• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oil Leak - Advice Please

sabertooth

Hi everybody,
first i should thank everybody who post in AL that make many people educated.

I have a year2000 Honda City for more than a year, its a nice car that gave me no trouble but recently i found that there's an OIL LEAK from the Rack End.
I read that post about Rack end oil leak of that cefiro, but got no clues about Honda spares..

please need some advice where or how to get it fixed..

regards..

• 2 weeks later...

My 96 Ek3 also has the same issue, slight oily look in both ends of steering rack but no noticeable oil level drops in power steering oil tank.

A few mechanics told no point of replacing oil seals and all, it needs to be replaced with a recon rack.

And recently I noticed a sound which is similar to bad CV joint sounds when steering is turned both ways while car is moving only, but no sounds when moving straight. I checked both CV boots were not damaged also.

I also read the previous thread about Cefiro and got to know that Komisiripala has helped the victim. Can you do the same to me too before I ended up replacing the rack?

Many Thanks.