• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz - Engine Check Light On

udayap

Question

One of my friend's Vitz NSP130 (done 6000 km only) started to give engine check warning just two days back. With that following symptoms came up

1. Could not move the gear lever without pressing the lock release button

2. Reverse lights did not light up when the gear lever in R position

3. Today the battery warning light came up and subsequently the battery got fully drained (could not start the car).

Now, we gonna fully charge the battery and expecting to bring the car to the agent. Hope, it will work, otherwise need to tow the vehicle to the agent. We are not dare to seek the help of "Maka-Base" to make things worst!!!!

Guys,,, what has happened here. Similar experiences!!!!

Only modification done was fixing a reverse camera few months ago. Just bit suspicious that these guys might have messed up the wiring system.

we are bit surprised about this problem occurred in a very new car...

Edited by udayap

9 answers to this question

Most probably sensor got busted.

I don't think reverse camera guys has messed up the wiring as it is very straightforward few minutes job.

Don't recharge battery, buy a new one, it;s good for the car and you.

I doubt that a sensor would be the culprit. Because, once the charged battery was fixed the engine check light disappeared (but other symptoms remained the same). But, after a short drive the battery got drained again and engined check light popped up again. Anyways, i'll update you once the problem is solved.

Edited by udayap

Could be a connector going to ECU under the dashboard that was disconnected during camera installation (for some reason) and not properly plugged back in.

Cant' be because the ECU is located near to the engine (not under the dash board!!)

Cant' be because the ECU is located near to the engine (not under the dash board!!)

What I said was connectors "going to the ECU" not "on the ECU".

Edited by Rumesh88

So obviously the battery is faulty or the charging system in the car is faulty. Just borrow a battery with all cells functioning and see if all the symptoms disappear. You may have to plug in the tester and cancel the check-engine error.