• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

I'm sure he'll do something about the dogs

Apparently they worked hard on the E01 too (before it was opened to the public)

Jami and his pals share the same passion for protecting the E01, (but for different reasons :) )

Not nice, getting swatted at 200++ kmph by speeding motorists, right in the culmination of courtship

Jami's role in the E01 explained perfectly :grinning-smiley-004:

Edited by Chooti Putha

Did my first run on the highway last weekend - speed limit was increased to 120 on sunday so the ride back was quicker! Strangest sight was an expressway Xtrail parked by the side of the road with the driver taking a leak in full view of everyone, sadly didnt have camera on hand :-)

Once again rules clearly don't apply to those entrusted to enforce them ....

Yup - checked with the guys at both Galle and Kottawa gates as well to be sure, and they confirmed speed limit is now 120. All boards still say 100 though

But this to be formal they have to first announce it via media i think... still better be sure...

there is no point of arguing with a boy like you........ :sport-smiley-003:

Oyy you idiopathic moron...Who argued?? No argument just offered my self for your charge of catching who violated 100km/h limitation....So what are you going to do ??? question still remains. Oyy I send a couple of waste like you down the drain every morning without fail...

So you the bugg*r claimed to own a 1985 Mini Cooper....

list

1- Watchman - Ek3 VI-RS (also 5 buddies n their rides)

2- Jdnet - 2005 Maruti 800 supercharged and fully modified.

3- Jami - 1988 minicooper (i have this only)

http://forum.autolan...ay/page__st__20

and you playing a clownish law abiding citizens role ,yet a few months back you wanted street drag your so called 88 Cooper , so whats this split personality? seeking cheap popularity or somethin?

Coming back to your Cooper thing , there are only three authentic 80s Coopers in SL and I know all owners and surely you are not one of them. Three possibilities here,

One you moron dont know what a Mini Cooper is ,

Two you a damn big liar ,

Three being the most dangerous one, that you are using an illegal cooper in SL

By anychance if you fall into the category three, make sure you sell it fast else dont call me a bad guy, coz you wanted to teach others a lesson....things are gonna come back to you in a nasty way.

Ado dont throw stones if you in a glass house,

Just because you being a paid janitor at E01 dont assume that you own it and only you contributed..entire nation contributed E01 by paying taxes and will continue paying for the next 45 years since the total cost is US$ 600 mil is on a 45 year payment plan.

I have seen puss!es and engaged in a 15 year life or death battle with em...I won rest all dead or gone...so you pus$y is just nobody to me...Hereafter dont even spell the name miniace here bet if you do you SOB is gonna hate that name..

MINIACE

Edited by miniace
  • Like 5

Ok, this is the strangest news I heard, I was told by a 'reliable' source, ie, another member of AL who I tend to respeect somewhat that the cops are checking the Toll ticket at the exits to roughly work out your speed and then slap you with a fine. Is that true? He claims that it has happened to a co-worker who was 15 mins ahead of 'schedule'.

Also the 120kmph speed increase is not correct. Apparenetly.

Can Jami, before Miniace rips him a new one, tell us the real story please? :)

Ok, this is the strangest news I heard, I was told by a 'reliable' source, ie, another member of AL who I tend to respeect somewhat that the cops are checking the Toll ticket at the exits to roughly work out your speed and then slap you with a fine. Is that true? He claims that it has happened to a co-worker who was 15 mins ahead of 'schedule'.

Heard the same story too machan about the 'time fine'. Just imagine if its some cop really bad in math :)

The E01 is gettin more and more unattractive to me now.

We pay to enter, and we pay to exit also???

WTF!

THink I will raher stick to the old fashioned way of going to Galle... stop over at the Kosgoda bridge petti kadey to have the hoppers made of Raa Mandi and then a plain tea and then get in to Galle just in time for a good beer... :) No aggravation, no dogs, no retards throwing rocks, no expensive railings to pay for and definitley no dumb ass cops with a calculator telling me how fast I drove.

• Like 3

The Sri Lankan Law enforcement never fails to come up with a new gimick to fill their pockets. its pretty pathetic

Edited by Chooti Putha
  • Like 1

The E01 is gettin more and more unattractive to me now.

We pay to enter, and we pay to exit also???

WTF!

THink I will raher stick to the old fashioned way of going to Galle... stop over at the Kosgoda bridge petti kadey to have the hoppers made of Raa Mandi and then a plain tea and then get in to Galle just in time for a good beer... :) No aggravation, no dogs, no retards throwing rocks, no expensive railings to pay for and definitley no dumb ass cops with a calculator telling me how fast I drove.

You've paid to enter the highway? Some sort of advance fine just for you? :D

The day I went they were reading off average speeds of vehicles based on their entry/exit times. So if you wanna speed, be smart like the guy in the Type-R. Whizz through at 200 and take a half hour cig break on the shoulder :)

You've paid to enter the highway? Some sort of advance fine just for you? :D

The day I went they were reading off average speeds of vehicles based on their entry/exit times. So if you wanna speed, be smart like the guy in the Type-R. Whizz through at 200 and take a half hour cig break on the shoulder :)

My mistake about the entry fee... :) Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa... :)

• Like 1

I have heard the time calculated fine at the exit point story as well, it makes perfect sense and quite easy for the cops. No cameras, no speed guns and waiting in the hot burning sun by the side of the road..

Anyway the best is to to stick to the speed limit, also your chances of avoiding a dog is much better and you avoid getting copped. Most guys having accidents are due to speeding ( beyond 100kmph) and cannot control the car, but they don't exactly tell the whole story when it happens. Most cars can comfortably break from 100 without too much of an issue.

• Like 2

Heard the same story about random checking of exit tickets by cops.A friend of mine was checked and luckily he was just outside the stipulated average timing he was told and got a police pardon.The place was Kahathuduwa northbound exit.

MINIACE

if everyone stick by the rules and stick to the 100 speed limit...we have nothing much to worry about i suppose.

But i hope RDA and cops will address the dog issue, stone thrower problem and the mugger issue.

The problem with people doing 200kmh kinda runs is that...although their cars might be able to do so without a hitch, drivers skills might not really be upto it.

It's nice and fine for them to have their thrills and crash and die on their own as long as they dont take out another car with some innocent family in it.

• Like 9

It's nice and fine for them to have their thrills and crash and die on their own as long as they dont take out another car with some innocent family in it.

Here is a fool like that... almost killed 8 kids in Mount today. Not related to the E01, but speeding I think.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/16155-accident-in-mount-6-injured.html