• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 3 Tuneup Place

GayanR

Hi guys can you recommend me a good repair shop for a mazda 3 car(around colombo) which does scanning,tuneup and repairing.I have heard about mazna and cm which claim to be unfair at prices..I'm having this car bog/miss randomly after last fuel fill up.(not so sure).even when in neutral if i slowly accelerate car would bog here and there but after about 2000 revs it's smooth..it's getting somewhat worse that it would suddenly bogs and accelerate when driving..this is a manual...

Sorry for hijacking your thread :)
My carburetor powered FB13 has exactly the same issue, I was thinking opening up a thread and saw your thread. Waiting for the replies :)

Both of you need to get your fuel filters checked. Then check to see of the plugs/Plug wires are in good condition. Think the Mazda 3 has COPs (Coil on Plugs) so the plugs may need cleaning as the fuel in SL tends to foul plugs more often. But my opinion is that the fuel filters may need Cleaning/Changing.

As for a garage that can do, I have two I can recommend, one in Seeduwa and one in Talawatugoda. Send me a PM if you cant the contact details.

Both of you need to get your fuel filters checked. Then check to see of the plugs/Plug wires are in good condition. Think the Mazda 3 has COPs (Coil on Plugs) so the plugs may need cleaning as the fuel in SL tends to foul plugs more often. But my opinion is that the fuel filters may need Cleaning/Changing.

As for a garage that can do, I have two I can recommend, one in Seeduwa and one in Talawatugoda. Send me a PM if you cant the contact details.

My fuel filter was replaced with a VIC one a year/2500Km ago. Not sure about the condition of the plug wires, as for the contact, I have Seeduwa's one given by you sometime back :)

@GayanR

when you drive at around 2K rpm, up-shift (probably result will be1.5K RMP), then try to accelerate with full throttle position.

with these steps if you can reproduce the symptoms most probably it might be "Ignition coil assembly".

• Like 1

MV-5, I know your reply wasn't intended for me, but when giving full throttle right after up shifting if the car struggles and feels a wobble what could be the culprit ?

Edited by NRX

@GayanR

when you drive at around 2K rpm, up-shift (probably result will be1.5K RMP), then try to accelerate with full throttle position.

with these steps if you can reproduce the symptoms most probably it might be "Ignition coil assembly".

HI mv-5 of course.If i upshift and peddle down to full it would wobble,sometimes engine pauses not accelarate at all, and re accelerate after about a second..but it doesnt happen everytime,but almost 70% of the time...

try to check your "coil assembly" (coil pack), remove the engine top cover first and in your garage (at dark, low light) check carefully for "sparks". you may see these "sparks" when you try to accelerate quickly . i think in Mazda 3 you can throttle from engine bay by pulling the cable.

sometime you may not see spark but you can hear it(listen very carefully ).

this might not be the reason , but this is somewhat common problem if the vehicle hits 100K Km ODO.

MV-5, I know your reply wasn't intended for me, but when giving full throttle right after up shifting if the car struggles and feels a wobble what could be the culprit ?

i don't know the theory behind this. but misfires related to "electrical path" (plugs, wire,coil,distributor) are noticeable in low RPM but on high demand. misfires related to "fuel path" is noticeable at high RPM also.

this what i experienced.

try to check your "coil assembly" (coil pack), remove the engine top cover first and in your garage (at dark, low light) check carefully for "sparks". you may see these "sparks" when you try to accelerate quickly . i think in Mazda 3 you can throttle from engine bay by pulling the cable.

sometime you may not see spark but you can hear it(listen very carefully ).

this might not be the reason , but this is somewhat common problem if the vehicle hits 100K Km ODO.

Tanx a lot mv-5,Went for a tune up and it turned out be just bad spark plugs...

Good. i suspected about coil packs because i thought that you have already done the basic things like "plugs and wires".

By the way, you were going to buy a "familia" hatch, you bought a mazda 3?

HI nrx i have no idea about carb engines...if you have not done a engine tune up for a long time..you better do one first and see if the symptoms go away...then start from there

Good. i suspected about coil packs because i thought that you have already done the basic things like "plugs and wires".

By the way, you were going to buy a "familia" hatch, you bought a mazda 3?

Yes mv-5 i did a basic clean up and and few filter and oil changes but couldn't get a proper tune up..thought something is wrong with petrol or something as it started to bog hard suddenly...anyway tanx.ya i was looking for a mazda hatch or a famila but a good condition one almost near 2.1m, luckily got this mazda 3 for a very decent prize.. ^_^

Great. and Congrats!. you will love its handling.

I would like to share one of my experience since it is applicable for your situation.

sometimes "electrical path" related misfires will be temporally disappear once plug has been cleaned or replaced.

this action will reduce the resistance through the air gap in plug tip. but latter it will increase the resistance and the problem might appear.

(i wish that fix is permanent )

if you notice the misfire again after few hundred Kms , then don't frustrate (Mazda 3 is a reliable car AFAIK).

this is just to share my experience.

Good to hear that, Where did u take her to ? As I got a similar problem and my fuel economy is pretty bad. Suspect the coil pack as I've hit 150K on the Originals (I think they are originals) .

I also want to check other sensors such as cam, o2 sensor etc…

• 3 months later...

Guys, I also got the plug wires replaced and the problem is gone. *touch wood* :-)

Two of the 4 plugs weren't firing properly because of a spark leak near the rubber boot thing which connects the wire and the plug.