• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Vibrates-Plz Help

kmcsb

Rumesh where are you getting your schematics from? Do you have a copy of AutoData or another software?

No. It is just the backups (some backups periodic some when I changed notebooks) CDs, VCDs and drives collected over a period. I know it is messy way to keep the archives but that's me :speechless-smiley-004:

#18 here is only a reference number for the canister. It is the #18 vacuum tube that you must look for and it is this port that is used for choke and the fast idle unloader. If the port is broken then the mechanic must have swapped it with something else for now your cold start is somehow working. Is n't it? You've got to go looking for a replacement again I'm afraid.

yep...he has just bypass it some other hose..i chked it today..yep my cold start is working,,,,do you wat is #18 for???you mean the reson behind this vibration acoording this broken valve?//

Could well be. Best thing is to find a replacement (or is n't it possible to repair the broken one?) and bring the car back to the original config. He must have swapped #18 with another see if you can figure that out.

• 4 months later...

Finally I got tht part again...I reintalled and re-connecet 4 vaccum lines...but I still got vibrations while switch on hedlights, press brake, rolling up windows shutters....

But after re-set tht senosor cold start vibration soloved... pls help

Finally I got tht part again...I reintalled and re-connecet 4 vaccum lines...but I still got vibrations while switch on hedlights, press brake, rolling up windows shutters....

But after re-set tht senosor cold start vibration soloved... pls help

So you are back to square one! You got the thermo valve installed and the cold stat problem solved but not the idle boost on high electrical load.

Today I showed my car to technician..he chked my charging is ok...igot 14.5 whlie hedlights on...normally its 13...

That's normal but what happens is that when PGM detects high electrical load it boosts the alternator output to 14.5 but the corresponding idle boost is not working. I believe you do not have a problem with your AC idle speed and if so read my previous posts on this thread on how to check the idle boost mechanism.

i read your artilce again and redo your steps..but nothing changes..still vibrates...

Those steps will only guide you to trace the problem.

@Rumesh88 I suggest you to open an auto repair shop and earn.you'll be million times better than expert makabas garages around us.

Ha haa.. may be one day when I lose my job!!

how can i chk tht dashpot is worikng correctley...??

Simple. With engine stopped at working temperature, remove the vacuum hose and keep it plugged with you finger and ask someone to start the engine. You should not get feel any vacuum. Then switch on the headlights to see if you get the vacuum on the hose. If you get the vacuum and dashpot is not working the dash pot is faulty. If you do not get the vacuum trace the vacuum line to the vacuum valve inside the box near the firewall and see if that works.

can u tellme which dashpot vaccum line should i chk..if you can plz post a pic

I do not have a pic of the carb but it is the dash pot where No. 20 vacuum hose is connected to. This dash pot has two vacuum connections - one for idle boost and another for the AC idle boost. Your AC idle is OK I believe. There may be an adjustment screw at the back of the dash pot.

hi rumesh,

i just chk my dashpot has two vaccum lines..i checked both got vacum(air) one is #20 and other cannot read..#20 is on right vaccum line-in... i notice one vacuum hose line got small craked..(i highlight with a red circle) is this a issue?

vaccum1.jpg

If the crack is deep enough to cause a leak then it is serious but what you have shown in the diagram is the AC idle boost vacuum line. You can temporarily use a masking tape to seal the crack but for a more permanent and neat job use a black color heat-shrinking sleeve from Pettah 1st Cross St. However this diagram is not fitting exactly to your car but the idea is the same. (Apparently AC was an option for this car and that is why IMO the AC vacuum line was not numbered). Just check if the dash pot operate for both when the AC is on and headlights are on. If it retract but if the engine does not rev up then that's the adjustment (adjustment on the throttle shaft. One on the back of the dash pot is for AC. Also check if the two lines are swapped at the dash pot end. No. 20 should be the inner one.