• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz 2010 Air Bags.

nsb15

Dear All,

Actually speaking I am not familiar with Toyota Vitz at all. I have an idea of buying one and all I know is it has 1000cc model and 1300cc model. some models have 2 air bags and some have 8. how shall I know that how many air bags are there. Is it indicated in somewhere or marked? Can I know it by chassis number?

please help....

thanks and best regards..

NSB15.

Any place concealing an airbag will be marked with the "SRS" (supplemental restraint system) logo emboss. Apart from the steering and passenger sides dash, look on the b pillar, c pillar plastic trim. B pillar is where your seatbelt is anchored. C pillar is the part in the rear behind and above the seat, between the door and windscreen. Look on the door trim also.

Any place concealing an airbag will be marked with the "SRS" (supplemental restraint system) logo emboss. Apart from the steering and passenger sides dash, look on the b pillar, c pillar plastic trim. B pillar is where your seatbelt is anchored. C pillar is the part in the rear behind and above the seat, between the door and windscreen. Look on the door trim also.

From Toyota Vitz Catalog - August 2010

http://web-cache.stream.ne.jp/www09/toyota-catalog/pdf/vitz-2/vitz-2_201008.pdf

ha37.jpg

Dear All,

I don't have any idea of differences between U/F/B styles of Vitz. looking for your support.

Regards....

First of all when you say 2010 which Vitz are you exactly talking about ? There was a switch between the 90 series and the 130 series in 2010.

Since you are referring to a B grade I am presuming you are referring to the 90 series ? They scrapped out the B grade in the 130 series.

Basically (90 series and before),

B = Base grade

F = Mid grade

U = Upper grade

RS = Sports version

plus some packages of various forms of U and then Jewela (and some other weirdly worded grades)

With the 130 series the B grade was dropped so the above scaling shifts down one.

As far as I can see; in the 90 series all grades came in 1000cc and 1300cc variants except for the RS (1500cc); and with the 130 series F (and Jewela ?) came in 1000cc and 1300cc variants; U in 1300 or 1500 cc and RS only in 1500cc variants.

Mind you I am just going by the catalog...

Trying to figure out Toyota's grades and standard packages that are actually in the cars is mind boggling so don't get too nitty gritty about it. Depending on the dealership line the car was sold through (Vitz is now strictly through Netz) and regional preferences the actual standard accessories/fittings will be different from location to location as well as season to season (special packages etc...).

The catalog which Sampath posted the link to, should have a table of the standard accessories and option packages for each grade. Since you are looking at JDM grades the catalog will be in Japanese and no other language.