• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking For A Toyota Celica Between Years 1972-1977

ABR

Question

8 answers to this question

The one I was looking at is still available for sale. It needs a completely new rear-end as the original had been replaced with the back of a Ceres. I didn't go for it because I simply couldn't find a rear end in Japan without killing a Celica that had better potential...

@irage- i thought that was bought by somebody.

@watchman -there is a big craze for classics (any old cars) these days, partly due to a couple of fb groups promoting them and also due to some car brokers identifying these as business opportunities

Well..lets see....it was grabbed when it first was for sale...then let go....then I grabbed it and let go...then someone else was apparently interested the same time I was...no idea what happened and I think it was last week I saw it up for sale again on i**an.lk.

Think that car is proving itself to be a tough battle to be resurrected...

Edited by iRage

Well..lets see....it was grabbed when it first was for sale...then let go....then I grabbed it and let go...then someone else was apparently interested the same time I was...no idea what happened and I think it was last week I saw it up for sale again on i**an.lk.

Think that car is proving itself to be a tough battle to be resurrected...

i saw this car on sale, called the owner, he said the previous owner has riced the hell out of it :( such a shame one should ruin a classic like that, well, only in Sri Lanka lol :D

i saw this car on sale, called the owner, he said the previous owner has riced the hell out of it :( such a shame one should ruin a classic like that, well, only in Sri Lanka lol :D

I wish it wasjust riced ! then the salvation would have been easier....the entire backend was cut off and replaced with a Ceres backend...so it wasn't a matter of the original body being pulled out or bondo stuck on with plastic nailed on...with lights and trinkets of a Ceres or something stuck on there....

to get it to any decent shape you had to replace the entire body from the front door latch onwards...which meant the body which doesn't have door pillars or anything to support it other than the rigidity of the shell had to be cut in the middle and welded back on with a new one. What I was advised to do by some Celica people at this end was to either replace the entire body or put a roll-cage. Like I said I couldn't find a body without actually killing a better a car but someone posted a link to an Aussie site that had the needed "half-body". So if you really want to take on the project I guess you could....

No exact reason was known for the change, but just a general statement that it got hit on the back and needed lights and stuff and also had some rust that needed to be fixed.

yeah man its too much trouble, i think im going to pass on that. id rather spend a few laks more and buy a celica in its original body condition

i have a relative abroad who can send me the needed parts for this car, my goal is to find a celica and restore it to something like this 998545_553587568012017_2091313221_n.jpg

I like the subtleties in that car..apart from bolt-ons the only siginificant body change that might be a pain to undo is the hood; but then it is still modest enough as to not cause too much heart burn :)

Parts are becoming rarer for this car by the day...after all there are only a handful of cars that are still around to be scrapped for parts and beyond restoration. Saw some reproduction places but those too are a pretty penny on the pocket.

All the best on the hunt...