• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Driving License - Written Test

nuwantha

Hello.. I'm new to here.. :mosking: I just finished my A/Ls and I want to take my license. Due to my studies I couldn't do it before...

I need your help & here are my questions...

what are asked on test paper? (is mechanical knowledge checked)

time for the paper?

is it difficult..and whats next after the paper..?

anyone who got license recently please help me.... :pardon:

THANKS

far as i know all new candidates are now supposed to go through a training school. its mandatory. so even if you're a Jack Brabham at the wheel, you still need trainer certification. now the those guys will have all the info you need. very specifically on what you need to know etc etc. so since you have to go there anyway, why don't you ask them?

far as i know all new candidates are now supposed to go through a training school. its mandatory. so even if you're a Jack Brabham at the wheel, you still need trainer certification. now the those guys will have all the info you need. very specifically on what you need to know etc etc. so since you have to go there anyway, why don't you ask them?

thanks for the reply

you mean driving instructors :sad-smiley-067: Oh that's not good I hope its not essential...

mechanicalknowledge is only checked for heavy vehicle license. you cant get a heavy vehicle license tillyou are 21 anyway

that's good I will not need a heavy vehicle license.....no heavy vehicles here..

back in the day (2002) this was not a requirement. i learned to drive from my dad. the test was a cinch. just went through that book by the RMV on the road signs and the rest was nothing.

but it is now, again, as far as my knowledge serves me. why don't you either ask the RMV or ask a learning school? i know its shitty but its the law and its probably a good thing. you never know you might just learn something.

back in the day (2002) this was not a requirement. i learned to drive from my dad. the test was a cinch. just went through that book by the RMV on the road signs and the rest was nothing.

but it is now, again, as far as my knowledge serves me. why don't you either ask the RMV or ask a learning school? i know its shitty but its the law and its probably a good thing. you never know you might just learn something.

yep I'm going to ask from a learning school tomorrow. Today I went through the RMV website and it didn't mention such certification from a driving school..