• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

One of my friends handed over his car to Gunawardana Cushion House at Navinna last Saturday (31 August). He got his car back on Tuesday (3rd Sept) evening. He drove back home and tried to lock the door using the remote. It didn't work. So he immediately rang back Gunawardana's and spoke to the guy who handed over the car to him, That person strongly denied any knowledge about a problem with the remote lock. Finally he asked my friend to bring the vehicle next morning since it was closing time. Anyway my friend decided not to take the risk of going back, fearing he might get assaulted if there would be an exchange of words.

So he took the car to DN Motors Boralesgamuwa next morning to check the problem. Someone had cut off wires of control unit which resulted in a short-circuit that damaged control unit, What happened was clear and my friend immediately called the owner of Gunawardana's. Finally he admitted that he was aware of cutting off the wires of a remote control unit of "a car" and offered to fix a new unit.

My friend decided he should not go back to them. He could not rely further on their untrained, nasty staff who do not seem to care about the vehicles handed over to them in trust by customers.

I write this to the forum to help others to avoid such places giving shoddy and careless service.

Edited by longjohn

i really cant understand why your friend is so fearful about that shop......... is he having some sort of a personality disorder or something?

anyway thanks for your advise?

but i have noticed that lot of threads are opened regarding the seat covers and cushion related things over the recent past.

is this a sort of a gurilla marketing about a cushion shop?????????

One of my friends handed over his car to Gunawardana Cushion House at Navinna last Saturday (31 August). He got his car back on Tuesday (3rd Sept) evening. He drove back home and tried to lock the door using the remote. It didn't work. So he immediately rang back Gunawardana's and spoke to the guy who handed over the car to him, That person strongly denied any knowledge about a problem with the remote lock. Finally he asked my friend to bring the vehicle next morning since it was closing time. Anyway my friend decided not to take the risk of going back, fearing he might get assaulted if there would be an exchange of words.

So he took the car to DN Motors Boralesgamuwa next morning to check the problem. Someone had cut off wires of control unit which resulted in a short-circuit that damaged control unit, What happened was clear and my friend immediately called the owner of Gunawardana's. Finally he admitted that he was aware of cutting off the wires of a remote control unit of "a car" and offered to fix a new unit.

My friend decided he should not go back to them. He could not rely further on their untrained, nasty staff who do not seem to care about the vehicles handed over to them in trust by customers.

I write this to the forum to help others to avoid such places giving shoddy and careless service.

Mate, you are reporting some other person's experience. Your friend might not telling you 100% truth and no body knows what exactly happened/discussed between your friend and Cushion Works people. Please take care, when you report such incidents here as they are not your own experience (Because you clearly mention a name of an organization here) . This is my friendly suggestion only.

i been going to gunawardana for quite sometime over the year to get things fixed ive never had a problem. But of course my vehicle was never left alone. i always keep an eye out on whats been done.i cant fathom to think what sought of cushion or fabrication job will require 3 full days to complete...

Thank you for your comments. Since the shop people denied any knowledge of damage to wiring he was apprehensive to go back. If the people displayed empathy towards his complaint he would have gone back definitely.

Some jump to take the side of the shop and judge that customer is always trying to harm business people. Is this one reason that we get poor customer service? Otherwise you have to take your car only to a known shop.

Priyanka. He was not aware of any previous issues about this shop and this is the first time my friend went. He dies not have many cars but bought an old car recently. The post was done to make people be careful when handing over vehicles with burglar systems and risks with untrained staff. He knows that bosses have to defend the business and it's reputation.

I think the Watchman should have seen brute forces amply displayed all around Sri Lanka.

The work involved re-cushioning an old vehicle of 1997 vintage. It took 3 working days and this is a question to be posed to the shop people.

We stand by the story and we are not against anyone going to this shop. But insist on a written receipt about condition on your burglar alarm / lock wiring !!!

• 3 weeks later...

I might be missing something here but why would they fiddle around the security system for a seat repair job? And he really should've gone back and discussed it face to face. "Assault" is a bit unlikely don't you think? Haven't seen that many pools of blood around Panchi even :/

• 7 months later...

Yes i had some experience with gunawardena cushion sometime before their work is good .i wanted some lether cushion seat covers done. This was some time back they wanted the car for 2days.

But after I got the car .i found some scratch marks in the plastic pieces fixed in the seat. since it was black colour it was visible. So I decided I should stay near the car when any thing is done full time.

When I was selling my belta too the buyers too highlighted the point.this happened long time before but apart from that they did a very good job.

But when I bought my kyron the same they asked for two days.so I went all over Colombo spending over Rs.30,000 fuel after I estimated.

I found a place in negambo at that time they didn’t have ready made covers they asked 1 full day to cut material their work is decent.but I did my work from a shop in darley road (T.B.Jaya Mawatha) oppersite excel word its name is called custom car tailors only took 3hours to stitch leather cushions to my jeep

They do good work better you check with them.and they have experience cushion maker who has worked for Audi he is a Indonesian who is working for them on working visa.

I had a problem with my original rear seat hand rest .i spoke to micro they told they need to replace the unit as its not available would cost totally with freight around Rs.17,000 and it does not cover warrenty .i was not happy

This man made it for me free.i am very delighted with their service and recommend them to youl