• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Vezel

HRV

Question

Hi Guys,

"Heard" that Honda Vezel - a Hybrid small SUV from Honda has landed in SL market. I'm currently thinking about an upgrade (Within next 6 months) and considering this vehicle although I'm not a big fan of Hybrids. My other alternative is to extend the budget a bit and go for a 2nd hand fortuner. (Somewhere around 4.0 - 5.5 Mil+). I know that these Two vehicles are of Two classes. Thing I like in fortuner is, it's a 7 seater and I might need the extra seats from time to time. I'm sure that the Honda would be of a more refined drive than the fortuner which based on the Hilux. (I've my mind on Honda CrossRoad as well, but compared to fortuner it's very cramped inside.)

- Does anyone have any experience on Vezel (specially guys involved in the trade) ? How is the handling, Is it fun to drive or a boring vehicle (Slow acceleration etc) ? I went through some reviews and those mentions that it only contains a 1.5 iVtec motor coupled with the electric motor delivering 150HP+. All of the reviews I found are from Indian web sites which are usually BS.

- I know it is too early to ask such a question, but are there any known issues to anticipate with the technologies involved? (Eg : Gear box issues which are common on earlier Honda CVTs etc)

- Does anyone know the exact market price (non permit) of Vezel in SL at the moment ? (I heard that it's between 4.1 - 5.1 mil, but not sure.)

- Again a hard question to answer but some of you guys know the market being actively involved in it - As a Hybrid would this become too common in Sri Lanka like Axios, Prius, Insights, Allions etc.

- My current ride is perfectly running well, but just thinking of doing an upgrade, since it's getting old. Do you think it is wise to stay few more years until this model becomes main stream and then do a purchase or buy now before the demand/price goes high. I don't have a requirement to buy a car brand new since 2-3 years of use with good maintenance should be negligible wear and tear on a petrol engine.

Thanks guys !

True....the white Z looks good..just that it doesn't have that rugged look and ends up looking like an over grown FIT :)

The Honda dealership called saying htat their test model had some problems and applogized and offered another test drive. Obviously went for a drive again.Apparently there was something wrong with the "drive selector" <no idea what that means i guess switching before SPORT/ECO/etc ?> and the car needed to be reset. Personally I still didn't feel a difference. In Sport mode the Hybrid is not too bad but has a lazyness that simply is not there inthe gasoline <although the gasoline seemed a bit out of breath uphill>. The RFP pedal in Eco mode really really really is a pain <atleast for me> in Nagasaki traffic which is mostly uphill <I guess Colombo would be fine :)>

During both test drives the range meter showed only between 15-16 kmpl.

Test drove a new X-trail yesterday and after how that felt I have a better appreciation for the Vezel. In both how it handled <not really a fair comparison> and has been put together.

OT:

Granted the X-Trail I drove was a 2000cc variant which was seriously under powered <I would personally go for the larger engine unit> and the larger heavier body than the previous model had some body roll <despite the fact that it was a unit with fancy computer controlled suspension>; on the plus side the new X-Trails interior is much well put together than the old model. It is quiet and smooth <almost car like...for better or for worst> and comes with third row seating for little people with very very short legs .Steering is a bit too light for my liking and lacks a bit of feel but was reasonably responsive and direct considering the size of the car.

EDIT: Larger engine for the X-Trail would be the diesel which will be out soon and apparently a hybrid that will come out later on....right now JDM has only 2000cc

Edited by iRage

True....the white Z looks good..just that it doesn't have that rugged look and ends up looking like an over grown FIT :)

The Honda dealership called saying htat their test model had some problems and applogized and offered another test drive. Obviously went for a drive again.Apparently there was something wrong with the "drive selector" <no idea what that means i guess switching before SPORT/ECO/etc ?> and the car needed to be reset. Personally I still didn't feel a difference. In Sport mode the Hybrid is not too bad but has a lazyness that simply is not there inthe gasoline <although the gasoline seemed a bit out of breath uphill>. The RFP pedal in Eco mode really really really is a pain <atleast for me> in Nagasaki traffic which is mostly uphill <I guess Colombo would be fine :)>

During both test drives the range meter showed only between 15-16 kmpl.

Test drove a new X-trail yesterday and after how that felt I have a better appreciation for the Vezel. In both how it handled <not really a fair comparison> and has been put together.

OT:

Granted the X-Trail I drove was a 2000cc variant which was seriously under powered <I would personally go for the larger engine unit> and the larger heavier body than the previous model had some body roll <despite the fact that it was a unit with fancy computer controlled suspension>; on the plus side the new X-Trails interior is much well put together than the old model. It is quiet and smooth <almost car like...for better or for worst> and comes with third row seating for little people with very very short legs .Steering is a bit too light for my liking and lacks a bit of feel but was reasonably responsive and direct considering the size of the car.

Did you get to see a Vezel with and without the black cladding for the underneath? It looks better with the black cladding in pics

At the showroom they all had cladding (white,green, black and then there was a maroon one the second time around);saw a white unit and a interesting light grey unit around town without the cladding. The grey (light) didn't look too bad but the white...well it seemed too whitish without the cladding...

Edited by iRage

Oh..and by the way....if I ordered one yesterday from Honda the delivery date for a Hybrid is August and for the gasoline it would be July (from 1st of April sales tax goes up by 3% and these guys are coming up with all sorts of schemes to get most of peoples' money now ;). Granted there are ones at other auto dealers but then you don't get to custom pick stuff...

At the showroom they all had cladding (white,green, black and then there was a maroon one the second time around);saw a white unit and a interesting light grey unit around town without the cladding. The grey (light) didn't look too bad but the white...well it seemed too whitish without the cladding...

Exactly, its too white without the cladding

It's pronounced "weasel", innit?

And they'll give it some nickname :P

Introduced just few months ago, this is the 4th best selling vehicle in Japan according to JADA http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2014/07/16/japan-june-2014-toyota-aqua-back-to-1-honda-vezel-up-to-4/

Even in Sri Lanka, I saw Vezels in so many car sales in Colombo. With its price, Vezel is going to be a popular vehicle like Corolla and sunny. More Vezels to come