• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

There were 850CC Minis. They were the first to come out in 1959.

And the whole idea of contemplating which car would come first, is merely hypothetocal.

The original 850CC Mini in its stock form carried a 848CC 34bhp Carburetor engine with 10 inch wheels and its about 650kg

The Viva also has an 850CC version which carries a 52bhp EFI DVVT engine with 12inch wheels and its about 740 kg

Maruti 800 has an 800CC engine with around 35bhp and it uses MPFI. Wheel size is 12-inches (correct me if I'm wrong here). Its also about 650 kg

Nano has a 624CC engine with about 30bhp has 10inch wheels. It's about 600kg

Going ONLY by these figures and not considering the aerodynamics, stability and zillion other factors, I believe the Viva would be far ahead, if these cars were dragged in their stock form.

Do you think a purpose built racer or some thing related to it will be overtaken by a :D

Edited by Sithira Randula

Back to the topic.. was driving back from Galle on the E01.. doing the average 110 km/h. out of nowhere came a Black Alion, must have been doin well over 150, over took me with no signals.. then pulled up to behind a Prius on the right lane at the same speed... and there was hardly a 10 foot gap between the cars.. :sad-smiley-058:

To the idiot who drove KN-0260...... be a bit more sensible when driving..

You M.F KN-0260 almost killed us on the highway, this ASS drove straight from the intersection onto the overtaking lane not looking even if there were vehicals. I was doing around 120km and had the shock of my life when this ALLION ASS came on to me and wriggled his way through 5 vehicals. I sent a radio message to bugatti saying to watch our coz he was with his kid and few of my friends were with there kids as well in there own vehicals in front of me. I hope he hits a tree and dies so no one else would get hurt in the future....

Back to the topic.. was driving back from Galle on the E01.. doing the average 110 km/h. out of nowhere came a Black Alion, must have been doin well over 150, over took me with no signals.. then pulled up to behind a Prius on the right lane at the same speed... and there was hardly a 10 foot gap between the cars.. :sad-smiley-058:

To the idiot who drove KN-0260...... be a bit more sensible when driving..

You M.F KN-0260 almost killed us on the highway, this ASS drove straight from the intersection onto the overtaking lane not looking even if there were vehicals. I was doing around 120km and had the shock of my life when this ALLION ASS came on to me and wriggled his way through 5 vehicals. I sent a radio message to bugatti saying to watch our coz he was with his kid and few of my friends were with there kids as well in there own vehicals in front of me. I hope he hits a tree and dies so no one else would get hurt in the future....

Yep i saw this bugger fly by at a high speed as well. He passed us and there was a bend, seemed pretty stable at that high speed though :/ When he passed us the road was relatively empty and he quickly disappeared, your situation seems a lot more dangerous though

Can't we make a complaint? Since more than 1 person can corroborate the story?

Edited by VVTi

Bora,

No point of talking man. I don't think those Dumb a#ses know there is a website by the name of AL. If so they will deffineatley be more responsible drivers after seeing these comments. On my way to Tangalle last week I saw several damages drivers have caused to the safety fences on either sides of the High way.

well it's a single weel tipper with load of logs. according to the tv news there was 03 in front ( i heard) who used seat belts.nothing has happen to them.other person (mid 50) was in the tipper part got thrown out suddnly.got died. lorry was did around 60kmph.

Ignorance and violations of laid ruled cost lives.

The 55 year old victim was travelling at the rear end of the small truck with no safety harness.Truck was travelling from Galle to Kottawa carrying a timber load and at 8.4km mark lorry has overturned due to a sudden deflation of a tyre at high speed.

MINIACE