• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:::help To Select Best Compact Suv:::

If its a UTE, I would go for a Hilux, even if it meant buying an older one.

@GTam - would u care to elaborate a bit more about the horror stories? I am a Ford owner since 2011. Never had any major issue with the car yet (quite unusual for a modern Euro in Sri Lanka). Sorry about the OT though.

A Doctor pal of mine called over the weekend. His wife (also a doc) has got a Fiesta. It has never run properly. The major problem seems to be with the gearbox or its electronics. It's always in low gears and so the engine is revving its nuts off, consequently giving disastrous fuel consumption. As it's still under warranty they've been platinum members at the agents. And they've tried a lot of stuff including a complete transmission replacement which has still not cured the problem. And that's not all he said there were other smaller issues that we done under warranty. The latest being a crack in the exhaust manifold (The car has done 17k kms).

Lots of their other colleagues who also have Fiestas (and he mentioned the Ranger too) have been suffering from a myriad of quality problems. And none of them are satisfied with the agents rather cold approach to them. I should be meeting him in person this week and will get more info. Looks like it's the Thai origin vehicles....

A Doctor pal of mine called over the weekend. His wife (also a doc) has got a Fiesta. It has never run properly. The major problem seems to be with the gearbox or its electronics. It's always in low gears and so the engine is revving its nuts off, consequently giving disastrous fuel consumption. As it's still under warranty they've been platinum members at the agents. And they've tried a lot of stuff including a complete transmission replacement which has still not cured the problem. And that's not all he said there were other smaller issues that we done under warranty. The latest being a crack in the exhaust manifold (The car has done 17k kms).

Lots of their other colleagues who also have Fiestas (and he mentioned the Ranger too) have been suffering from a myriad of quality problems. And none of them are satisfied with the agents rather cold approach to them. I should be meeting him in person this week and will get more info. Looks like it's the Thai origin vehicles....

Please check your PM. I have sent some information, which might be helpful for your friend to solve his problem.

Focus does have the same gearbox as the Fiesta (4 speed semi automatic) so it might be an electronics niggle. While searching the net, I found the following:

http://www.fiestafaction.com/forums/fiesta-service-bay/32779-transmission-engine-noise.html#post59932

See if it helps.

I guess the most the problem is lack of interest for FORD and parts and knowledge coz all those models are famous in AUS and NZ as FORD launched the new RANGER 3.2 with 6 SPEED and various other models also and it is vary famous

Ranger might be more reliable as it is built in Thailand