• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Are These Stickers?

nsb15

Mind you, this is not specific to Toyota. Any imported Japanese vehicle might carry.

GREEN STICKER:
Improved Fuel Efficiency by 20% in Heisei 22 (The year of 2010)

BLUE (****) STICKER:
Low Emission Vehicle
Emission Reduced by 75% in Heisei 17 (The year of 2005)
Approved by The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism

(Ref. -http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/member-opinions-suggestions/193609-stickers-rear-screen-jdm-cars)

post-49549-0-88008100-1385988378_thumb.j

Edited by WCW
  • Like 3

Here's a twist to the plot. I noticed these very stickers on a car in Singapore a couple of days ago. And Singapore isnt in the habit of importing 'reconditioned' cars.

There are parallel importers who import some models as grey/parallel imports...seen Premios and Allions in SG (which Toyota does not officially sell in SG). Granted most of these parallel imports are brand-new units.An acquinance of mine has a JDM RAV4 as well...

Hey Sampath...

1 and 2 can be anything from the TX/RX module of a ETC card to a GPS unit so it depends and is hard to be definitive about what it is

3 is the shaken sticker..it shows until what month + year it is valid until (actually in reverse as it shows the period a new shaken needs to be taken as it will be even on a brand new car. In the pic that you posted shows that the new shaken needs to be obtained on the 7th month of the 25th year of the current emperor (presuming H25). the other one that looks like a clock/disc on the top right hand corner of the windshield (when facing the car) is the sticker that shows when the inspection/waiver was carried out on the back and when the next one is needed.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Hey Sampath...

1 and 2 can be anything from the TX/RX module of a ETC card to a GPS unit so depends so hard to be definitive about what it is

3 is the shaken sticker..it shows until what month + year it is valid until (actually in reverse as it shows the period a new shaken needs to be taken as it will be even on a brand new car. In the pic that you posted shows that the new shaken needs to be obtained on the 7th month of the 25th year of the current emperor (pressuming H25). the other one that looks like a clock/disc on the top right hand corner of the windshield (when facing the car) is the sticker that shows when the inspection/waiver was carried out on the back and when the next one is needed.

Thanks iRage. :)

Yes. I can remember in clock type sticker in our Trad Sunny (YOM-1987, imported to Sri Lanka in 1989), year was shown as 63 (as I remember). Definitely within the period of Emperor Horohito .

There are parallel importers who import some models as grey/parallel imports...seen Premios and Allions in SG (which Toyota does not officially sell in SG). Granted most of these parallel imports are brand-new units.An acquinance of mine has a JDM RAV4 as well...

interesting... Thanks for that piece of info :)