969-0-57763100-1380090914_thumb.jpost-51969-0-88319900-1380090916_thumb.jpost-51969-0-89440600-1380090918_thumb.jpost-51969-0-65533500-1380091178_thumb.jpost-51969-0-10175700-1380091623_thumb.j

Edited by racerboy

Congratulations on your find!

The cherry red looks great! hope you're not planning to change the colour!

IMHO, this model of 504 has more personality than its successors. And I've heard people swear by its comfortable seats.

Best of luck on your project. This is the sort of thing we need in AL.

Hi guys..

sorry the pictures have taken so long.. its just that i am abroad and had to wait for my nephew to send them accross.. As you all will see there is quite a bit of work on the body and interior. The engine is supposed to be in pretty good condition, there is a huge play in the gear lever, probably the lever bushes.

anyways.. your comments are most welcome.. cheers

Ah what a way to cheer up a morose day at work with so many system issues !

Thanks guys... yes I should be keeping the same colour. As for the restoration I might start it a bit later as 02 of my projects are going on at the same time..A mini and the w123. So im afraid ill get stuck so thought I'd take it a bit slow... :) moreover i just got a w124 E220 so I guess you all can imagine the squeeze on budgets. . Lol... dan rim eken yanne... ;)

beauty!!! I hate the person who just resprayed everything in maroon color even including the door locks. :) on the positive side of it, It's got good body shapes and more than anything, all the trims are in-tact, the chrome (stainless steel actually) surroundings on the windshield and door frames, the toughest things to find in-tact in most 504s nowadays.

Whatever you do in the restoration, do not let someone who doesn't know about 504s touch it. There's a way of removing the windshield surroundings (rubber beadings and stainless steel inserts) without removing them inserts (stainless steel frames around the windshield) . unfortunately the guy who did the restoration of my 504 is no longer doing restorations but might direct you to a trustworthy tinker who knows his stuff very well. Give yourself a try if you don't have a tinker. He's Sunil and can reach through 112 517948

and the face of your beloved 504 needs to improve a little as it's usual for local tinkers to make up completely a different face out of 504.. I went through a tough time correcting mine and downloaded lot of material, pictures close ups of those curves. Please do search in the forum and you may be able to find the restoration thread of mine.

this is my beauty (no longer mine though) parked at the same garage location where it got restored

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/nrpd.jpg/

HI,

Great to see another Peugeot enthusiast.

Congrats.

I am doing up a 4o4, after doing up another Peugeot,

would love to get my hands on to a good 5o4 as we had two

in the family in my childhood, but too many projects in hand at the moment and

doesn't want to get thrown out of house due to cars.

As Harshan says be careful of redoing body work,

Mechanicals are straight forward.

This is not a Summit model, summits came all "L" model.

Good Luck mate.

Good luck, if you need any help let m eknow will share as much as I can.

HI,

Great to see another Peugeot enthusiast.

Congrats.

I am doing up a 4o4, after doing up another Peugeot,

would love to get my hands on to a good 5o4 as we had two

in the family in my childhood, but too many projects in hand at the moment and

doesn't want to get thrown out of house due to cars.

As Harshan says be careful of redoing body work,

Mechanicals are straight forward.

This is not a Summit model, summits came all "L" model.

Good Luck mate.

Good luck, if you need any help let m eknow will share as much as I can.

ah.. wonderful... 404 is another model i adore.. best of luck to you too bro.. please do post some pictures of your car when possible..

beauty!!! I hate the person who just resprayed everything in maroon color even including the door locks. :) on the positive side of it, It's got good body shapes and more than anything, all the trims are in-tact, the chrome (stainless steel actually) surroundings on the windshield and door frames, the toughest things to find in-tact in most 504s nowadays.

Whatever you do in the restoration, do not let someone who doesn't know about 504s touch it. There's a way of removing the windshield surroundings (rubber beadings and stainless steel inserts) without removing them inserts (stainless steel frames around the windshield) . unfortunately the guy who did the restoration of my 504 is no longer doing restorations but might direct you to a trustworthy tinker who knows his stuff very well. Give yourself a try if you don't have a tinker. He's Sunil and can reach through 112 517948

and the face of your beloved 504 needs to improve a little as it's usual for local tinkers to make up completely a different face out of 504.. I went through a tough time correcting mine and downloaded lot of material, pictures close ups of those curves. Please do search in the forum and you may be able to find the restoration thread of mine.

this is my beauty (no longer mine though) parked at the same garage location where it got restored

hey.. thanks for the contact..ill keep him in mind when im ready to start but nevertheless ill get the car shown to him for an estimate..

yeah the trims are intact and anyways i have some chrome trims , dash panels and a similar cluster meter too from my previouse car. they might come in handy if needed.. acctually the door locks are not painted, they are missing... lol... thanks for the support offered bro..

oh and btw.. your car was a sure beauty.. sorry that you dont have it anymore..