• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

The Southern expressway is virtually completed. it means 99.9999% would say. If you want you can open up it next week (after 7-10 days). But why you delayed it putting blame to Contractors. Government waiting for Big BD in November unofficially.

All contractors worked expeditiously during July, August and early September with the instruction from RDA. And finally government took it back. Big boss has asked who the hell has asked to open it???? haa you can understand the story bros.

See these photos

Southern Expressway, (E01) at Km 86+600

72+100 of E01, Sri Lanka

Edited by Uthum

The Southern expressway is virtually completed. it means 99.9999% would say. If you want you can open up it next week (after 7-10 days). But why you delayed it putting blame to Contractors. Government waiting for Big BD in November unofficially.

All contractors worked expeditiously during July, August and early September with the instruction from RDA. And finally government took it back. Big boss has asked who the hell has asked to open it???? haa you can understand the story bros.

so are you saying that they opened the road and closed it again?

Cali/Uthum...tx for the great vid and photos. Can't believe how good this expressway looks. A credit to the design and construction teams. It's going to be an excellent drive, eh?

Drive carefully. I saw a sign saying road is getting smaller ahead. Near Kathuduwa overhead bridge.

so are you saying that they opened the road and closed it again?

Near History is like this.

-There was a big rush to finish and open up the E'way 31 July. Couldn't meet the deadline, which was an official deadline from RDA.

-Then people thought end of August it would be, same rush and tried to complete.

-Media reported that 02nd of September E'way was to be opened. Not happened.

-Ultimately, any of official and unofficial dead line couldn't make. So, government now has declared that E'way will be commissioned for the public at the end of the year.

@Californikan, Thanks for using my photo of the Expressway! They are actually published in

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirilaka/sets/72157627622309367/with/5191595162/

I took these photos with the canon PowerShot A640 and EOS 550D (T2i) cameras!

I was wondering if I could shameless request instead of puting same images here from our Sirilaka.org's Flickr page for attribution could you link the site address anywhere else in next time? Hope you are not angree with me. This will encourage me to put more and more photos for you to see.

On behalf of

Sirilaka.org

Edited by Uthum
  • Like 3

Cali/Uthum...tx for the great vid and photos. Can't believe how good this expressway looks. A credit to the design and construction teams. It's going to be an excellent drive, eh?

@Scooter, the Southern Expressway is exceptional case when you compare other roads in Sri Lanka. In fact this is first Expressway in Sri Lanka, that has almost all international standards. However, please mindful that our drivers are not well disciplined enough to drive here properly. So, be careful when you drive here initially.

yeah, credit should go all people who contributed to make this Expressway is a reallity!

There is are fences running on either side of the expressway for the entire length of the expressway.

I'm more worried about people climbing the fence to cross the expressway.

Yes, proper fense is there to prevent animal's entrance, specially like cows. But, dog can some how enter with small holes some would make. The standard clearence between fence net bottom and ground is 100mm or less. But there are some larger opening in natural drains locations. So, it would be not garanteed that dogs cannot enter the Expressway.

In case of people: No fence cannot prevent people to enter. They will be climed and enter into the Expressway boundary. Law is ther here then to fine them.

@Californikan, Thanks for using my photo of the Expressway! They are actually published in

I was wondering if I could shameless request instead of puting same images here from our Sirilaka.org's Flickr page for attribution could you link the site address anywhere else in next time? Hope you are not angree with me. This will encourage me to put more and more photos for you to see.

On behalf of

Sirilaka.org

Machang you dont have to feel apologetic to ask Califonican to give credit to your work if he's using it. By right he should ask you.

Apo Californican maha pal horek! thuk witharak...

Machang you dont have to feel apologetic to ask Califonican to give credit to your work if he's using it. By right he should ask you.

Apo Californican maha pal horek! thuk witharak...

@Watchman, It is ok machan. As far as people use our photos for some genuine work, we are ok. This must not be dirty debate here, please. I hope Californican might have understood it and let's stop such argument and let's see more details about the First Expressway in Sri Lanka. I will upload more images and you all are invited to see them.

Thank you,

www.sirilaka.org

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirilaka/sets/72157627622309367/with/5191595162/

On behalf of

Sirilaka.org

hey you dont have to feel bad for claiming what's yours.

I think at least people should put a foot note pointing to the source :)

Watchman, Myself, Pericles all do photography as a hobby so we understand where you're coming from.

Also nice to meet a fellow canon shooter! shoot with a 50d myself...waiting to go for a 5d mk2 :)